Vogue Paris September 2005 : Nicole Kidman by Patrick Demarchelier

Information that Nicole will be on the cover of french Vogue is real?
It does not look like a new photo of Nicole...

Can somebody post a full cover or some pictures from magazine?

Ewanek said:
Information that Nicole Kidman will be on cover of french Vogue is real?

This photo does not look like a new one.
Yes, she is on the cover. The dress in that pic is Balenciaga f/w 2005. It's not an old photo.

I'm looking for that pic with Nicole and I see Naomi Watts :woot:!

I don't know what happened with the 1st post :(
so here's the pic:P

cover pic from iconography:

avqvk8.jpg

^hm, i don't really like this cover....there is something odd about it.

There are always celebs on US Vogue covers. Now they're on Euro Vogues too!? It's annoying.

I know.. it's getting a bit irritating. Models are models for a reason.

Mal.Adroit said:
There are always celebs on US Vogue covers. Now they're on Euro Vogues too!? It's annoying.
That's what sells. Most model covers have dismal sell-through rates.

wow the little frog looks really cute on the cover. Didnt know that they now use animals. Is that frog a celeb?

metal-on-metal said:

I guess the big question - which has not been answered - is why this happened right around 2000? Why did models sell the mags before 2000 but they cannot after this date?

Suggestions:

1) The supermodels demanded too much cash and the clients decided that it would be best for them to not create new supermodels - who were intimately linked with high fashion and without whom the clients' product (Chanel, Valentino, Versace...) would be branded as not very hot - and instead they would pronounce a new girl as "the next big thing" each season. New girls cannot demand as much pay as supermodels.

2) The public grew tired of models - they wanted "accomplished" women on the cover. This may very well be a side effect of the "save the world" mentality of the 80s and the "beauty is on the inside (and it's not glamorous)" mentality of the 90s. Possibly increased feminism among the educated (overrepresented in the target audience) also has something to do with this - given that models only look good but actresses are "accomplished", ie they can walk and talk and look good at the same time.

The cover of VogueFrance Sept2005 of Nicole not are photographed by Mario Testino guys are by Patrick Demarchelier styling Carine Rotfield:wink:

metal-on-metal said:

Then I'd even take a European celeb over Nicole Kidman. I don't want to pay $15 or more for a Euro Vogue just to see Renee or Nicole, who get enough covers here as it is. Harumph! :yuk:

Saw this issue today. It might as well be titled "The David Sims issue" because (save for the cover) every piece of photography in the fashion well is by him. I love him but perhaps too much of a good thing? Carine should've given the cover to him as well. I'm sure it would've been more interesting.

Could someone one who lives in France or speaks french please please please do a review on this issue like LibertyRose and Kimair do for the other Vogues.

I've been told that it's sealed and I don't want to purchase it if there is nothing good inside.

:flower:

^ I didn't buy it so I can't do a proper review. But it's not a very amazing issue. Usually even if it's sealed, someone opens one for people to look at on the newsstand. I wouldn't buy it without seeing the contents first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thehousedownboots
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->