What Model Do You Admire?

smartarse said:
I also have great admiration for Petra Nemcova lately. Since her near death experience she has become selfless individual and then some. Very poignant and emotional when she gave her award to her sister whom she helped pay her way to a college education at NYU. Blood is thicker than water, no pun intended.

I agree wholeheartedly :smile: :flower:

She was recently named one of the Women of the Year by Glamour B)

Really?

smartarse said:
I tell you who I admire the most...

AMANDA MOORE, hands down. She didn't want to be a model.... heck, never even thought of it. But became the most successful supermodel that ever graced the runway, print, ed. And one of the very few if not the only one in the business that is pleasant to work with and well liked , overwhelmingly by all photographers and fashion editors, designers. A rarity in the industry. And seldom is unheard of.

She's open and honest about herself which in this industry many are not for the fear of jeopardizing their source of income.

Comes from a military family and her brother is in Iraq and/or overseas defending our beloved country, U.S. of A. ! "down with terrorism!"

Good head on her shoulder personally and professionally.

There are a lot of people like you that still believe in kill 200,000 civilians is good.:cry: read this information of an american soldier
http://www.zmag.org/content/showarticle.cfm?SectionID=15&ItemID=8785

^ i will refrain from discussing politics in this forum :D B)

All I have to say is I also admire Amanda Moore, thank you very much B)

You can only admire people who stand up to do something for a cause, may it be Maggie Rizer (AIDs), Natalia Vodianova (children in Russia), Liya Kebede and Waris Dirie (women in Africa), and many more...

But remember what it takes to be a model : you have to leave your home, family and friends to move to a foreign country where you don't necessarily understand the language. Models starting their careers are most of the time VERY young at that point, and need a great deal of mental strength to build a career, live alone far away from home, face judgements on how they look all the time. (not to mention rejection, people who might want to take advantage of them...)
Before I thought models were superficial and didn't see the point in admiring them. But being a student I had to face some of these difficulties (loneliness in a foreign country for example). So now I do admire models in general. A modeling career isn't just pretty looks. Like Angela Lindvall said in an interview, only the mentaly strong survive in the business, whoever they are.

I admire Liya- she does a lot of charity.

And I admire Vlada for not smoking in a world where everyone else does.

MakeUpJunkie, I think we're on the same brainwave here...

I adore Liya Kebede, she's such a sweetheart and does so much charity work! Also Petra Nemcova- for reasons I'm sure most of us know by now. A natural disaster is a horrifying thing, and to lose loved ones because of it....I can tell you, it's obviously one of the worst things a person can go through.

Thanks hon, we're doing okay. It's not as bad as it once was, and I personally think that the tsunami victims had it much worse.

How could I leave out Petra? That is something NO ONE should have to go through. Did they find his body?

I'm not sure...if anyone knows, please let us know- but it's doubtful that they found him. It was hard enough to find people in a city in the US, can you imagine how hard it must be to find people there? I admire her for being so strong through all of this..

I know. And she still is working, and I think she is writing a book. I could of sworn they found his body, but I cant remember. Either way, I cant believe how strong she is for getting through this.

^They did find Simon's body :( Petra went and identified it herself -- at least she found some closure.

Christy Turlington.So beautiful,poised,intelligent,not like the other two obnoxious and unworthy "Trinity" members.She quit smoking,has graduated from university,traveled and worked extensively,has Nuala,and a family.A REAL person !!!!!!!View attachment 182241

Last edited by a moderator:
i actually admire Karolina Kurkova's body a lot:P

Fernanda Tavares for running against natural fur by refusing to wear it, because I totally agree with that and have respect for people who have the mind of their own and are not afraid to clearly state it.
flowers.gif
Same here :smile:

I admire Gisele too, because she's worked very hard to get to where she is now, and she's still working hard, years later.
She's from like a ridiculously small city in Southern Brazil, and then she became huge, because she struggled. She's heard a lot of "no's" but she'd just say "one day you'll like me", move on and keep working.
I also admire her for being herself, for being genuine and authentic.

And Petra Nemcova, definitely.

I'd have to say Angela Lindvall. I saw an interview with her, where she was spilling her guts on what she thought about modeling, the fashion industry, and all other things she could think of. I was pleasently surprised on how down-to-earth she seemed, and how opinionated she came off. I admire those who can come out strong from such a crowded business, and make a name for themselves like she has.

I try to base my admiration more on experiences and actions rather than the strength of the model in general- all top models have to be strong, or they would never succeed in this business. It's why some women on ANTM were forced to leave- they didn't have the strength to continue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rtdrone
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->