Your City's Style?

I live in San Francisco, so there is definitely a wide range. Preppy, ghetto, vintage, hippie, straight-out-of-laguna beach, boho, sporty, soccer moms, legally blonde-style, business suits, every decade can be seen within a 1 block radius. We see it allllll.

hipster boys : long dirty messy hair, band t shirts, ripped jeans.... how original....!

I live in a wealthy community in Ohio, and basically everyone I come across in the 14-20 range dresses the same. It's all Abercrombie and Hollister; whatever's on the racks in those stores. So unoriginal, and it's rare to see someone being adventurous with their own style. The Victoria's Secret PINK sweats tucked into Ugg boots look is unfortunately a trend as well. Purses are mostly from Coach and Dooney & Bourke.

so im in burlington ontario canada...honeslty, at my school there's only about 6 of us who have a sense of style. i go to a private school so we have to wear uniforms, but we have one day a month to wear normal clothes, and everyone just comes in like track pants and big hoodies. its all hollister abercrombie and american eagle. f*ck I HATE IT. in some ways in glad, because i have no competition. its 3 of us stylish guys and 3 stylish girls haha.

1st pic is me and with my friend marc, not exactly the most stylish person, but he definetly has his own sense of style and doesnt listen to anyone.

2nd is my friend leigh, shes always in frye boots and clothes she makes herself.

3rd is me with my friend lora, shes definetly the most stylish person i know. shes always on the verge of whats happening.

4th is me..just hangin lol

5th is my best friend kait, she knows how to dress. she knows how to mix expensive with cheap. like in that pic..shirt was $6, top was $20 and the boots were $300

6th is me again..

Attachments

• IMG_5101.jpg
    IMG_5101.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 17
  • haha!.jpg
    haha!.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_5114.jpg
    IMG_5114.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 13180232_43159486_0.jpg
    13180232_43159486_0.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 12
  • 13751770_45043591_0.jpg
    13751770_45043591_0.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 16
  • Picture 6.jpg
    Picture 6.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 17
Last edited by a moderator:
Argh! New Zealand? 14 year olds? Style?

My peers cannot dress themselves. I am serious. Most girls are wearing flared, light-wash jeans with pink singlet tops and puffy shoes, their straightened hair and big eye makeup. The ones who have some vague sense of style are wearing black skinny jeans with tshirts. I bought brighttt blue skinny jeans (so what if I'm crazy?) and everyone's like 'ZOMG U R A LYK A FREAK LOLLL'. I have to source stylish friends from many other schools.

Boys? Oh, don't get me started. I know a grand total of ONE stylish boy. ONE.

Argh, stupid location.

-G.

Pee Ess. Sorry for the whine.

ms.jade said:
My flat is in Heidelberg/Germany. That means NOT I'm living there. Although many people say it's one of the most beautiful little cities ever (o.k. I agree with that) it's also one of the most boring ones - in my opinion. No places to go etc. everything VERY tourist orientated. I have to live here for university (even if I don't study at the Heidelberg university - one of the oldest in the whole world! But that's a different story!).

As Heidelberg is the most boring city in the world the streetstyle is even worse. I fell kind of exotic and looked at if I go for a coffee e.g. You see I'm rarely here and if I'm here I leave my flat to walk my dog or do some shopping (only FOOD...) or go to work (that's the reason why I'll have to stay here...)

The Heidelbergians (mostly students) wear a kind of a students uniform. I call it the British preppy style (even if I can hardly remember seeing anyone wearing something like that in Britain).

boys/men:
  • timberland boat shoes (in summer AND winter)
  • blue jeans (mostly levi's 501)
  • ralph lauren jumpers (the ones with the little pony in ALL colours, mainly cashmere) with shirts underneath
  • barbour jacket in all colours (green, blue, brown)
  • burberry scarfs (nova check)
The brands are (as already mentioned:( Barbour, Burlington, Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger, Levi's, Timberland, Burberry.
PLEASE don't laugh this is true i don't exxagerate!

images
images
images
images

Girls/women:

• Timberland boat shoes (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) or some shoes like tod's
  • Ralph Lauren sweaters (mainly pink, light blue, etc.)
  • Barbour jackets or some other preppy lookin black woolen coats
  • LONGCHAMP handbags in EVERY colour. You can't walk down the main street without seeing at least 20 students carrying them along
images
images
images
images

That't the university city style. It's very different in other german cities! Heidelberg is a very traditional city. The're many fraternities here and clubs and etc. You come here when your father/grandfather etc. has already studied here and normally go into the same fraternity. Many aristocrats - with no sence of individual style :sick:

I used to like that style but not if EVERYONE has it. I adopted parts of it. So I also own a LONGCHAMP les pliage Handbag but would never combine it with tods etc. I love tod's but... you know. Sometimes the lack of creativity drives me nuts.

oh my goodness... that's exactly the way some of those "I have to show how rich I am" kids dress like. Horrible!
The Majority of the boys wear long hair (and they all look the same).... :sick:
My friends and I call them "Golf kids" :lol: ...

And what I hate most is their arrogance and snootiness in clubs, when they sit in their "vip baloconies" and just watch the people party, while they sit and look like if they lost a golf tournament.:innocent:

ms.jade said:
My flat is in Heidelberg/Germany. That means NOT I'm living there. Although many people say it's one of the most beautiful little cities ever (o.k. I agree with that) it's also one of the most boring ones - in my opinion. No places to go etc. everything VERY tourist orientated. I have to live here for university (even if I don't study at the Heidelberg university - one of the oldest in the whole world! But that's a different story!).

As Heidelberg is the most boring city in the world the streetstyle is even worse. I fell kind of exotic and looked at if I go for a coffee e.g. You see I'm rarely here and if I'm here I leave my flat to walk my dog or do some shopping (only FOOD...) or go to work (that's the reason why I'll have to stay here...)

The Heidelbergians (mostly students) wear a kind of a students uniform. I call it the British preppy style (even if I can hardly remember seeing anyone wearing something like that in Britain).

boys/men:
  • timberland boat shoes (in summer AND winter)
  • blue jeans (mostly levi's 501)
  • ralph lauren jumpers (the ones with the little pony in ALL colours, mainly cashmere) with shirts underneath
  • barbour jacket in all colours (green, blue, brown)
  • burberry scarfs (nova check)
The brands are (as already mentioned:( Barbour, Burlington, Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger, Levi's, Timberland, Burberry.
PLEASE don't laugh this is true i don't exxagerate!

images
images
images
images

Girls/women:

• Timberland boat shoes (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) or some shoes like tod's
  • Ralph Lauren sweaters (mainly pink, light blue, etc.)
  • Barbour jackets or some other preppy lookin black woolen coats
  • LONGCHAMP handbags in EVERY colour. You can't walk down the main street without seeing at least 20 students carrying them along
images
images
images
images

That't the university city style. It's very different in other german cities! Heidelberg is a very traditional city. The're many fraternities here and clubs and etc. You come here when your father/grandfather etc. has already studied here and normally go into the same fraternity. Many aristocrats - with no sence of individual style :sick:

I used to like that style but not if EVERYONE has it. I adopted parts of it. So I also own a LONGCHAMP les pliage Handbag but would never combine it with tods etc. I love tod's but... you know. Sometimes the lack of creativity drives me nuts.

*lol* That's just what the people in my classes look like. I'm a student from Munich. You're right, the combination really has it. But just to defend these guys: Maybe they're searching for identification ( omg what am I writing:D ), in winter it is really cold here and there's a lot of snow, so Timberlands are almost necessary ( I have a no - name - version, too), my longchamp is the most practical handbag I've ever had and some of these guys are really nice...:flower:

... moreover it can be fun NOt to look like that, when surrounded by these people

I used to live in Boston and now I live in Atlanta. The Northeast was much more fashion consious than the South is to say the least!

Currently peple here are just completely rinsing out the jean tucked into boot look except most people aren't wearing tapered jeans with them so they look pretty ridiculous. Also the boots are all pretty clunky looking and I have only seen a handful of ones that are unique or that really stand out. I bring my camera places but am really rarely inspired to take pics of outfits here. Hopefully I will strike gold some time though. :lol:

Aside from the boots, there really isn't a noticable trend. A lot of Beyonce lookalikes and a lot of hipsters but all very generic, I haven't seen many outstanding outfits at all, just samey. :blush:

ugh, try deep south hoochie!! all the bimbo southlake girls with their straightened hair, cleavage baring shirts, and skin-tight jeans with chunky flip flops.
it's a sad sad thing. :(

People in my city either dress very classic or like they haven't bought a new outfit in 20 years. I get a lot of weird looks when I were something interesting. Ahhh

Where do I start?

Girls:
It varies, but here are the basic combonations.
*Tight-*** flare jeans, sparkly Bebe shirts, teensy little hoodie, fake LV, and nikes.
*Again, tight jeans, huge furry parka, barney or sesame street backback, and lace-up snow boots. AND THEY LIVE IN FREAKIN CALIFORNIA.
*Bermuda shorts, keds, American Eagle, huge ugly beads, bug-eye glasses, and vans.
*Jeans, sweatshirt, chucks.

Guys:

*Fugly Ghetto-Gansta XXXL shirts, saggy-looks-like-they've-been-crapped in pants, jerseys, nikes.

..........that's basically it (excluding emos and goths).

Bebe, jerseys and AE are like the epitome of style here. BLECH.

Singapore- In general. Everybody dresses the same. Girls wear skimpy camisoles and jeans/miniskirts with sandals and almost no accessories. Guys wear berms and T shirts. I attend one of Singapore's most pretigious schools and even there, with all the money, girls dress the same. Mostly its a big brand tee shirt and a Balenciaga bag with jeans. Even socialites are homogenous in their dressing. Most of them wear Blue Cult jeans and a Hermes Birkin. One of my close friends, Santos is really stylish though. Effortless vintage chic always.

Melbourne- Chapel street. Tee shirt and berms for guys. The girls wear Chanel sunglasses, jeans or a mini and a camisole.

I live in a very small town, and peole here aren't very fashion focused..

I can post pictures later

we have this huge punk scene where i live (just north of chicago).

boys are more into the whole 'trainspotting' look (nothing elaborate with a few strange details) and girls are more into the pin-up girl look mixed with the 1980s.

also for girls its more of the either bleached blonde hair with a bandana holding it up or its black and choppy down.

for men most of them have brown shorter hair with beards.

There is a bus stop right in front of my apartment, which is across from University of SF, so I get to look at people's fashion any time I want just by looking out the window. I mostly see girls in ballet flats, leggings and jean skirts with layered t-shirts. Also skinny jeans and lots and lots of "boho" girls. xoxo

larichg said:
I live in a very small town, and peole here aren't very fashion focused..

I can post pictures later

I re-considered that, and it's no point in taking pictures, because it would take me ages to find more than 5-10 people looking fashionabe.:doh:

Hmmm... I live in Tampa, Florida, but for some unknown reason (reverse psychology?) everyone insists on dressing like it's about to snow!
Even in the middle of summer, when it can get up to 100 degrees, you see scarves, pants, warm hats and sweaters.

And when its winter (aka 75 degrees) people go all out... furlined parkas, and eskimo boots, etc...

Also, apparently we are one of the goth night club capitals of the world (I've been told...?) and you see alot of very silly looking people with long sweaty/greasy dyed black w/ brght highlights hair, humongus bondage pants, and their makeup basically melting off their faces...

i live in Poland, Bydgoszcz, a quite big city, but not from biggest in this country
in Poland most popular are hm 'white-boots' girls, this means long boots from artificial or plastic leather, worn with short mini-skirts, black tights and also plastic and mostly 'sporty' pink and short jackets. and it looks just disguisting.
if it's a boy, than he wears cheap jeans trousers, jacket from plastic leather and a lot of bling-bling and sport shoes.
and these are two biggest groups. i can also add, that they spend half of their lifes, sunbathing in those solar beds and making nails or tatoos.
others dress normal: mostly black and gray things.
and the last time i met someone dressed really good was long time ago, i think about month ago, at opening of an exhibishion. i think, that there are good dressed people in my country, but few. i think that it's about bravery too,sometimes you can hear mean words or even be punished if you look too weird for normals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->