Vogue Brazil July 2009 : Caroline Trentini by Terry Richardson

Corra da Real
M: Ana Beatriz Barros
Ph: Rodrigo Marques

th_22634_vogue-brasil_julho_ana-beatriz-barros_2_122_202lo.jpg

Scan by me
www.welovemodels.com

Last edited by a moderator:
^Can you tell me what the supplement is actually about?

Thanks for all the scans btw.

The cover is good, but the editorial looks better, Trentini looking seductive as usual (well not when she's jumping :lol:)

i really like the editorial (the best Brazilian, Miss Beatriz Barros ^_^ ) like i've said already, but this really doesn't look like something from Vogue Brazil...and i don't know whether or not to think of this as a good thing or bad thing.

i agree with Mchunu, neither the cover nor ana's ed look like something from vogue brazil. since i strongly dislike vogue brazil's aesthetic, that wouldn't be a bad thing, but in this case it isn't good either. the moment i looked at the cover i hadn't read the thread title entirely, and i thought "this looks a lot like terry's work", which could be a good thing if the model wasn't caroline (i'm sorry, i simply can't get her appeal). and about ana's ed, i think the trashy-(trying to be)chic styling (including hair and makeup), the cigarette (and not only the cigarette, but also the lara stoneque pose) and the humour make it look like a poor man's vogue paris ed. i'm still curious to see the rest of the contents though, see if it's some kind of "new aesthetic" or whatever. so far so lame. i doubt there will be a vogue brazil cover this year that will beat isabeli's june one by the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Caroline looks great! She's really very beautiful, and I think she wears the look very well.

I think it's only for subscribers... but I guess it's a supplement with the best creations of the most relevant Brazilian designers.

The cover says "Stylists". Is it a supplement about designers or about stylists? Actually, imo that would be better: to showcase the work of stylists...

ABEST is the Brazilian Association of Fashion Designers, so it's a supplement about designers. :flower:

There's also another supplement, Brazilian Footwear, I'll scan the cover later.

I like the cover...

I think it's only for subscribers... but I guess it's a supplement with the best creations of the most relevant Brazilian designers.

ABEST is the Brazilian Association of Fashion Designers, so it's a supplement about designers. :flower:

There's also another supplement, Brazilian Footwear, I'll scan the cover later.

Thjank you both for explaining what it is. Are all the models on the cover featured inside?

CAROLINE!! The cover is so simple though. It's so plain.

i don't think Richardson fits Vogue Brazil's aesthetic. this is just not a VB cover, more like Russian Vogue.
I see your point, but on the other hand I find it intetresting that Vogue Brasil is beginning to experiment with high profile international photographers like Richardson and Klein. I can't wait to see what's in store the rest for the rest of the year.

^ Who's next MEISEL?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sliver54
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->