Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2018

You are right. They have been pushing the lingerie/night wear to wear outside quite a lot with corsets and satin dresses but now it looks like they want to make full looks like this one of Martha:

Dean God! They need to stop and go back to their roots!

Well I was really excited for VSx MK, we have the beautiful prints but the designs aren’t lingerie, but something i would wear on daily basis. Dissapointed already.
Or maybe VS wants to become clothing retailer aswell?
VS used to have a large clothing range- dresses, pants, sweaters, etc. but it was discontinued.

I believe they’re starting to bring it back- there’s an apparel section on their website now. It’s mostly t-shirts and stuff from their sport line but there are some sweaters, jackets, and leather leggings etc that are definitely meant to be street clothes.

A lot of the Mary K collab is sportswear- there was a dinner event tonight to celebrate the collection and the pieces were on display. Expect a lot of covered up girls.

Judging by the shoes some girls were wearing in the rehearsal pictures from today, Gigi will be walking the Mary K collab. Kendall and Candice are in the Celestial Angels segment that Elsa and Romee’s outfits are also in.

Edit: Here are the images.
View attachment 1087165 View attachment 1087163
View attachment 1087161

Last edited:
Info according to updatesvsfs Instagram Adriana is closing the show

466BE03A-6338-4EF3-B970-770BD8E19599.png

The Mary Katrantzou collection looks quite nice, I like the prints overall.
Will it be sold in stores?

More from the Rehearsals yesterday :

Iesha Hodges

Cheyenne Maya Carty

Isilda Moreira

Cindy Bruna

Taylor Hill

Herieth Paul & Frida Aasen

Bella Hadid

Duckie Thot

Devon Windsor

Barbara Fialho

Toni Garrn

Nadine Leopold

Myrthe Bolt

gettyimages

First backstage pic with Megan Williams

gettyimages

More than 6 segments this year. The models are backstage. The Tilbury team did an incredible job on makeup.

GLAM ROYAL
First segment of the show
In segment: Kendall Jenner, Sara Sampaio, Gigi Hadid, Aiden Curtiss, Josephine Skriver, Yasmin Wijnaldum, Liu Wen, Alexina Graham, Lais Ribeiro, Lameka Fox
Opening the segment: Taylor Hill
Closing the segment: Behati Prinsloo
Performing: Leela James

GOLDEN ANGELS
In segment: Herieth Paul, Ming Xi, Lorena Rae, Romee Strijd, Stella Maxwell, Jourdana Phillips, Barbara Palvin, Shanina Shaik, Jasmine Tookes, Grace Elizabeth, Barbara Fialho
Opening the segment: Candice Swanepoel
Closing the segment: Romee Strijd
Performing: Kelsea Ballerini & The Chainsmokers

FLIGHTS OF FANTASY
In segment: Frida Aasen, Kelly Gale, Winnie Harlow, Toni Garrn, Cindy Bruna, Devon Windsor, Bella Hadid, Gizele Oliveira, Alanna Arrington, Martha Hunt, Megan Williams
Opening the segment: Adriana Lima
Closing the segment: Elsa Hosk
Performing: Halsey

PINK
In segment: Willow Hand, Maggie Laine, Zuri Tibby, Grace Elizabeth, Kelsey Merritt, Josie Canseco, Isilda Moreira, Iesha Hodges, Alannah Walton, Maia Cotton, Myrthe Bolt, Melie Tiacoh, Estelle Chen
Opening the segment: Grace Elizabeth
Closing the segment: Maggie Laine
Performing: Bebe Rexha

VS X MARY KATRANTZOU
In segment: Gigi Hadid, Leomie Anderson, Nadine Leopold, Sofie Rovenstine, Alexina Graham, Winnie Harlow, Yasmin Wijnaldum, Sui He, Mayowa Nicholas, Devon Windsor, Duckie Thot, Liu Wen, Aiden Curtiss
Opening the segment: Jasmine Tookes
Closing the segment: Josephine Skriver
Performing: Shawn Mendes

DOWNTOWN ANGELS
In segment: Ming Xi, Bella Hadid, Behati Prinsloo, Barbara Palvin, Sadie Newman, Lameka Fox, Georgia Fowler, Martha Hunt, Cheyenne Carty, Subah Koj, Kelly Gale
Opening the segment: Stella Maxwell
Closing the segment: Martha Hunt
Performing: Rita Ora

CELESTIAL ANGELS
Last segment of the show
In segment: Martha Hunt, Candice Swanepoel, Kendall Jenner, Taylor Hill, Barbara Fialho, Jourdana Phillips, Sui He, Sara Sampaio, Cindy Bruna, Grace Bol, Elsa Hosk
Opening the segment: Lais Ribeiro
Closing the segment: Adriana Lima
Performing: The Struts

Last edited:
Some of his points are valid, but in most of it he sounds like a whimpering defensive baby who's lost the plot. I will say his record in terms of making the models comfortable does speak for itself and is certainly commendable. They all love him and there's never been any stories come out about situations on the VS set. So good for that. But his comments on trans women definitely rub me the wrong way because they're so narrow minded. I guess this bombshell wouldn't be capable of fulfilling the VS "fantasy".

ines-rau.jpg

*dailymail

Meh... kind of iffy about that interview... a bit "holier than thou" attitude... like having pregnant models... yes they were but pretty early on.

Also this statement rubs me the wrong way... "2018 runways look a lot different than they did a decade or two ago. They are less white, less young, and not as overwhelmingly thin"

Sure less white and they made a point to do so but the models definitely look younger and thinner now, even though they may be older in age, their appearance still many baby features.

Take Romee who I always think looks like a baby Karolina Kurkova, then someone pointed out Karolina at 22 and Romee at 22.

dznvo2-l-610x610-underwear-bra-panties-lingerie-sandals-runway-model-romee+strijd-victoria+s+secret-victoria+s+secret+model.jpg
Karolina+Kurkova+Victoria+Secret+Fashion+Show+2DbntRdU3qIl.jpg

(wheretoget/zimbio)

Random note, that Romee outfit is one of the best they have done recently, particularly since it could fit in a 2005-2008 segment. Simple and effective.

I saw a video of Adriana on Instagram she looks stunning for her last time doing the show. Every year you hear it could be her last.Well this year seems to be it. She really looked good,i don't know what segment it was.

From what I've seen thus far the clothing choices were ultimately kinda disappointing, it all just seems really plain. Especially with Barbara Palvin. I think they had a missed opportunity to put a little bit of spotlight on her especially when you barely ever see any kind of curvy models chosen by VS.

EDIT: Instyle has confirmed this will Adriana's last show.

I've seen some of the videos and the music seems very dull, they forget this is still a runway, Sean Mendes music is just so boring, same as Rita Ora. :blink:

I saw Yasmin's MK look and they did her soooooo dirty. I think they did Mayowa dirty as well..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dima77
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->