Vogue Australia March 2024 : Naomi Campbell by Casper Kofi

I just don’t get who VA is trying to appeal to ?
Nobody or a very small percentage of Australians dress like this or even know of Issey Miyake. There would probably only be one boutique that would sell this brand. Also Naomi looks completely overwhelmed by this jacket - not even a supermodel can carry this jacket ! A complete pointless & uninspiring cover. Yawn. :mellow:

I say with deep reverence and sincerity, Naomi should retire.
Her covers are less and less meaningful, since she's done everything. It's truly time to sit back and let new girls take the baton. Between this and the recent Vogue Greece cover- it's not connecting for me. We've seen her in so many ways, for so many years. A great career, time to move on to the next chapter.

I just don’t get who VA is trying to appeal to ?
Nobody or a very small percentage of Australians dress like this or even know of Issey Miyake. There would probably only be one boutique that would sell this brand. Also Naomi looks completely overwhelmed by this jacket - not even a supermodel can carry this jacket ! A complete pointless & uninspiring cover. Yawn. :mellow:
Happens in Brazil as well. They book everything in NY/L.A. for example and dont give a sh*t about local brands. We dont have rick owens or Miyake ANYWHERE its just for the image.

How the hell Max Papaendick has a career is baffling. Dude wears a new era backwards cap and has no taste. Formerly a male model. Shows in the images.
Because Stephen Gan thought he was hot and wanted to f*ck him so he let him shoot V Magazine edits and, well, here we are...

It’s maybe time for Naomi to have a little hiatus…
The problem was that before, nobody wanted to work with her so she went away, concentrated on her personal relationships.

And now, since her rebranding years ago as Mother Model/Activist of diversity and some people sick passeist obsession with 90’s models,we can’t escape her!

At this point, she needs to find love again.
I’m sure she will find a way to be a visible presence at the Olympics somehow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magfag
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->