Vogue Germany August 2007 : Claudia S., Nadja A. & Julia S. by Alexi Lubomirski

you're all welcome:flower:

Leucht-Spuren by Mark Pillai
Fashion Editor: Lynn Schmidt
Make-Up: Alexandra Pintoux
Hair: Mark Bailey

scanned by me

It sucks so much... I was trying to get the mag at the supermarket, but for some reason it's not there yet :judge:

^ that obsession for supermodels is not healthy :doh: I mean, whatever tickles your pickles, but everytime i read a post of yours it says how the supermodels were so much better and how the newer models suck... I don't think Julia is a nobody, she's one of the most successful models of the past few years... and as much as i like claudia and nadja, Julia looks the best on that cover, the other two look "old" next to her
flowers.gif
on the contrary, I think this is good... and what you said at the end is on the oppposite of what i see there...

tons of women around the world (and i'm talking about women! not girls or teens) complain of young 16-22yrs old models who just squat the covers of fashion mags,the ad campain (for fashion, beauty etc.) and this come-back of old models (that is revelant since 2001... so 6yrs ago! with some "ups" and some "downs"...) is for them...
and for the people complaining too about the models-fashion industry that use girls as kleenex... just to proove them the models of the 80s-90s (Linda works since the 1980s!!!!!!) are still good for magazines covers... and not that old!! as you just said by comparing Julia to Claudia and Nadja...:doh: which is really really hard for more than 40yrs old women! because they are old, they are not good models and bad??? that's what you wrote... that was your argument...

and there I just see two old models taking care of the new German Model Generation...
and I just see Vogue Germany trying to scream out to the world they have a fashion mag. and amongst the better models of all time...:innocent:^_^

WOW ... It is the third time when Vogue Germany places supermodels... Stephanie, Cindy, Carolyn, Amber and now Nadja and Claudia... wonderful...

Honestly, really thrilled to see supermodels again but not really fond of cover. My fav from these 3 is Nadja but she is absolutely not fitting ths cover. Claudia and Julia look like sisters and Nadja is like ''hello I am your mom''.

Claudia's edits are WOWOWOW....

Julia is such a sweetie looking girl... I like her... she is beautiful...

would really like to see Nadja's edits... i have seen something from Vanity Fair and it was great...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the scans helligirl:flower:

OMG! It's ridiculous to try to read this thread now:judge::doh:
Please post thumbnail pictures & if you don't understand how that works
then please ask in Members Support & Feedback:flower:

and not that old!! as you just said by comparing Julia to Claudia and Nadja...:doh: which is really really hard for more than 40yrs old women! because they are old, they are not good models and bad??? that's what you wrote... that was your argument...

um no, that's not what i wrote and that's not my argument. I haven't seen a lot of Nadja's work but i love Claudia and i think she's a terrific model. I just think that putting them alongside Julia is not flattering for them. Plus i used quotes around the word "old", and i mentionned it was in comparison to Julia, not offhand.

Last edited by a moderator:
on the contrary, I think this is good... and what you said at the end is on the oppposite of what i see there...

tons of women around the world (and i'm talking about women! not girls or teens) complain of young 16-22yrs old models who just squat the covers of fashion mags,the ad campain (for fashion, beauty etc.) and this come-back of old models (that is revelant since 2001... so 6yrs ago! with some "ups" and some "downs"...) is for them...
and for the people complaining too about the models-fashion industry that use girls as kleenex... just to proove them the models of the 80s-90s (Linda works since the 1980s!!!!!!) are still good for magazines covers... and not that old!! as you just said by comparing Julia to Claudia and Nadja...:doh: which is really really hard for more than 40yrs old women! because they are old, they are not good models and bad??? that's what you wrote... that was your argument...

and there I just see two old models taking care of the new German Model Generation...
and I just see Vogue Germany trying to scream out to the world they have a fashion mag. and amongst the better models of all time...:innocent:^_^

well said, calling "old" to women in their mid 30's is simply sad and annoying and even sexist since men like George Clooney are considered "hot" at 50.

IMO, Julia doesnt look good beside Claudia and Nadja 'cause she looks too young, it's a personal taste, I know, but I like to see women on covers, even in their heyday Claudia and Nadja looked like women.

In 1995 Nadja was everywhere, a real sensation, she was adored by Magazines, designers and photographers, excuse me but I don't see the same thing with Julia, she's totally irrelevant in the industry, just one more of those models who will vanish soon. :innocent:

The cover is amazing (will have to buy this issue for sure!) but I don't like the position they've chosen for them.
Claudia's ed is superb, she looks great as always!

joseph26-perhaps we shouldnt make every thread about supermodels and how much better they are than todays high fashion models which probably is true but still...:flower::heart:

Besides the other two look :innocent:IMO.. personal preferernce and whatever :heart:^_^

I adooore the Cintia ed! I've really missed her lately. My favourite is the picture of her in the suit and Alyssa in that marvellous Vivienne Westwood dress. I'm in love. :heart:

Also: Stam ad on the back! I had my mouth full of cookie when I got it and was like *flail* "FPAM!" And my mother was like, "The what now?" - "Bweffica Fpam!" And now she thinks her name is Jessica Spam and it's all my fault. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inale
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->