What Magazines Have You Bought/Received Recently?

I just ordered 5 magazines and was pi**ed off coz lost two whilst choosing! would’ve been 7 :ninjas:

thank you :flower:
I hate that, the only issue i was needing to get was Vogue Cs April and i soon i put on the cart was gone :holdingbacktears::loudlycrying:

@Kimy Jo I lost Vogue France with Grace Elizabeth - it’s such a majestic cover with that Schiaparelli outfit! and some other US Vogue.

ELLE Argentina May 2023 : Jenna Ortega.

Vogue Latin America 2023 Vol 1 - February : María Becerra and Sofía Reyes.

I just ordered 5 magazines and was pi**ed off coz lost two whilst choosing! would’ve been 7 :ninjas:

thank you :flower:
Same happened to me, i wanted Paulina’s Vogue Scandinavia so bad.

Ended buying Gisele’s Vogue Italia and Vanity Fair UK, 2 male covers of Vogue Hong Kong and Taiwan and GQ China march issue

Got Elle France with Anna Ewers on the cover and Elle Korea with V from BTS. The quality of the Korean magazines I have is just so much better it's actually crazy.

Managed to snag some recent US Vogues from the CNWWN sale. £2 an issue! I really enjoyed my read through US Vogue's April issue last month, so I was happy I managed to get these.

IMG_4837.jpg

I've only read the October issue so far but it really surprised me how much better the content looks in person vs online, and even how much more suited the reprints are to the American edition. I felt some editorials came alive here far more than they did in UK Vogue. It's also a much better read, it's just a shame it's so consistently thin. That's the one thing Edward's Vogue has going for it at the minute; it feels like a substantial glossy, whereas the US version just feels like a pamphlet. Though I'm impressed that they still manage to get a decent amount in there.

All that to say - I'm enjoying dipping back into US Vogue but it's certainly not the glory days of this magazine, and having recently gone through some 2009 issues (when US Vogue really stepped up its game), I do weep at what we've lost; Meisel, Testino, Klein, Leibovitz, McDean, Demarchelier... the major players at that time were in issue after issue. I admire US Vogue's efforts to use newer photographers, but I wish they'd pick a couple and really push them... it'd give the magazine a more cohesive feel and help cultivate the star power that's needed.

I have a couple of long train journeys later this week, so I'm saving the remaining 4 issues to enjoy then. Hopefully they'll continue to pleasantly surprise!

Last edited:
May I ask where you live? Because most of the time the magazines on EBay are not event that expensive. It’s mainly the high shipping costs to the Netherlands that make it so expensive for me.
Its mutual. Shipping from the netherlands is also expensive. Even bought something from the netherlands that I thought had cheap shipping, but then when the mail came to my door I had to pay for postage was never something I had to do before.

Having a bit of a drought lately. I guess money had to run out someday lol
Here's something I received today, to tide me over. The Armani catalogue is absolutely incredible and comes with a very cinematic fold-out at the beginning. Lindbergh at his best!

Untitled-1.jpg

Had to take a quick snap before I started tearing my latest arrivals for scanning. This lot was selected exclusively for my Meisel collection, but I also spotted some great early gems from Weber and Testino.

WhatsApp Image 2023-05-20 at 16.27.05.jpeg

So you're the reason why I am unable check out that VI cover. :tearsofjoy: Great find.

Here's what I received this week:

Italian Vogue issues from 2009 and 2013 as well as Vogue España with Anja Rubik (May 2011) and Vogue Taiwan's January 2023 issue. I purchased two Italian Vogue issues along with their Beauty in Vogue supplements for just $3.00. :pleading:

My May issue of Vogue Korea will arrive later today. I'll just probably post some scans on its own thread later for now, but I'll include it in my next post along with some other issues that haven't arrived yet.

IMG_20230603_121523_copy_1548x1047.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theaucourant
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->