Cast: Kate Moss

W Magazine Digital Edition

Eleganza Extravaganza

Photographer: Bruce Gilden
Stylist: Elin Svahn
Hair: Mustafa Yanaz
Makeup: Susie Sobol
Manicure: Casey Herman
Cast: Veronika Kunz, Nora Attal, LadyBunny, Milk, Ruby Wax, Elki Widerker, Dorothy Fox, Purely Patricia Fox

Hiding in Plain Sight

Photographer: Tobias Zielony
Stylist: Alice Goddard
Hair: Dushan Petrovich
Makeup: Sarah Hartgens
Cast: Alissa Duvgucic, Poly Maze, Begana Choi, Jasmine Fullerton-Smith

Taking A Stand

Louis Vuitton advertorial

Photographer: Jackie Nickerson
Set Design: Gerard Santos
Stylist: Max Clark
Hair: Shingo Shibata
Makeup: Emi Kaneko
Manicure: Jasmine Cameron
Cast: Giselle Norman

Right As Rain

Advertorial for Symmonds Pearmain, Max Pearmain and Anthony Simmonds new line

Photographer: Nigel Shafran
Stylist: Max Pearmain
Cast: Lorna Foran, Hope Morgan

Fresh Start

Proenza Schouler advertorial

Photographer: Takashi Homma
Stylist: Shun Watanabe
Hair & Makeup: Haruka Tazaki
Cast: Kiko Arai

Last edited by a moderator:
I do like the Gilden story but without Nora and the theatrics. Just Veronika and her ghoulish face would have been enough. Great edit overall.
And while it's always a treat to see the charming Penelope Tree in any edit, the concept is a bit played out. We get it, she had the most gorgeous eye-makeup edits ever, now give us something else. She's got a great life story to tell. Can't wait for Walker's break to start. Maybe he'll be back with renewed energy and creativity.

As for the rest? Snoozefest!

Awful Issue.... by far the Kate Moss are the best content...go figure...

Mostly some pretentious s*it, but I'm here for miss Milk!! As usual, it's all very very forgettable and old (we've seen enough polaroids of Kate Moss, it's a tired concept)

I hate to say this but the whole time I'm looking at these editorials, thinking "Why am I supposed to care about this/like this?"

Even the drag queens look out of place and forced.

W has had a few great moments in the last few years but this issue is just.... it doesn't seem genuine, it seems forced, like your grandparent trying to make 'fetch' happen.

I hate to say this but the whole time I'm looking at these editorials, thinking "Why am I supposed to care about this/like this?"

Even the drag queens look out of place and forced.

W has had a few great moments in the last few years but this issue is just.... it doesn't seem genuine, it seems forced, like your grandparent trying to make 'fetch' happen.

Agree 100%!

OK, so I have to come here and admit this didn’t come across as completely dreadful to me in person today!

I haven’t been motivated to leaf through a copy of W Magazine in months (perhaps even years) but thought I’d take a peek at this today when the store was relatively quiet - and can say I was impressed. The clean layout and fonts work wonders for the large format and I thought the Penelope Tree editorial looked fabulous - a nice tribute to her early work by Richard Avedon.

Btw, ADVERTORIALS? REALLY?

I would love to know how stylists really feel about Louis Vuitton. It must be frustrating having to be forced to use these looks head to toe. It's unfortunate that they really have no choice. It takes the creativity and fun out of the job. I suppose LVMH holds that much power over magazines. What a sad shame.

I would love to know how stylists really feel about Louis Vuitton. It must be frustrating having to be forced to use these looks head to toe. It's unfortunate that they really have no choice. It takes the creativity and fun out of the job. I suppose LVMH holds that much power over magazines. What a sad shame.

I believe they're more fed up with Gucci than Vuitton because at least with the latter you can build more stories around it. With Gucci there's not much room to move around unless you get the rare privilege of breaking up the pieces.

Nicolas has been doing this since Balenciaga, he just has a bigger budget now and outright buys advertorials and covers. Stylists must be used to it by now.

Nicolas has been doing this since Balenciaga, he just has a bigger budget now and outright buys advertorials and covers. Stylists must be used to it by now.

Who wouldn't want to shoot Balenciaga though? The clothes were fabulous! The same cannot be said about Louis Vuitton and that is a FACT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
konster
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->