What Will You Be For Halloween?

HBoogie

Procrastinator.
Reaction score
Well, it's only about a month until my favorite holiday, Halloween. :woot: I've had my costume planned since before last Halloween (pathetic, I know :blush: ). I'm going as Carmen Sandiego, from the computer game series ("Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?" and others). That means her trademark red fedora and red trenchcoat, and I'm creating a special prop to make the costume instantly recognizable. Since the whole plot of the game involved Carmen and her criminal cohorts going around the world and stealing precious artifacts, I'm going to carry around a "stolen" Mona Lisa (really I'll just buy a poster of the painting and paste it onto a canvas with rubber cement).

What are you guys planning on being for Halloween? Have any favorite costume ideas to share?

carmenchar.jpg

maybe you need a big globe or map...hboogie...

i think i'm skipping halloween this year...last year i went as a gangster's moll...
year before...warrior princess...

one year in college i won a prize for my cleopatra costume...i made it out of a sheet...
but i think i won because i actually cut my hair like a cleopatra wig and wore a gold snake tiara that i made...i also wore greek sandals and a gold cuff on my upper arm ...which i also made and a gold medallion brooch on my toga ...which i also made...

i decided to go at the last minute...so i just took the sheet off my bed and found some gold foil from a giant choclate bar and made the costume...oh...and i also borrowed some blue eyeshadow and blk liquid liner from the tacky girl down the hall... :ninja: :innocent:

I'm going to be a Pirate, not very original, but I never got be be one growing up

pirates are hot...i was a pirate in high school...but an adam ant pirate...i had the white stripe across my face and everything... :D B)

you have to wear leather pants...!!!

I don't know abou leather pants, i think i would sweat in them :yuk:

Anyone else have experience with leather pants??? How should I put together this costume, I want to break away from the pirate costume everyone else is going to be wearing??? I think I might go for a Pirates of the Caribbean theme

very hot...

Last edited by a moderator:
but so was adam...

Last edited by a moderator:
Great topic idea, I adore Hallowe'en! :zorro:

I have a perchance for literary and more cultural costumes, for some reason. Although I ended up not going last year, I was Ophelia the year before that. I've been Winter, while my sister was Autumn. Another year my brother and sister were Bonnie and Clyde, while I was their conscience.
Anyway, this year I was inspired by an opera that I watched, called Lucia di Lammermoor...
"Against a backdrop of mist-shrouded Scottish highlands, Lucia is forced to betray the man she loves and to marry another. Torn between youthful desire and family honour, her broken heart and fractured mind are expressed in the most famous mad scene in all of opera.
The role of Lucia demands a soprano of vocal suppleness and dramatic intensity, and we have them both in the mesmerizing Marina Mescheriakova. The great Canadian baritone Russell Braun stars as her brother Enrico in Donizetti's bel canto masterpiece."
- from coc.ca
It was quite simply the most incredible mad scene that I've ever watched! The best insane female character ever, better than Ophelia or Lady Macbeth or any of the others. (I've got this thing for slightly demeted literary women). I got all of these images from it, of women in blood-stained gowns sweeping around and giggling strangely off to themselves. At the end of Lucia's major mad scene I just wanted to give a standing ovation right then. Thankfully, we did wait until the end though.
Anyway, I decided with my sister and a friend that I went with, that despite being much too old for candy, we're going to put together a bunch of themed costumes for this year's Hallowe'en. My younger sister, who's tall, strong, darker and busty is going to be a Valkryei. Since, we'd last seen the a segment of the Ring Cycle. She's planning out her outfit, with a black corset and a headress and some sort of pronged spear. My friend, who's also a redhead, but larger than me, is going to be the Queen of the Night from the Magic Flute. We're still figuring out that outfit, but she currently wants an enormous black horse with a chariot and a crown full of stars. And, of course, I'm going to be Lucia. Simple, mad, completely sweet Lucia.
:evil: :innocent: I'm going to start searching the Salvation Army stores for wedding gowns that I can tear up and drench in buckets of fake blood. The sword might be a problem though... since I want something solid and heavy and real-looking. The makeup's going to be fabulous to do though!

i'm going to be the ninja turtles with three of my friends. i'm going to be michelangelo, the one with the red band or mask or what do you call it? originally i was supposed to be the girl - april - but that was just a bit too boring so now my best friend will be dressed in drag for the night.

I've always wanted to dress up for Halloween. We don't celebrate it over here.. :cry:

Originally posted by Mettchen@Oct 1 2004, 04:12 AM
i'm going to be the ninja turtles with three of my friends. i'm going to be michelangelo, the one with the red band or mask or what do you call it? originally i was supposed to be the girl - april - but that was just a bit too boring so now my best friend will be dressed in drag for the night.
[snapback]381920[/snapback]​

That was Raphael, Michealangelo had an orange bandana. :innocent: :ninja:

Oh shut up it was my favorite show when I was little.

a friend suggested we go as Marykate and Ashley with shirts that say MK and Ashley on them which I thought was funny (she wanted to carry around an empty plate! rude I know, but also funny). Anyway other than that not exactly sure what I'll be....

There's one thing ive always wondered regarding halloween.Are u supposed to dress up into something scary or dressing up into anything you want? :blink:

Anything your little heart desires.

Last year, when I had black hair, I brought up the idea of my boyfirend and I going as Betty and Barney Ruble from the flintstones. We had a small resemblence... that was kind of funny.

I don't know what I wanna do this year...

I'm planning on going as a Sid Vicious inspired rock star. Black smuged eyliner for that 'I've been using something illegal' look, fake piercings, ripped jeans, chains, collars, leather jacket...........I'm just waiting for someone in school to call me a poser.

Originally posted by Golden_butterfly@Oct 1 2004, 10:51 AM
There's one thing ive always wondered regarding halloween.Are u supposed to dress up into something scary or dressing up into anything you want? :blink:
[snapback]382079[/snapback]​
Anything you want basically, lots go for the scary thing cause it's kinda traditional, but you can be anything.

Originally posted by themself@Oct 1 2004, 08:43 AM
That was Raphael, Michealangelo had an orange bandana. :innocent: :ninja:

Oh shut up it was my favorite show when I was little.
[snapback]382072[/snapback]​
:lol: you still remember the colors.

I loved ninja turtles.. along with Ghostbuster :ninja: .

back on topic: I want to get as nasty as Cindy Lauper back in the 80's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misanita
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->