Vogue Turkey April 2024 : Lila Moss by Yulia Gorbachenko

Who pissed her off?
This is actually a very Gen Z vibe, or like they themselves like to say it, an 'aesthetic'. Look at Billie Eilish, Amelia Gray, Gabriette, Lily Rose Depp, etc they all have those resting b*tch/bored/I'm too-cool-to-care kinda look. Some of them might even photograph their eyes in the middle of them being rolled for an extra nonchalant effect. It's so annoying, because it's so fake and ridiculous.

If her head was a bit down it would have been a better cover

If her head was a bit down it would have been a better cover
Exactly! The positioning is so bad. Anyway, I'm always trying to be against nepo-shaming, trying to find something positive. This is the first time she looks exactly like her mother, can that be a bad thing?

I'm always trying to be against nepo-shaming, trying to find something positive.
There is no such thing as "nepo-shaming", sorry to :blink::lol:, but unlike fat-shaming or body-shaming, being a nepobaby actually requires a high amount of privilege. Nepotism is one of the biggest problems we have nowadays in the fashion world, because it is an enemy of creativity, since people are being hired solely for their family ties or relations rather than for their full potential and talent. So maybe there should be after all such a thing as neposhaming to get rid of this deplorable vice in order to value the people who truly deserve it in our society. I still believe that meritocracy is possible.

Also, I abhor this faux positivity kind of view, because being truly positive is not only about only seeing the rainbow-brite-y side of things, but it is also about being critical in order to change them for the better. This is what I like to call toxic positivity, based on a superficial and vapid view of the world. This is also why I am so against positive psychology and this law of attraction pseudo buddhist Western interpretation, new age kinda bullsh*t.

Lila is pretty but let’s face it she can’t model/emote if her life depended on it.

Exactly! The positioning is so bad. Anyway, I'm always trying to be against nepo-shaming, trying to find something positive. This is the first time she looks exactly like her mother, can that be a bad thing?
Neposhaming? Please, if she wasn't Kate Moss' & Jefferson Hack's daughter she wouldn't be allowed within 1000 ft. of a photoshoot.

She looks so tragically bland and prepubescent, especially in motion on runways. See around 8:30 mark, her juxtaposed so sharply to real models is quite a curious sight…

If Meisel agreed to work with her twice, the girl has something (and I'm not saying Kate). And she's incredible sweet looking. It's been so long I don't see that model type. She's young, so she has time to do homework unlike KJ. So don't waste your time lady.

I don't give a f*ck who Meisel choses to work with in 2024. That has no bearing on her as a model. When was the last time Meisel shot an editorial that mattered? I'll wait.

Likewise. Let's fawn over any model Meisel ever photographed.

I don't give a f*ck who Meisel choses to work with in 2024. That has no bearing on her as a model. When was the last time Meisel shot an editorial that mattered? I'll wait.
Right. Kate built her career without Meisel. I don't understand why everyone needs him.

And yet... you still can't name a Meisel editorial that's mattered in recent memory. And somehow him shooting Lila twice... matters? I'm just waiting for the logic to appear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->