Why do you love fashion?

It's ever shifting and always exciting. It's a never ending supply of endless inspiration, tradition, and purely ****ed up ideas. It's sexy, dirty, elegant and all too often - cheesy! It encompasses all the things in life that I find the most fulfilling.

Love doesn't have to have a reason, you just do, there is no logic to it; ok, kidding, let me try to decipher why:

- aesthetics
- being respected
- a way of life
- coveting luxury
- craftsmanship

I find fashion very exciting. It's constantly evolving and expanding in every direction possible, because of all the people from different backgrounds with different outlooks on life contributing to the industry. I love how there are always individuals who try to use fashion as a way to make a point, to send a message, who try to use fashion to change society for the better.

The clothes a person wears often say something about them and influence the way others react to them and interact with them. Clothes can tell you what someone's favourite colour is, where they shop, whether or not they are sure of themselves. Not that you should judge someone by what clothes they've got on their back but it amazes me how good a sense of a person's character you can get just by looking at what they're wearing. You can figure out what kind of job they have, if they have any religious faith or none at all, what kind of music they've got on their iPod. As for high fashion, I'm always very much excited to see what they come up with next, who comes up short and who exceeds all expectations and where they draw inspiration from. It's very interesting to see how the high street shops translate high fashion collections and trends into clothing that will be sold to the masses.

A lot of people think the fashion industry is intellectually-limiting and vain. Whenever I tell someone that I want to go into fashion their reply is usually, "Oh, but you're so bright!" People have this idea of everyone who's interested in fashion being a self-absorbed airhead when really a lot are the opposite. I don't think that fashion is that much vainer or self-indulgent than other artistic industries, it's just more openly so, and I think that in a way that's necessary. When fashion really addresses an issue it reaches millions of people, not just those directly involved, and it's always interesting to find out how people who aren't necessarily "fashion-conscious" (but are open-minded) view fashion.

The thing I love most about fashion is that sheer excitement I get when I'm viewing a new collection or talking about one, when I see a brilliant editorial for the first time or read a great interview, when I get to try on or even buy a piece that I really love, designer or not.

Why do I love fashion?

It is such an beautiful form of expression and the industry itself, even with all its (many) flaws, is so dynamic and constantly thrilling.

Hmm..what to say that it dosent sound already said.
I have no idea...
i always loved fashion, i just didnt know it. Always loved playing dress up, drawing clothes when i was little. Nobody paid attention to it, and my path lead me to fashion highschool. I realized that i have huge passion for fashion on my 3rd year of fashion design. It's funny, cuz my family had different expectations from me and i kinda pick my own highschool cuz i loved to draw. That was all i knew.
Now i know what i want and i know just a thought of having my own runway shows makes my heart warm, makes me cry, cuz i want it so much!
Designing clothes is a perfect job if you are ment to do it, and i believe i am.
Now i'm working hard on college to learn how to sew and tailor better, how to be better and more ready for the world. I try to reply on competitons and give my best. I don't like to brag i just like to walk quiet and make my dream come true.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love it because it's art. It's beautiful visual verbiage.
I mean it's human nature to love looking at beautiful things .

I never really thought about that question..

It's many reasons why I love fashion so much and I also find it hard to explain it.
Fashion creates its own world, and in a way it can be an escape from the oh-so-boring-reality. Looking at couture gowns and flickring through fashion magasines give me inspiration that the so called real world never could.

It's also the feeling of dressing up or buying a fashion item. You feel so good about yourself just because of a pair of shoes. It's actually a bit insane, but we've all experienced the same materialistic joy that gives us more confidence in a politically incorrect way.

There is also the nature of fashion. Always seeking something new and constantly evolving. The endless pursuit of perfection. Ah, it really colours my life ^_^

Well I'm going to sound like a heretic saying this here at The Fashion Spot, but I can't say I actually love fashion itself :shock:. I appreciate beauty and and I appreciate innovation and creativity and personal expression, and I particularly love when they combine, so when fashion offers that - which is often - that's what I love.

Within what I do love about fashion, I think it's the transformative aspect that I find so attractive. And especially when someone does it with style, by making it distinctive and exclusive to their own personal taste, it's even more compelling and interesting to observe. It's seeing the change from mediocrity to beauty, from conventional beauty to a more modern standard of beauty, all within the constraints of a particular perspective, first from the designer and then from the wearer. It's the constant metamorphosis of expression.

I love the visual and creative side of fashion. I love designers that know how to take the bizarre road and make a true masterpiece. Alexander McQueen is the reason why I got into fashion in the first place. I love the crazy and odd creations that most people would call bizarre or over the top.

I also love how you can express yourself and mix whatever styles you want.

How fashion can transform your body, by using different details and materials.

Like others said, for me fashion is a form of art. It's an easy way to make everyday life more beautiful & agreeable.

while i do enjoy the personal expression aspect and the cut and creativity of the individual designers, i find myself most enthralled by some of the aspirational aspects of fashion. there's an entire lifestyle that surrounds the world of fashion that ellicits such joys whether that's traveling to fantastic resorts, hobnobbing in exclusive boites, or experiencing the pleasure of fine living at home. fashion, for me, doesn't stop at the clothes, but it definitely provides the uniform.

I love fashion because is an art and a craft. The way you can change a simple cloth into a beautiful gown.

The photography. The clothes. The models.

I've also always been a person to believe in a "first impression". Clean clothes and chic-ness is something I've always liked. No matter how bad it sounds, everybody does it. And I know it makes me sound like a bad person, but I DO judge "a book by it's cover".

And to quote one of my favorite movies, The Devil Wears Prada. "That's really what this multi-billion dollar industry is all about, inner beauty.."

I'm interested in the business aspects, and the psychology of how things are sold to people. I could hardly call it love, but it's an attraction of a sort.

I'm quite enjoying the financial and legal aspects of fashion! Price calculation, computation of advertising budget, the low-price policy of chain stores, high-price policy of high fashion... Fashion remains a business, to me. In the end, it's about the black figures. But my true love will always go to the models, especially newfaces. :heart:

I love this question.... I thought about it for awhile and this is what I came up with!

Fashion, or should I say style, has always been their for me. I was a particular child. I mean, what normal child refuses to wear jeans/pants until the third grade? I wore dresses EVERY day. I can remember sticking to my convictions and telling my mum what I wanted to wear. Fashion taught me how to stick to my beliefs- to think that certain things ought to be a certain way. Yet, it also taught me that sometimes beliefs change and rules are meant to be broken. It also taught me that it's okay to be daring. Its okay to think to yourself, "who cares what others think. If this makes me happy then I am going to wear it!"

One of the first things I think most people learn about me is, I truly care about fashion. A few weeks after beginning college a friend remarked to me, "you know, you always look SO good." My friends never see me in my sweats, not because I don't like them (god knows they are some of the most comfortable things in the world) but because I like to look presentable and polished. I know that I don't look presentable in sweats, so I choose just not to wear them (they might work on other people but sure not on me).

I care about fashion for many reasons. Fashion is about how you project yourself to the world. Sometimes I think I can tell the world more about myself by what I am wearing then by what I write or say. Fashion/style says as much about a person as what they talk about. I also love that special feeling I get when I put on a new dress or a pair of glamourous flats. You feel good, as if you can take on the world. And its true, you can. You can do anything if you have confidence and a nice outfit!

Hi everyone!
So this is exciting: my first post. I found it fitting to make it in this thread.
(I was so excited to check my email and see that I got accepted/the invitation to join hahaha)

I love fashion because it's a creative outlet. The choosing, the expression of emotion, the sharing, the inspiration, the creation.

When you look good, you feel good.
In reply to this: I also believe that when you feel good, you look good.

There are a lot of reasons. First of all, it's plain fun and can be like a hobby. If I'm not feeling well, buying a beautiful coat or a cute bag cheers me up. Like others have said, it's a form of expression. Being well-dressed also gives one more confidence. I agree that when you feel good, you look good AND when you look good, you feel good.

Hi everyone!
So this is exciting: my first post. I found it fitting to make it in this thread.
(I was so excited to check my email and see that I got accepted/the invitation to join hahaha)

I love fashion because it's a creative outlet. The choosing, the expression of emotion, the sharing, the inspiration, the creation.

In reply to this: I also believe that when you feel good, you look good.

Welcome to TFS! :D I like your response too... fashion is such a creative outlet. It lets us express ourselves when other things like writings and words fail us.

I love the fast pace of fashion. It's always changing and yet referencing back to the past, evolving so quickly. There is so much to learn, always there's something new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
honeybabe
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->