What Are You Reading?

Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke

btw, I read 100 years of solitude a very long time ago and I do remember it being very long and confusing but I liked it.

If I ever read it again I'll explain the beauty of it.

the guardian cross word, easy one as always... to daft for cripticology

Originally posted by fortezza@Nov 4 2004, 09:29 PM
Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke

btw, I read 100 years of solitude a very long time ago and I do remember it being very long and confusing but I liked it.

If I ever read it again I'll explain the beauty of it.
[snapback]418338[/snapback]​

Coco Chanel's biography and Sophie Kinsella's Shopaholic ties the knot < I know,it's full of rubbish really,but I'm going to a holiday and what could be better reading on the beach??ok,since I've read all the Vogues I've got with me...

Year 501 -- Noam Chomsky

and

Holley 4150 Carburetor Manual -- Mark Ryan

Umberto Eco - Foucault's Pendulum
Dante's Divine Comedy

fortezza - how is Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell? I've been looking into that - the reviews are ok - what do you think about it?

Originally posted by pinkcouture@Oct 18 2003, 09:28 PM
I just finished reading "Pride & Prejudice" by Jane Austen and now I'm starting to read "Wuthering Heights" by Emily Bronte.
[snapback]98558[/snapback]​

Me too!

Originally posted by faust@Nov 4 2004, 05:44 AM
(In case you guys are wondering why I read so fast, well I have to read a book a week for each of my two classes :wacko: ).
[snapback]417553[/snapback]​
what are you studying, faust?

btw, I just bought Crime & Punishment by Dostoievsky, I'll start reading it once I finally finish with On The Road.. hopefully tonight :lucky:

Originally posted by MulletProof@Nov 7 2004, 02:27 PM
what are you studying, faust?

btw, I just bought Crime & Punishment by Dostoievsky, I'll start reading it once I finally finish with On The Road.. hopefully tonight :lucky:
[snapback]421786[/snapback]​

I'm studying for a Master of Arts degree in Liberal Studies (but technically it's literature).

Crime and Punishment - JFC, that book is depressing and... well, depressing. I'm not a fan of Dostoyevskiy - even though he is considered a granddaddy of existensialism and I love Kafka, Sartre and Camus...

whoop, that sounds like important, maybe even interesting ^_^

is it, really?.. I read the Gambler a few months ago, it was ok, I quite liked it but nothing memorable, I have huge expectations for Crime and Punishment, though. :ninja:

Originally posted by MulletProof@Nov 8 2004, 03:01 PM
whoop, that sounds like important, maybe even interesting ^_^

is it, really?.. I read the Gambler a few months ago, it was ok, I quite liked it but nothing memorable, I have huge expectations for Crime and Punishment, though. :ninja:
[snapback]423430[/snapback]​

Oh, it's very interesting, especially given the heritage of my university.

You better load up on Prozac before you start readin CnP :lol:

right now i'm reading this one :P :heart: :huh: the little mole who knew it was none of his business. now that's the polical correct title. the danish title can be translated into something like .. the mole who wanted to know who had sh*t on it's head. :lol:

I'm reading Tirant lo Blanc for my literature class.
A bit difficult the XVth century language.

Originally posted by faust@Nov 8 2004, 12:08 PM
Oh, it's very interesting, especially given the heritage of my university.

You better load up on Prozac before you start readin CnP :lol:
[snapback]423446[/snapback]​
oh cool, don't know where you're studying but I assume most universities are cool.

maybe it was particularly depressing for you, god, I'll try to act like I never read your post
arrogant.gif

Originally posted by MulletProof@Nov 8 2004, 04:52 PM
oh cool, don't know where you're studying but I assume most universities are cool.

maybe it was particularly depressing for you, god, I'll try to act like I never read your post
arrogant.gif

[snapback]423621[/snapback]​

Crime and Punishment is seriously depressing...it's best to read it in one long swig or you'll lose the will to go on...

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Nov 8 2004, 03:21 PM
Crime and Punishment is seriously depressing...it's best to read it in one long swig or you'll lose the will to go on...
[snapback]423790[/snapback]​
:mellow: ..I thought Faust had depressive tendencies or something but now that you also say it, I seriously plan to be ridiculously positive when reading the book :wink:

Originally posted by MulletProof@Nov 8 2004, 06:47 PM
:mellow: ..I thought Faust had depressive tendencies or something but now that you also say it, I seriously plan to be ridiculously positive when reading the book :wink:
[snapback]423808[/snapback]​

Unless you thought Pilgrim's Progress a lively, entertaining tome on modern life then I imagine you'll need all that positive thinking...good luck!

Originally posted by MulletProof@Nov 8 2004, 06:47 PM
[snapback]423808[/snapback]​

:lol: I don't have depressive tendencies at all, mentally I'm the healthiest person I know!

Here is a profile of my school:

http://www.newschool.edu/gf/about/history.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloome
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->