Vogue Germany April 2024 : Adut Akech by Campbell Addy

Seems like a reprint of the Campbell Addy story that's been doing the rounds for the last month or so. I like that editorial, but if that's the case, are we now at the stage where Euro Vogues aren't even doing a unique cover story anymore?

Even if the hype around her has a bit cooled off, it’s always a nice surprise to see Adut on a cover…

Wow her facial expression is perfection in this photo! I love seeing her!
The styling on the other hand…

Seems like a reprint of the Campbell Addy story that's been doing the rounds for the last month or so. I like that editorial, but if that's the case, are we now at the stage where Euro Vogues aren't even doing a unique cover story anymore?
Sadly this is indeed the case. Most Conde Nast stories (Especially solo ones) are now being shot as "global" ones meant for multiple syndications. We saw hints of this when they produced the group stories that received some reprints, but now it's at least every other one...

Also, she dis
Even if the hype around her has a bit cooled off, it’s always a nice surprise to see Adut on a cover…

Also, she distanced herself a little bit because she was having mental health problems, if I'm not mistaken. She posted something about it a while back

Awful styling of Max Ortega as usual....

I like and dislike it simultaneously. Maybe its the orange masthead.

Poor Adut! She's such a strong model. The art direction is killing this mag.

Digital copy showing 204 pages.

There's a story near the start, "Frischer Wind", shot by Luca Campri, which might be original content. There's a shoot with actress Lou Lampros which is a reprint of Miss Vogue from Vogue France.

The main editorial section has a lot of older reprints - the cover shoot with Adut is a few months old from UK Vogue, then a reprint of Liu Wen's story with the geometric lines, the Lila Moss story is the Sabato de Sarno reprint, then it's the current Bella reprint, followed by an older Devyn Garcia in Miami reprint, then it's the current reprint with Ayo Edebiri.

It's all reprints - but it's like TWO issues worth of reprints in the one magazine.

Reprints from months and months ago sounds ilegal, hahaha.

Love her face but I don't get the styling, it's sad coz this photo had LOTS of potential but the end result is weird.

There's no denying the fact this is a gorgeous cover, so very beautiful in its simplicity. The photography, lighting and colouring from Campbell Addy are all great. Not to mention how flawless, clam and serene Adut Akech looks. I also happen to like what Akech is wearing here too.

Yet I just can NOT get behind this whole shared content drivel... which completely takes away the excitement I have for this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->