Women to receive equal pay at Wimbledon

I am not sure the argument 'they play less' is a good one because then you are discriminating against women for the relatively weaker build than men (not that I know any man who would want to get into fisticuffs with those gigantic Kournikovas or Williams'). I just prefer men's tennis because of the eye candy! Seriously though actually there are some amazing women. I could watch Henin-Hardenne all day.

^and Mauresmo....sooo utterly stylish,they are.

and you know,you're absolutely right in that. women do not have the physical stature of men to even sustain 5 sets.

i also like what Andy Murray had to say about the matter...

CORRECT MOVE
Briton Andy Murray, who joined Haas in the last eight with a 6-3 7-6 win over Dane Kristian Pless, believes it was the correct move.
"I think it's obviously great for women's tennis," Murray said.
"It's probably the only sport in the world where women are making the same money as men. That can really only be a good thing.
"Guys are obviously going to be annoyed if you go and play a five-hour match and then the women play a 45-minute match and they are getting the same money.
"But that's not really the point. Bar some of the top females, a lot of the guys get very good sponsorships. In the smaller tournaments, there's more money on the men's side, so apart from the grand slams, I think there are more tournaments on the men's tour as well."
"It would be the only sport in the world like this, and will maybe make tennis appeal to more fans, so for the four biggest tournaments in the year I guess it's a good thing."
*sports.yahoo.com/ten

i absolutely agree with that. not to mention the women also don't have an annual Masters Series....which is a huge money prize at the end of the year.

AND in terms of athleticism and power, the gap is shortening between men and women. I just hope drugs aren't involved. Anyway tennis is such an artful finesse sport -the only sport that means anything to me -that I don't see the point of being bogged down by petty traditions and inequalities.

I can't look at Mauresmo. She makes me want to check my face in the mirror in the same way watching Ugly Betty does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giuliagiachetti
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->