Where do you purchase your handbags?

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I'm crazy about bags in general I can buy some of them but not all and there's nothing worst than dreaming about one day and night:cry:I wondered if you have some advices or place to buy for less..
Thank you

I normally buy the bags directly from the maisons' boutiques, especially limitied edition or special bags. Sometimes I will purchase from NM, Saks, and Barney's (but NM recently screwed me by cancelling my order because of "depleted stocks"). I haven't purchased yet from Aloha Rag, but I will probably for S/S 06.

Finally, I'll look on ebay for obscure bags that are no longer in production (Givenchy Pumpkin, older Balenciaga colors), but only purchase when I can be certain that it is authentic (i.e., purchase from a trusted seller).

I live in Paris, the temptation is great...Last month I bought the spy one but I can't make up my mind between the silverado and a balenciaga...

I buy from boutiques as well or sometimes from luxury department stores..basically anywhere I can find it but somewhere authentic!

unfortunately i live in a place where there are no boutiques or upscale places :cry: so for my designer bags i usually end up going online (nm, saks, eluxury, ebay, etc).. it's kinda hit or miss since i rarely have the chance to see those types of bags irl... but that's part of the fun, i suppose... :innocent:

i live in la and i usually purchase from the boutique. but lately i've been buying from aloharag. california tax is pretty high and it makes a difference in my purchases. i love the tax-free and free shipping that aloharag offer. ^_^

I purchases special edition and limited bags from smaller boutiques where I can special order them, so I can be sure I will get it. I get most bags from luxury department stores where I do the waitlist thing, which has been really quick everytime I've done it.

I tend to browse in department stores, find the model I like and buy it from the boutique - so much nicer service there, and you can chat to the SA who tend to know more about the products!

drel39 said:
unfortunately i live in a place where there are no boutiques or upscale places :cry: so for my designer bags i usually end up going online (nm, saks, eluxury, ebay, etc).. it's kinda hit or miss since i rarely have the chance to see those types of bags irl... but that's part of the fun, i suppose... :innocent:

Same for me since we have no good stores by me. I also order from boutiques and NM/BG over the phone as well.

I don't have that many designer bags,and where I live there are not many designer stores.But I have bought two from the Mulberry website,a couple from Net-a-porter.com and a Costume National one from a local boutique...

NAP.com is a good place to buy from but their selection is limited.Mulberry service was also excellent online.

QuirkyCool said:
I don't have that many designer bags,and where I live there are not many designer stores.But I have bought two from the Mulberry website,a couple from Net-a-porter.com and a Costume National one from a local boutique...

NAP.com is a good place to buy from but their selection is limited.Mulberry service was also excellent online.

Nap is great if you live in the UK, but the customs fees are horrible if you're outside of the UK :doh:

Guessgirl96 said:
Nap is great if you live in the UK, but the customs fees are horrible if you're outside of the UK :doh:

Actually,if you're outside the EU.There is no customs or duty to be paid within the whole of the EU.You'd be fine in Paris.:flower: .

Looking for an imitation clutch

Hello I have seen this clutch i ADORE and I was just wondering if anyone has seen on similar on a website or knew how to make one?
this one is $100 and I cant afford to spend that much right now on a clutch..
any help would be great thanks
1dfaae06383a86f8ca4780a043448c5f.jpg

^Mk's, please provide a credit for your image else it will have to be removed. Thanks.

Equally there are no real boutiques where I live so in terms of being able to purchase it tends to be online, its all a bit hit and miss sometimes

Usually from boutiques or from department stores. I prefer the boutiques, but sometimes when you're browing a store like Selfridges you just can't help yourself!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrigitteXCX
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->