Reaction score
da1c5ad633af35bd6acd0c30c75312e9

Photo courtesy of Vogue Australia's website​

Cover Story:
10052d0cc1e4a23d05203a17c7447c29

8f547f918ae1b64137a9b383cfbfea85

Photographed by Emma Summerton, styled by Christine Centenera

Images from vogue.com.au​

All her Vogue cover are nonevent, what a waste of her beauty, but of course she needs to end this era and get rid of that lesbian hairdo asap.

LOL

I wish Vogue Australia would stop using Emma Summerton. How different does this edit look to her one with Amanda Seyfried or Selena Gomez. All her recent work for this magazine is just so mediocre. The shot with the dark wig looks ok. Classic Katy Perry.

They played her sooo dirty with that pose/cropping, that shot of her in that blonde wig is not bad at all and I'd have prefered to see soemthing like that for the cover. Here's me hoping she's letting her hair grow.

I sort of like her look in the last shot, but that ugly lamp is so distracting.

Better than all her other Vogue covers combined.

It's not that bad as a cover, but Katy feels so passée. At least here in Italy, she doesn't have a strong fanbase and nobody is interested in her anymore, I don't know how the situation is in Australia though. Is it only me or it's hard to find a female pop star that is constantly relevant? Except for Rihanna who has reached the status of fashion icon, Beyoncé as she is the best entertainer alive (as Coachella showed and her On the Run tour as well, they grossed already so much), Madonna simply because she is Madonna and then I really cannot come up with other names. Maybe Selena because of her huge following (certainly not because of her vocals :lol:) and Cardi B but she is only the phenomenon of the moment. Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Nicki Minaj, Miley Cyrus, even Taylor Swift.. they just don't seem as powerful as they used to be in the past (and not only music-wise).
Sorry for the off-topic rant :doh:

she's bringing her latest tour here soon and has quite a few dates set which means there's still some interest, although she's not particularly relevant. The much more popular P!nk is also touring here at the moment and she's on the cover of Aussie Cosmo..

I just feel like nobody really gives a s*** about any of the cover subjects Vogue Australia uses most of the time anyway, it's not like they're ever especially popular here, they just want a big-ish name to prove they're in the big leagues with the other Vogues.

Minus the extreme photoshop it would have made a nice 80s inspired cover. I love the shot with the blonde wig

Tragic. Vogue Australia is dying.

Edwina McCann's editor's letter: August 2018

Edwina McCann introduces the August issue of Vogue Australia.

Katy Perry fronts our cover as she tours Australia this month, and just as with her on-stage transformations, she takes on many guises in these pages – with the help of some fabulous wigs. When I saw her perform a few years ago, I watched from the audience in wonder of her speedy and elaborate costume changes. Her friend, Vogue’s Derek Blasberg, takes us backstage to find out just how on earth she does it. You know you are in the inner circle when a celebrity as famous as Katy is okay with you standing there while she is stripped semi-naked. Derek and Katy have also created a fantastic, not-to-be-missed video together for Vogue.com.au.

While our fashion director Christine Centenera and Australian expat and Vogue cover photographer Emma Summerton were shooting Katy in the US on one of her rare days off, closer to home we were obsessing over another incredible voice and stage performer, Kelly Rowland.

I was introduced to Kelly via email by a mutual friend who lives in New York, and we met up at a Bondi cafe. I confess I was already on ‘team Kelly’, but after spending an afternoon chatting about fashion, music, her upbringing, motherhood and the challenges of achieving balance in all aspects of our lives, I felt I had found a friend. Kelly then went on to completely win over the whole Vogue team, leaving us all smitten and thrilled when she suddenly popped up at Coachella with Destiny’s Child midway through her latest filming schedule for The Voice. (Well, she had mentioned she had to pop back to the States to do something – an understatement to say the least!) I love the pictures of her from page 136, styled beautifully by fashion editor Petta Chua, and Kelly says they are some of her most favourite ever, too.

And while we are on the subject of superb styling, I hope you enjoy the luscious images created through the clever combination of Parisians and fellow Australian expats Tina Arena and Catherine Baba. We have celebrated both talents in the pages of Vogue before, but as this shoot from page 150 proves, the combination of Catherine’s styling vision and Tina’s beauty as she prepares to play the lead role in Evita is simply magic.

We continue our musical theme by introducing you to some up-and-coming female talents making their mark (page 80) and talk to the artists being tapped by beauty brands to collaborate (page 98). And make sure you read Alice Birrell’s feature on the ‘merch’ trend and its direct-to-consumer distribution model, which is transforming fashion (page 146).

As we enter into a new season, I hope you find lots of new fashion and much, much more in these pages to love.

Source: Vogue.com.au

I just feel like nobody really gives a s*** about any of the cover subjects Vogue Australia uses most of the time anyway, it's not like they're ever especially popular here, they just want a big-ish name to prove they're in the big leagues with the other Vogues.

Your comment reflects my some of sentiments about Vogue Australia as a whole too. I feel like the magazine has been desperately scrabbling for whatever it can put on and into the magazine to try and make it 'fetch' (as Gretchen Wieners would say) for a long time now and it's disappointing. There's been instances where I thought the magazine put out a great issue; the most immediate issue that comes to mind is the one that Emma Watson guest edited. But more often than not, I'm wondering what the VA team is doing.

Katy Perry has become someone quite bizarre and problematic from my perspective for a while now. Dredging up old feuds, creating music that doesn't quite resonate with anyone, cultural appropriation, and her attempts to be funny or light-hearted at the expense of others is not something one feature article and accompanying shots of her in high fashion can change.

For the large part, I think Vogue Australia is out of touch with the Australian audience, and are more interested in trying to emulate other Vogues as opposed to make VA truly unique. For example, I would've loved to see P!nk on the cover of Vogue Australia! She's so incredibly popular here, and it would've been such a good chance to have her fans see her differently in a fashion magazine, or for P!nk herself to try new things. I also P!nk is honest, rightfully and strongly outspoken about issues that matter, and most of the time I think she uses her platform as a celebrity to share her ideas with fans. Sure, she's a little rough around the edges and probably not the 'typical' subject for Vogue, but I think it's exactly because she's not that the possibilities are endless with how fun, fresh and interesting she could've made a feature on her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->