Who will sweep up at the F-W 07/08 Haute Couture Shows?

yes- with very few curves...
:wink:

do you think irena will do well?

Hmmm..*edit*...:hardhead:

Perhaps. She didn't do so bad last season. She'll probably stick to the big shows.

Last edited by a moderator:
soon we'll be starting a "who will sweep up the s/s08 rtw shows" thread!
now how exciting is that?!

Last edited by a moderator:
Elise better sweep.
I suspect Maryna Linchuk, Mariya Markina, and Magdalena Frackowiak will do well as well as Olga Sherer, Hilary Rhoda, Inguna Butane, and the other standard haute couture models.

I want to see more Asian girls. Mo Wandan did Dior last season. Eugenia M would be cool too.

As long as Catherine McNeil does couture, I am happy. As for more new girls, I'd say that Elsa Sylvan, Kasia Struss and Alyona Osmanova would be perfect for couture...

Eugenia M DID do couture shows last season. JPG, I believe, she wore this gorgeous blue dress.

I'd say, McNiel will either totally dominate, over everyone and be the breakout star opening & closing a lot of shows OR she will fade out and appear in a couple shows.

Olga, yeah, she is turning out to be a mini Karen & Karen was an amazing couture model.

All the bland "delicate" (blahhhhh) models that popped up f/w 07, Anabela, Irina K., ect. will hopefully fade out, they would make crap couture models anyway.

Magdelena will probably bag a ton of shows, she seems to be getting bigger & bigger.

& As usual, Flavia, Stam, Sasha, Natasha & Hana will book at least half of the shows- they always do good, good but I wouldn't say they sweep up.

Hopefully Elise will at least book a couple shows. :-(

Just off the top of my little head I'm thinking that any of the following would be good bets amongst the pack of new girls to succeed this season at the Haute Couture shows:

Danielle Hamm, Serafima Vakulenko, Viviane Orth, Masha Tyelna, Irina Kulikova, Jessica Beyers, Oxana Pautova, Laura Blokina, and Eva Arlauskaite.

They're all incredibly long and narrow and could do very well for the HC shows. Olga, Alyona, and Kasia are practically givens to do well this season in my mind. As for the more longshot bets...my money is on Charlotte Pallister, Roberta Konrath, Genevieve Godbout, or Uliana Tikhova. Then again, those are all just wild speculations.

Should be quite interesting to see what happens. :wink:

Every season new girls come in, and older girls go out, but I really think this coming season and next season (the next year or so) will be the start of a new "era" of girls. It's already begun.

Back around 2003 there was a major new era of top girls that rose to the top and I think the tables are beginning to turn over once again.

Don't get me wrong, many of these top girls from back a few years ago will still be around, but I think major changes are yet to come. :smile:

Lily Cole, if possible... :smile: She's amaaaaaazing, especially as a HC bride! :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->