Vintage Scan Wish Lists

does anyone have scans of Elle Machperson on the cover of Flare circa 1995?

Vogue Italia December 1999,Photo:Steve Hiett-''Spotlight on Glamour''
I see this in archivio.vogue.it,maybe someone post this photos or big scans here?

Last edited by a moderator:
Elle Germany 1998,Photo:Michael Woolley-'Paris' with model Colette Pechekhonova.
Someone have scans or photos?

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone re-post this? Pure heaven :wub:

Marie Claire France July 1989 : Kirsten Owen by Sacha

La Campagne en Noir et Blanc
Ph: Sacha
Model: Kirsten Owen
Stylist: No credit
Hair: Frederic
Makeup: Nelson Sepulveda

ad030817 scans

I've been looking for this one (maybe 2?) editorial(s) with Susan Holmes and the forum has them, but unfortunately, the 2nd editorial (Hotel California) was too old and the scans wouldn't show up. The one of Susan bent over the car is Hotel California. They're both Susan Holmes and as far as I know, both these editorials are from the Elle Italia May 1995 issue. I'll attach some pictures of editorial(s). Hope you can help :smile:

Attachments

• 7cccec86591cbc68c45859ee37b59d4e--parents-italy.jpg
    7cccec86591cbc68c45859ee37b59d4e--parents-italy.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 15
  • a3472c0877d94f2da8b8e2f47961f4ca.jpg
    a3472c0877d94f2da8b8e2f47961f4ca.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 15
Has anyone seen HQs or a bigger version of this Lauren Hutton image shot by Neal Preston c 1983?
xCqNp1M.png

the-reed.com

Vogue UK 97 OR 98, photo by Juergen Teller...model is Tasha. The set was in a park.

:angel::flower:

OK - I just joined and with my first post/request I'm going to really test you guys...

I had about 40 to 50 photos that I collected from the early '80s to about 2003 before I got rid of them. About a month ago I decided to reconstitute this collection on my computer (as well as add new photos) and also share it with others (the subject is women wearing bold bracelets, which is a pretty rare topic). I've recovered maybe 60% of what I had - of the ones I don't have there is one particular photo that was one of my favorites that I am asking about here. The problem is the best I can do is give a description of the photo and hope someone remembers it, so it's a tall order.

This was one of the latter photos that I added to my collection - my feeling is it was somewhere between 1995-2000 but I'm not 100% sure of anything! Same with the magazine - I'm pretty sure it came from Elle (U.S.) but there is a small chance it came from Mademoiselle.

As best I can remember, the model had less than shoulder-length dirty to light blond hair. I believe she was sitting on a beach or sand dune, with her feet a little lower than the rest of her body and her arms maybe resting in her lap or between her legs. She was wearing I guess what would be called a white peasant blouse/dress (I think it laced-up in the upper part).

But, the most noticeable part - she is wearing maybe 20 white and silver bangles on each arm. Maybe that will ring a bell with someone.

I went through all of the vintage Elle threads yesterday - it's possible someone may have posted it in the past but a lot of these photos can no longer be seen so I have no way to know.

My back-up plan is to fly from Tucson to Los Angeles and go to the public library and hope I can find it in one day. At least that is relatively close to me - Los Angeles only has Elle from mid-1992 but they are the only library that has it all from the ones I checked!

Wish I could help. Which library? I want to fly down just to view their archive!

Can someone post the Kate Spade feature from US VOGUE c 1995?
Or the Sigerson Morrsion feature from around the same time?

Wish I could help. Which library? I want to fly down just to view their archive!

Can someone post the Kate Spade feature from US VOGUE c 1995?
Or the Sigerson Morrsion feature from around the same time?

It's the main branch of the Los Angeles Public Library - I've already called ahead and warned them I might be coming. :smile:

They may be missing an isolated issue here or there but they have Vogue Paris, Vogue Italia, Mademoiselle and Harper's Bazaar (U.S.) going all the way back. Elle (U.S.) only from 1992, Vogue (U.S.) only from 1986 (but missing 1993-2001). They don't have Vogue UK. Anything else you would have to go on their website to check.

About a month ago, I discovered the online Vogue (U.S.) Archive and Vogue Italia Archive and that's what got me started on re-acquiring if not all of my former collection, at least every single one that I remember/liked the most. I found a lot of them just searching Google images and Pinterest.

An out-of-state resident can get an LA Public Library card (lasts for one year) for $50 (but that has to be done in-person). With that, you can get access to the Vogue Archive from home (or so they tell me). In which case, you could review at your leisure every single issue from 1892 forward. Alternatively, there are search terms you can put in if you are looking for a certain designer, model, article of clothing, etc. From that you get a listing of results that you have to click on individually to see the fashion editorial or whatever. For my purposes, it didn't work that well (I checked it out at the Phoenix Art Museum library and the University of Arizona library here in Tucson).

Otherwise, the Vogue Archive costs $1750 per year! There are also Harper's Bazaar, Vogue Italia and Women's Wear Daily archives that work similar to the Vogue one. There is also a free Vogue Italia version that you can find online that will return photos instead of text in the results (but there is no way to save the images to your computer unless you pay for a membership).

Bottom-line, you should check big-city or university libraries nearest you and see what they have.

In my case, I can probably go through two years worth of Elle per hour (the library is open for seven hours) so I should be able to find the photo I'm looking for within one day. But holding out some hope that someone on tFS will be familiar with it and save me the trip.

Again, sorry I can't be of any help but I really appreciate your insight and dedication to the cause!

I'm going to London in a couple of weeks but I'm super excited by the possibility of making a pilgrimage to the LAPL early next year for vintage fashion mag paradise.

Best of luck in your search!

I've been looking for this one (maybe 2?) editorial(s) with Susan Holmes and the forum has them, but unfortunately, the 2nd editorial (Hotel California) was too old and the scans wouldn't show up. The one of Susan bent over the car is Hotel California. They're both Susan Holmes and as far as I know, both these editorials are from the Elle Italia May 1995 issue. I'll attach some pictures of editorial(s). Hope you can help :smile:

look here :

ELLE magazine models

the 2001 march cover of Vogue Italia in HQ, please

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->