Vogue Australia August 2018 : Katy Perry by Emma Summerton

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by crmsnsnwflks, Jul 17, 2018.

View Users: View Users
  1. crmsnsnwflks

crmsnsnwflks Member

[​IMG]
    Photo courtesy of Vogue Australia's website​

2. crmsnsnwflks

crmsnsnwflks Member

Cover Story:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Photographed by Emma Summerton, styled by Christine Centenera

Images from vogue.com.au​

3. tigerrouge

tigerrouge don't look down

I'm all for artificial wigs, when the real hair is that bad.

JesseDillon likes this.
  4. dodencebt

dodencebt Well-Known Member

Katy Perry lol

Koibito likes this.
  5. zzzyao76

zzzyao76 Well-Known Member

6. MDNA

MDNA Well-Known Member

All her Vogue cover are nonevent, what a waste of her beauty, but of course she needs to end this era and get rid of that lesbian hairdo asap.

7. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

LOL

I wish Vogue Australia would stop using Emma Summerton. How different does this edit look to her one with Amanda Seyfried or Selena Gomez. All her recent work for this magazine is just so mediocre. The shot with the dark wig looks ok. Classic Katy Perry.

8. YohjiAddict

YohjiAddict Active Member

They played her sooo dirty with that pose/cropping, that shot of her in that blonde wig is not bad at all and I'd have prefered to see soemthing like that for the cover. Here's me hoping she's letting her hair grow.

9. mepps

mepps Active Member

I sort of like her look in the last shot, but that ugly lamp is so distracting.

10. Scotty

Scotty Well-Known Member

Better than all her other Vogue covers combined.

11. ghostwriter10549

Agreed.
    Its not bad, but still Katy Perry.........

12. versustito

versustito Well-Known Member

Very Vogue ,, I like the cover :)

13. russianelf

russianelf Active Member

Agreed, they should've used a wigged image for the cover lol.

14. apple

apple Well-Known Member

It's not that bad as a cover, but Katy feels so passée. At least here in Italy, she doesn't have a strong fanbase and nobody is interested in her anymore, I don't know how the situation is in Australia though. Is it only me or it's hard to find a female pop star that is constantly relevant? Except for Rihanna who has reached the status of fashion icon, Beyoncé as she is the best entertainer alive (as Coachella showed and her On the Run tour as well, they grossed already so much), Madonna simply because she is Madonna and then I really cannot come up with other names. Maybe Selena because of her huge following (certainly not because of her vocals :lol:) and Cardi B but she is only the phenomenon of the moment. Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Nicki Minaj, Miley Cyrus, even Taylor Swift.. they just don't seem as powerful as they used to be in the past (and not only music-wise).
    Sorry for the off-topic rant :doh:

mikel likes this.
  15. magsaddict

magsaddict Member

she's bringing her latest tour here soon and has quite a few dates set which means there's still some interest, although she's not particularly relevant. The much more popular P!nk is also touring here at the moment and she's on the cover of Aussie Cosmo..

I just feel like nobody really gives a s*** about any of the cover subjects Vogue Australia uses most of the time anyway, it's not like they're ever especially popular here, they just want a big-ish name to prove they're in the big leagues with the other Vogues.

sweetpop likes this.
  16. Urban Stylin

Urban Stylin ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

Minus the extreme photoshop it would have made a nice 80s inspired cover. I love the shot with the blonde wig

17. A.D.C.

A.D.C. Active Member

That’s her real hear hair. She doesn’t wear wigs.

18. MON

MON Well-Known Member

Tragic. Vogue Australia is dying.

19. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Source: Vogue.com.au

20. sweetpop

sweetpop Member

Your comment reflects my some of sentiments about Vogue Australia as a whole too. I feel like the magazine has been desperately scrabbling for whatever it can put on and into the magazine to try and make it 'fetch' (as Gretchen Wieners would say) for a long time now and it's disappointing. There's been instances where I thought the magazine put out a great issue; the most immediate issue that comes to mind is the one that Emma Watson guest edited. But more often than not, I'm wondering what the VA team is doing.

Katy Perry has become someone quite bizarre and problematic from my perspective for a while now. Dredging up old feuds, creating music that doesn't quite resonate with anyone, cultural appropriation, and her attempts to be funny or light-hearted at the expense of others is not something one feature article and accompanying shots of her in high fashion can change.

For the large part, I think Vogue Australia is out of touch with the Australian audience, and are more interested in trying to emulate other Vogues as opposed to make VA truly unique. For example, I would've loved to see P!nk on the cover of Vogue Australia! She's so incredibly popular here, and it would've been such a good chance to have her fans see her differently in a fashion magazine, or for P!nk herself to try new things. I also P!nk is honest, rightfully and strongly outspoken about issues that matter, and most of the time I think she uses her platform as a celebrity to share her ideas with fans. Sure, she's a little rough around the edges and probably not the 'typical' subject for Vogue, but I think it's exactly because she's not that the possibilities are endless with how fun, fresh and interesting she could've made a feature on her.