Vogue Thailand Coming in 2013? *Update* Confirmed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its so stupid that they are making Vogue Thailand and Vogue Ukraine when you got amazing options (that actualy make sence) like Vogue South Africa and Vogue Scandinavia...

^ i think it's more about the countries where people who can afford luxury live than any other reason :blink:

Oh, there are rich people in Sweden. Seriously...if you sort by GDP you will find Sweden higher than Thailand and Ukraine. But you can also ask, indeed, why Canada does not have a Vogue - probably because they're covered by the American edition (or French). South Korea and Indonesia are those highest on a list without a Vogue edition.

But of course, maybe we should take in distribution of wealth into this as well. It's not so important what the mean income is, much more important how many are in the top 10% and then, secondarily, how much those 10% are worth.

I still think a Scandinavian Vogue would be fantastic - that would be ~20M people at least. But I guess the Danes would be fighting the Swedes for the language..Swedish and Danish are similar....but different enough to make reading Danish a chore.

Teaser cover from Vogue Thailand press conference today!
(The model is Si Tanwiboon)

instragram

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you credit whose instagram this image came from please? Thanks in advance :flower:

just search tag #voguethailand on Instragram and it will just pop up.

Anw, found a clearer picture.

487603_512445405450385_1451378253_n.jpg

magazinedee

^^it's part of our crediting rules that if you get an image from twitter/facebook/tumblr etc you need to provide the account name that it came from. I'll have to remove the initial image if you don't provide it...

Isn`t the font exactly the same as what Vogue Paris used Months ago and a mix of what they`re using right now (less the accents)? Look at the font for the "Vogue" and the "a"

547955_10150637224602705_126043068_n.jpg

Vogue Paris Facebook

I hope that this is not the final font because what Vogue Thailand needs is its own identity and having the same font as French Vogue (even if they changed already) will only make the magazine fall into comparison

Isn`t the font exactly the same as what Vogue Paris used Months ago and a mix of what they`re using right now (less the accents)? Look at the font for the "Vogue" and the "a"

I hope that this is not the final font because what Vogue Thailand needs is its own identity and having the same font as French Vogue (even if they changed already) will only make the magazine fall into comparison

No, it's actually the new Vogue Paris font not the old one.

310574_10151072174382705_1698992946_n.jpg

Facebook/VogueParis

It's just a preview, what's the point of over analyzing it...

I think the preview looks great. Nice, clean and classy. I hope they keep this look and don't abandon it after two months - I'm looking at you Vogue Turkey.

Has there ever been a 'teaser' for any of the other debut magazines? I'm just curious how much we should be reading into it in terms of layout, model choice, etc.

Test issue cover

Tarsha's Glossy Newsstand

LOVE IT. :heart:

However, the typography is very French Vogue.

Thai typography is very Elle Thailand/Marie Claire Thailand.
It is sad the fact that it is Thai Vogue but you can not really see the Thai text. :unsure:
I hope they will break this Thai magazine typography style by stopping using tiny san-serif Thai font and also stop using English as the headlines.

It is still the test cover. You cant say much.

Anyway Love the cover. Love the image placement. Love the model.
Love what she is wearing. I am excited for this! :woot::flower:

I wonder why are they keeping releasing these covers? I would love to see what is inside!

^I too think it's pretty great. Maybe not 'special' enough for a debut issue, but otherwise, I have no complains as to the its looks.

I am concerned with the use of such an unknown (to me at least) model. While I applaud the use of a local girl, do they have one who's somewhat known? If not, do what Vogue China (was it China or India?) did with Gemma and their debut issue.

^ It's a test issue, not a debut issue though.

^I too think it's pretty great. Maybe not 'special' enough for a debut issue, but otherwise, I have no complains as to the its looks.

I am concerned with the use of such an unknown (to me at least) model. While I applaud the use of a local girl, do they have one who's somewhat known? If not, do what Vogue China (was it China or India?) did with Gemma and their debut issue.

They were actualy both :lol:
And yeah I agree, at least for a first issue they should use a known model and then some local girls. Like Vogue Korea does, some months they have korean models, other times they have known models.

Another sneak peak from VT!
318879_472054289484570_289535592_n.jpg

Fashion Club Update's facebook

I guess this will probably be one of the editorials in the first issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VogueVoyager
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->