Ymre Stiekema

Saracita

Reaction score
Ymre was first runner-up in the 2007 EML World Final. She's 15, 5'10, and hails from Gronigen, The Netherlands.
Not exactly my type of girl, but I think she has great potential (love the eyebrows!) ^_^

2ntk29g.jpg
2j68d9z.jpg

ymre.nl

2007 EML winners. Ymre (far right), Jennifer Messelier (left, winner), and Hana Jirickova (second runner-up).

eliteworldfinalprague.com

I almost never like this type of blonde, and I don't think Ymre will be an exception. But the runway shots show some promise, so let's wait and see.

^ Me neither, but I like to think she has it in her to be something more than a conventionally striking blonde.

She has the kind of face that can go from very pretty (almost May Gil-ish in these)...

2lji2ix.jpg
2v98xs3.jpg

...to rather editorial, if you will, when made up (girl needs some new tests asap, though!)

t8993a.jpg
33d8bxd.jpg

elitemodel.nl

she's actually quite fetching in the runway shots and polaroids. i'm not impressed as much by the editorials...though i withold judgment without seeing any other photos of her. she has potential.

wow she looks very much like lily D in the first editorial shot.

Next to the other girls, she looks like a flashback to the supermodel era. A kind of Brooke Shields appeal, almost. I don't think that's a bad thing, though, per se, just unusual by today's standards.

source: blesk.cz

I love the way she looks in post #2, she has potential although I agree that she needs new tests done ASAP

Next to the other girls, she looks like a flashback to the supermodel era. A kind of Brooke Shields appeal, almost. I don't think that's a bad thing, though, per se, just unusual by today's standards.
source: blesk.cz

come to think of it, i actually get more of a niki taylor vibe from her. not that they're remotely similar in appearance - outside of the mole; but like niki, she seems to have a presence about her in the candids - a self assuredness and quiet confidence.

and yes, i kind of see lily d. as well too.

http://www.ymre.nl

Her website.

Actually, she competed in the Dutch Elite Model Look 2006. She became second, and I wondered why she didn't compete in the international version. The girls who became first and thirth did. And I thought Ymre was more beautiful. Beautiful thick hair (very Karen Mulder like), striking eyes, fresh looking skin.

I think the people behind the Dutch Elite agency wanted her to develop a little bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
i was just looking over her pictures again, and does anyone see a little doutzen in her?

Totally not. Maybe that glamourous 'supermodel vibe', but further...

I think it's a mixture of Brookie Shields (eyebrows), a young Karen Mulder (hair, and she also has got the same coloring) and Lily Donaldson (features). All those names were mentioned before in this topic, so this is not my most inventive posting, but that doesn't matter.

Last edited by a moderator:
idk. i think in post #10, the second shot? she reminds me a lot of doutzen. perhaps it's just when she isn't all glammed up!

Ymre is lovely! I hope she follows the steps of Jennifer Messelier and Hana Jirickova, they both did well in the FW 08 shows. I love the mole above her mouth. :wub:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->