What do you think about these Gucci skneakers?

Dariio said:
Stop thinking about the price, I didnt ask if they were worth the price or if the brand was right!
Talking about design, are they good looking...
Fine. The design sucks. There is no design. They are a rip-off of a classic Adidas shoe. That is not design.

I thought my feelings on the design were clear in my post. They're ugly, too much white and the web is beyond tacky.....

The only reason I pointed out the black ones is because I think they're a better looking shoe, not so "status symbol" but whatever.

Thanks for the opinios.

Could you please post pics on relaxed everyday wear shoes/sneakers that you think are good looking.

Dariio said:
Thanks for the opinios.

Could you please post pics on relaxed everyday wear shoes/sneakers that you think are good looking.

are you specifically looking for a designer shoes?

I agree with everything Morgan38, AlexN, Brian, Spike413, etc have said, designer shoes look like your trying too hard to show off.

Dariio said:
Please take some more time when you replay and write down why I shouldn't buy them?

I stopped reading this thread here so I dunno what else people has written, but, my opinion is:

DO NOT buy this shoes. This is a fake of the older Adidas (maybe they were called Stan Smith, but I'm not sure about it), only that they cost like 2 times the Adidas one, just because you get them from Gucci.

Also, I hate all the logoed stuff, so I would advice to take some other belt in consideration... I personally own a Gucci belt without monograms, just a small "GUCCI" tag on the "thing that let you close the belt" (I don't know the English word for that :lol:), and it's far better than walking the street with something screaming GUCCI on it.

That's the same reason why I loathe Richmond denim, or some Dolce&Gabbana and Armani Jeans stuff... I can't stand logos... I think them to be "a vulgar display of power" :lol:

Anyway, if you like those item... buy them... I'm just telling you that with the same amount of money you could afford something better!

bye

Dariio- they are super cute...
The thing is that people on TFS (some not all) are totally against logo stuff, that is why they are like "no dont get em..., theyre tacky"... but its ok if you like em get them.

Last edited by a moderator:
a pleasant surprise when i read the topic title i pictured mongrammed tacky trainers but they are nice, and not a label overload.. go for it buy them.

We're trying to tell Dariio what we think, and we think it is tasteless. If you like them get them. Other than being tasteless they are ugly shoes, if they're Gucci or Adidas, they're ugly.

Here are some other options:
Puma Roma (I have four pairs, love 'em) $65.95
985-105953-d.jpg

Samba Classic $55.00 (have two pairs of these in the same color, LOVE them)
Adidas23bwtd.jpg

Samoa $70.95
1733-98350-d.jpg

Zappos.com

hmm.. love the shoes.. but I have to agree with some here, do NOT buy the matching belt... that's just too much!

I'm with Diorling; it's not even totally about the logo thing. I just don't like them regardless, but if I did, I'd get the Adidas version. There's literally no reason to buy the Gucci's except for the logo. That's it. So if you want the logo, buy them. If you don't care about the logo, then have some sense and buy the Adidas.

img1045835027.jpeg

Dariio, I'm going to side with AlexN here... If you compare the photo of the Stan Smiths from Adidas with the Gucci's. You can see that the Gucci's just aren't anything special. Sure, some crocodile skin for that rear tag (going to be covered by pants anyways), and the signature gucci red/green stripes (not very creative or imaginative), but if you look at the overall DESIGN it's just the Stan Smith redone.

This blatant copying is seen with Dior Homme sneakers as well, with the copying of Keds, Converse, and even old Dior Homme shoes were Stan Smith ripoffs as well. The pair of Gucci shoes posted on this thread that also have the red/green side stripes are Keds ripoffs as well.

If you truly like the styling and look of the shoe, why not get the original thing? It will only cost $40-60 US for the item that are clearly unimaginative copies. This is not to rip on Hedi per se, or people at Gucci, as they all make original styled shoes that are quite nice, but in the world of fashion, why not support the original?

It really shows that you appreciate the actual aesthetic of the design, and not a copy made just to generate sales from people that just want to flaunt that they spent $400 on SNEAKERS. There are cooler and much more unique/interesting items made by plenty of designers that you could put that $340 you saved by buying the original thing.

I think I made a reasonable argument both in terms of not buying the shoes because of the styling, as well as for the money.

Cheers mate,
Albert

This was brought up in another thread... and I wrote the same thing.

Diorling said:
Puma Roma (I have four pairs, love 'em) $65.95
985-105953-d.jpg

Zappos.com

ooh i like those.
i think you should get the belt.
but dont get the sneakers to wear WITH the belt.
get this pair, and wear your belt.

Adidas has released one of it's original shoes from 1971, the Ron Laver. :heart:

adidasv.jpg

Yohji re-invented (used loosely) the Superstar AKA the Gucci shoe we've been talking about.
y3v.jpg

Men.Style.com

Maybe this one has been beaten to death, but I figured I'd add my two pence anyway:

Just Say No to those Gucci shoes - and I wouldn't buy the belt either. Not because I'm anti-logo, but because I'm anti-rapper-bling-ghettofab. To me, those shoes scream - HEY! Put me in your next rap video! And the belt doesn't help, either. (Really, I know I'm being blunt, but honesty is the best policy in my opinion.) I'm also not fond of the generic Adidas thing either.

If I where you, I'd check out Camper. Their styles are clean, unique, and classy. Example:
827-100949-d.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fabs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->