Vogue Czechoslovakia July/August 2021 by Cameron Postforoosh & Branislav Simoncik

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
Cover #1 with Paris Hilton by Cameron Postforoosh:

Cover #2 with Klara Kristin by Branislav Simoncik:

Cover #3 with Ondra Vacek by Branislav Simoncik:

Will the mast head be shiny in the last one?

Love the second cover. Couldn't they just leave it at that?

The second is the "best"...i wonder if they meant for this picture to be a cover or just picked after. Because the eye naturally goes to the right, to the statue...Also because of the proportions...

The third, im sure the masthead will have some texture, if not it's very lame to leave it like this...

They did Paris dirty here.

I don't like these covers. There's a difference between giving a great/edgy cover, and just outright weird. These are weird.

The last masthead out to be foiled. Otherwise what on earth?

I love how unusual all 3 are. Paris cover looks like some 1970s newspaper shot of a glamorous criminal. Something cinematic about it.

DIdn’t realize it was Paris until aracic commented. So unflattering for her usual ditzy Barbie branding, but so flattering as an evocative image of someone who’s finally unafraid to be portrayed so unexpectedly as a character— even creepily unsettling: Very Cindy Sherman x Franca’s Vogue. … One of the most impactful imagery for a Vogue cover in such a long long long time. If Vogue is dead, such a covershot as this shows that some Vogues are refusing to toe Anna’s mundane lines and resisting CN’s homogeny. This gives me a glimmer of hope.

^^^ The style suits her— very Madonna “What It Feels Like For A Girl” mature.

Hopefully that’s not all there is to the shoot though: Paris flipping her hair is played out even for her since she never quite had the charisma of Nicole nor the allure of Kim K. The covershot alludes to so much more— very darkly 70s-cinematic, as you’ve said. The days of photographers making the effort to tell a story and set a rich and referential narrative seems so far lost on this generation of lesser photographers (… and no— copying Meisel’s VI wholesale even when you’re technically-competent doesn’t count, Hugo Comte…).

the last cover with red background and red title is a disaster

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cstmbres
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->