Vogue China January 2021 : Xiao Wen Ju by Leslie Zhang

I wonder if this is Angelica's last issue?

Oh, so stunning! The styling is risky but it was thankfully saved by a stellar photographer. The cropping and framing of this is perfection. Never really cared for Xiao Wen Ju, but I can't imagine anyone else in this image. Her features help shape the image.

Angelica is really leaving Vogue China in a ridiculously strong position creatively and otherwise when so many of the recent EIC departures were either because the magazine shut down, or needed reviving. Just last month they had a cover shot by McDean (a rarity!), a filler editorial with one of the most in-demand models in fashion right now, they've shown a willingness to approach the hot topic of diversity, all while still giving native talent a platform.

VC is pretty much #4 of the big four if you ask me, replacing VI of course, which is hanging on a very fine thread and is only relevant because of Franca/Meisel.

This is Angelica’s last issue

Leslie Zhang is so good, she should be published in the big four...China truly nourishes great talent. US Vogue should take a few lessons.

Xiao Wen Ju is a favorite of mine and I'm happy to see so much editorial work from her as of late. I can hardly believe someone so beautiful exists...it's great knowing editors value her.

Omg this is incredible! I absolutely adore the work of Leslie and with Xiao you know it’s just going to be good.

I’m glad that Angelica went out with this stellar issue. I’ll definitely have to get my hands on this.

Digital Covers

001VvpGXly1glalfnz2cig60a80dnqvm02.gif

001VvpGXly1glajd0yki0g609d0ciqv902.gif
001VvpGXly1glajdax5xug609d0ci4qv02.gif

001VvpGXly1glalh0lxt3g60i00o01lf02.gif

weibo.com/voguechina

Bloody hell, the editorial is spectacular!! :heart::heart:
Probably more so because Beethoven's 7th Symphony (Allegro) is blaring in the background. I cannot find a single fault.

Can someone please post textless, HQ versions when they get a chance?

This cover and this editorial are done so well it puts a smile on my face.
Interesting thought the same/similar approach has been done by some smaller editions of EU Vogue but the result is quite different

This cover and this editorial are done so well it puts a smile on my face.
Interesting thought the same/similar approach has been done by some smaller editions of EU Vogue but the result is quite different

Right? The landscape images remind me of similar works from Hawesworth, and a Swiss photographer whose name escapes me, I think he won a competition and ended up getting a Document Journal cover.

Stunning editorial but the model almost looks too young that it overwhelms her to some small extent.

Angelica ended with a bang. Gorgeous beyond words. The outdoor shots took my breath away. It has this cult-y vibes that I'm very much digging atm

Perfection. Some people still have the desire to produce beautiful fashion editorials.

They really don't need Daniela Paudice. Their local talents are more than enough. It should be this way for every Vogue imo to take time to nurture local talents and to give them their chances.

Wow, truly a stellar closure for Angelica. I do fear for the future of this magazine without her tho, I hope it won't be just another shitfest like the rest of them...

Wow, that editorial is something else!! So many stunning shots in there. :wub:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->