Vogue Arabia July/August 2018 : Paloma Elsesser & Ashley Graham by Miguel Reveriego

amby

Reaction score
Source @voguearabia

36302501_10155793407218031_4549157225947463680_o.jpg

What could've beena stunning cover was ruined by the jacket Ashley is wearing, probably to kowtow to custom, and the unnecessary model in front. There's just too much going on, AND in sequins.

Another cover with Ashley Graham:

Last edited:
Paloma's solo cover.

Source @voguearabia Instagram.

36311756_10155793888598031_7996143513513230336_n.jpg

Jesus. I thought Ashley was bad, but the Paloma girl is the absolute worst. Why would spend money to look at images that features people less appealing than the ones that cross my path everytime i step outside?!

Jesus. I thought Ashley was bad, but the Paloma girl is the absolute worst. Why would spend money to look at images that features people less appealing than the ones that cross my path everytime i step outside?!

I thought the main cover was bad until I saw her OG one. :shock:

Don't love the styling but love their solo covers. Are we looking at the same images? Paloma's cover is sensational!

Frankly, I'm quite impressed, I must say!

There's something weird about Ashley's boobs in the cover...
They looks very uncomfortable.

They're beautiful. The styling is questionable—not my personal cup of tea—but at least the magazine is attempting to show bodies on that main cover image instead of hiding them. People are going to have a problem with this for the same predictable reason that they always have a problem with covers like this, but I think the images fit with Vogue Arabia's aesthetic and both girls are beautiful.

Frankly I like this. Kudos to Vogue Arabia. I'm not familiar with the magazine but I appreciate the effort. It would have also worked with Philomena Kwao and Precious Lee (two of my favorite Black models).

I actually like all the covers, the silver against the blue is quite nice.

God these covers are awful. The styling on the first screams tackiness (and awkwardness), and the solo shots are too close.

Must admit that I'm surprised at the outcome of this. Miguel Reveriego's produced some terrific work over the years, especially for the likes of Vogue Spain but the first cover is an eyesore and both Ashley and Paloma seem as though they were captured mid-pose/expression in their respective solo covers. A total missed opportunity!

They are beautiful but totally tacky covers and missed opportunity to do something great!

There's something slightly off in the solo covers. Is it the cropping...? Paloma's kind of face is refreshing to see on a cover and yet I'm not as enthused as I want to be. At any rate, I'm glad they're not covered in coats. Looking forward to the editorial.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->