Yves Saint Laurent . YSL Multimedia

Vivienne Westwood's homage
vogue.fr

westwood.jpg

Christian Lacroix's homage
vogue.fr

please do not quote images. thank you.

Lacroix is on point. I especially like the last sentence: "There was no Yves Saint Laurent revolution because what he proposed had the evidence (obviousness?) of masterpieces evoked by Baudelaire."

Last edited by a moderator:
Vintage YSL platform heels

ebay

omg, that vintage disc necklace is AMAZING!!!! i should visit this thread more often, definitely....

thanks Tylw, I can so how Pilati designs are getting closer to the brand DNA ,,, keep the spirit Stefano.

These pics are amazing! I got to go here when I was in Paris, and it's breathtaking. We weren't allowed to touch anything and the workers had those white suits on. But just being in the same room as those works of art....breathtaking.

thanks Tylw, I can so how Pilati designs are getting closer to the brand DNA ,,, keep the spirit Stefano.

Really? Hope so, Paris fashion needs someone to carry on the YSL legacy. I wasn't bowled over by Pilati at first. The YSL aesthetic requires a rather subtle balance between the genders. And while I see Pilati getting a more masculine edge, I do wonder what would have resulted if Elbaz had stayed. Wasn't he the only successor approved by YSL?

And, also you were right about Carla Bruni's role at the YSL funeral. She has always been one of my favorite models--like some Botticellian abstraction--but I think the initial press coverage of her had been unduly negative (about the marriage, etc.).

YSL Vintage 1980's Gold Coin Bib Necklace

ebay

YSL Vintage 1980's Lucite Link Necklace

wow! :woot:

ebay

YSL Vintage Pink Silk Peasant Blouse

ebay

YSL Vintage Harlequin Silk Organza Dress

ebay

YSL Vintage 1980's Gold Coin Bib Necklace

I remember this collection from the 80's it is called "Talisman", my aunt has a bag from this line.
& your right tylw about Elbaz he was great at YSL he did a graet modern YSL spirit , theoritcaly he succeed but commercialy .. I am not sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->