Victoria's Secret Etc, Etc (PLEASE READ POST #1 BEFORE POSTING)

give it 2 yrs, they r gonna start using reality stars like audrina and paris to sell it because they are recognisable

Oh no:ninja:, I hope they wont replace models with celebs - thats actually among the reasons why I like VS - they never use celebs, just real models.:heart:

Um Heidi doesnt sell much these days. Other then her name for VSFS promo. But she is not much in catalogs or online so what does she sell ? lol

Well, she did that Perfect One bra launch in March, a make-up launch in February, Very Sexy make-up in October - and that's not counting all the VSFS stuff she did, going on talk shows etc to promote the brand. Soo, VS still seem to use her for plenty! :flower:

Well, she did that Perfect One bra launch in March, a make-up launch in February, Very Sexy make-up in October - and that's not counting all the VSFS stuff she did, going on talk shows etc to promote the brand. Soo, VS still seem to use her for plenty! :flower:

Im aware of the launches, what I mean is she doesnt appear much online and in catalogs except for a few perfect one pictures ( I dont count make up line, just VS lingerie, swim and clothing) :flower::flower: And yes, thats what I already said - she is 'used much' when promoting VSFS on talk shows and such.

give it 2 yrs, they r gonna start using reality stars like audrina and paris to sell it because they are recognisable

I think it was last year that Ed Razek, the pepper grey hair guy who's one of the top people at VS, said that every year he gets requests from celebrities to walk the show, and he turns them down.

I think it was last year that Ed Razek, the pepper grey hair guy who's one of the top people at VS, said that every year he gets requests from celebrities to walk the show, and he turns them down.

Yep, and I love him for that lol. :lol::blush:

Using celebs would be awful! There is something sexy and mysterious about a gorgeous, tall, perfectly proportioned woman- that you rarely hear rattle on about nothing in magazines, or showing her booty on MTV.

Celebs, should do what they do best (or do nothing in Paris Hiltons case)

LEAVE THE RUNWAY FOR MODELS!

( I dont count make up line, just VS lingerie, swim and clothing)

:shock: Why don't you count make-up? It sells too, and it has been VERY successful for VS, they're making tons of money with their make-up line...enough to offer Adriana more money than Maybelline so she can model VS makeup!

:shock: Why don't you count make-up? It sells too, and it has been VERY successful for VS, they're making tons of money with their make-up line...enough to offer Adriana more money than Maybelline so she can model VS makeup!

Because I dont count make up, what so shocking about it? Vs first and foremost is a lingerie brand and then make up, shoes and all that etc. ( and besides perfect one Heidi is not featured a lot in their MAIN lingerie lines or even clothing or swim). Oh and I am aware about VS offer for Adriana so no need to poke it into my face if you happen to know it too. :rolleyes: Everyone got it, you 'know it ALL better then anyone'.:rolleyes:

Adriana has been with VS 10 years. From a marketing point of view, this makes much more sense than your opinion. Adriana is the face of their brand easily recognisable and associated with VS.

I don't associate Adriana with VS as such. She's just another girl that works for them while doing a number of other things. When I see her now in one of their ads or catalogs, I just think, "Oh, Her again?". She's become boring in that sense. They need new faces. They need to focus on the product and not the faces. In fact, they could go back to the old way of selling their product and not show the faces at all, just the figure wearing the product.

Time to move on. There's been some speculation that Hilary Rhoda may sign on with them. I hope she doesn't. I think she's destined for bigger and better things.

^Im sorry but what, for a model could be "bigger and better" than a VS contract?

Seriously 90% of models would give their right arm to have the contract. Its the best paying contract in the industry. Not to mention that VS is the ONLY thing in fashion right now that is creating stars. Hilary would be so lucky.

Plus hasnt she tried out for the show already and didnt get in?

Because I dont count make up, what so shocking about it? Vs first and foremost is a lingerie brand and then make up, shoes and all that etc. ( and besides perfect one Heidi is not featured a lot in their MAIN lingerie lines or even clothing or swim). Oh and I am aware about VS offer for Adriana so no need to poke it into my face if you happen to know it too. :rolleyes: Everyone got it, you 'know it ALL better then anyone'.:rolleyes:

There's no need to get offended! :smile: I just thought we were talking about VS as a brand in whole - I didn't realize you were talking about lingerie/swim only.

And, I wasn't poking the Adriana thing in your face, I was merely pointing out why I think the make-up line is of growing importance to VS (they are spending a ton of money to have Ale and Adriana advertise it, Ale got lots as well for being the face of Natural Beauty, didn't she?) and why I therefore thought it was worth it to count Heidi's sells for that.

I do not know anything better than anyone else, I was merely disagreeing with your opinion that make-up shouldn't be counted, and trying to understand why you felt that way as it made no sense to me. :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
So, two things I got from the People article about Adriana's pregnancy (you can find it in her thread).

1. There will be a show

2. Adriana won't be in it

Thank you for that info Iloveyoutoo. I don't know for how much longer VS can dish out a show every year. Like, I think eventually they won't pull it off.

I wouldn't guarantee they'll be a show from that article...since they said the show that tapes in December...doesn't show very reliable info. Plus the girls probably have been told not to speak if there is or isn't a show...hence Doutzen not being able to say anything.

Also, I wouldn't count Adriana completely out. I'm guessing she'll host or do something like Heidi did in 2006, it's actually part of their contract that they have to be involved in the show somehow...my guess is it will be that way.

Where does it say that the show tapes in December? They said that the baby was due in December, I dont recall them saying anything about when the show was taped.

And yeah, she might host the show or tape some video segmant, but what I mean when I say she wont be in the show is that she wont be on the runway.

They said it in a video. Again, People when asking her this most likely doesn't know that they can/can't plan a show. So I wouldn't judge it on that, the company is struggling financially, and the people I spoke to who actually work for the show and etc say the possibility is very slim. remember Adrana is under contact to not really speak about details, Doutzen and Ale even said they can't give any more details.

Things don't add up, there has been no info given out, when I emailed FullPic they didn't have any details and they represent VS and usually release the info in early May...and they don't have anything. The location hasn't been picked out, two of their biggest stars are out, economy sucks, and if they don't have a locaton...they are very very far behind. I would bet every cent I have that their will not be a show, things just don't add up for their being one.

Let's not even go into that Adriana probably will deliver late October...GF is no way only 4 months pregnant...considering her husband has been standing by the 4 month mark for 2 months now. She's way to big for 4 months...but either way I'm sure she'll host...but yes I doubt she'll walk (If there is a show)

THERE IS GOING TO BE A SHOW!!! It was just posted by the official moderator at Ale Ambrosio's official forum. With so many angels out, this will be interesting . . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->