2004 Oscar Nominees Announced

Discussion in 'the Entertainment Spot' started by *AndoraStar*, Jan 27, 2004.

1. dazzle

dazzle New Member

amen sista

2. bananarama

bananarama New Member

You aren't rooting for Naomi Watts? I haven't seen 21 Grams yet, is Naomi not good in it?

Don't think Diane Keaton should win, would love to see Sofia win for a phenomenal first effort.

3. poo

poo New Member

um why the hell wasnt cate blanchette nominated she is awesome in Veronica guerin.
    and Diana keaton nominate for somethings gotta give come off it that is crapolah.
    I hope Naomi or Keisha (13 yo) win best actress!
    so sad about blanchette though!

4. ignitioned32

ignitioned32 Mannikin

yeah... i think you mean predictions..... of the oscar...... it is all objective there cannot be mistakes. [/b][/quote]
    Oops :P I do mean predictions. :flower:

5. Urban Stylin

Urban Stylin ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

i think charlize shd win it though i havent watched many of those im mainly a kill bill/once upon a time kind of person what id like to advise the ladies is to asess all the couture collections and get what to wear coz the globes were really bad!!

6. hollyslookingdry

hollyslookingdry New Member

I really hope Bill Murray wins! He absolutley amazed me in in Lost in Translation. He's also been great in Royal Tenenbaums and Rushmore. Oooh I just adore him. :heart: He definatley deserves to win.

Not sure who I'm hoping for for Best Picture...Lord of the Rings is by far the most amazing achievement in cinematic history. I mean, the makeup, the costumes, the scenery, the scale of everything, the detail, but also the acting. Everyone did a fantastic job in all three movies but the performances in Return of the King were very moving. I think its time for them to win somehting besides best music or best special effects. Besides LotR I'd like to see Lost in Translation win. One of the best movies I've seen in a long time.

7. Oria

Oria New Member

You aren't rooting for Naomi Watts? I haven't seen 21 Grams yet, is Naomi not good in it?

Don't think Diane Keaton should win, would love to see Sofia win for a phenomenal first effort. [/b][/quote]

I've never cared for Diane Keaton so my opinion is very left or right or something, but it is extreme. I tell you out of all of them Cherlize did a phenomenal job in her role in Monster, she saved the film because the other girl who played alongside her character was such a whiner. Cherlize saved that film. The cast of 21 grams all did an excellent job so it was no real one saving it, and thats how I came to my opinion :flower:

8. lele

lele New Member

dianne is so great in that movie I am thrilled she is nominated she deserves it... a best actor/actress nod does not have to be for a dramatic, epic or portrayal role it should cover all genres.

9. lele

lele New Member

Oops :P I do mean predictions. :flower: [/b][/quote]
    :flower: we know what you meant!!!

i adore bill murray as well... and would love to see him win! i wish jack was in there for supporting...

10. bananarama

bananarama New Member

I've never cared for Diane Keaton so my opinion is very left or right or something, but it is extreme. I tell you out of all of them Cherlize did a phenomenal job in her role in Monster, she saved the film because the other girl who played alongside her character was such a whiner. Cherlize saved that film. The cast of 21 grams all did an excellent job so it was no real one saving it, and thats how I came to my opinion :flower: [/b][/quote]
    Ah. Cool. :P

11. ignitioned32

ignitioned32 Mannikin

Oscars 2004 - And The Winner Should Be...

This is just one of the many predictions I've read and a lot have been saying Lost In Translation should win Best Picture. Hmmm... I think so. Your opinions?

12. purplelucrezia

purplelucrezia New Member

I certainly hope not! I want LTR to win... :unsure:

13. tiffany

tiffany Active Member

I loved Lost in Translation but honestly LOTR should win best picture

14. oceanharlot

oceanharlot stories everywhere

its funny... i saw all of these films, and the ones the author said "should" win, I don't think should, and the ones that will... i think should.

damn confusing language.

15. Belowen

Belowen ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

I do want LOTR to win, and I will be disappointed if it doesn't. It really has set the bar in a lot of ways for future film making, and Peter Jackson certainly deserves best Director. His vision is amazing.

16. Nader

Nader Active Member

The guy who wrote that is a thoroughbred idiot

Both Charlize (who I hope wins) and Keisha both give amazing performances. Diane Keaton was okay, but she doesn't deserve an oscar. I am SO sure she gets the nod for best actress, yet they totally ignore Jennifer Connelly's performance in House of Sand and Fog. I haven't seen In America or 21 Grams, so I can't speak on behalf of either actresses.

For best actor, BEN KINGSLEY should win, hands down. HE WAS AMAZING.

17. ignitioned32

ignitioned32 Mannikin

Absolutely NOT! Nader I hope you know that aside from the acting and playing the character well, the character you're playing should have substance, which is the complete opposite of Ben Kingsly and Jennifer Connely's performance in House of Sand and Fog. :sick: As I wrote in Last Movie You Saw, "The House of Sand and Fog. :yuk: Insufferably pompous and thuddingly dull at the same time, this year-end Oscar contender has already fooled some of the people most of the time.

It had bold strokes but underneath all the wild gesticulating is nothing: no suspense, no characters, no emotional truth, nothing. Watching these characters try to think can cause a headache. As a result, we become disconnected with all of them, and we simply hope and pray for the house to burn down."

18. Scott

Scott Stitch:the Hand

Honestly,I think the two most deserving of "Best Actress" should either go to Charlize or Samantha. My reason would be that they gave two of the most intense performances out of all of them. Of course,as everyone knows,the Oscar commitee is more in tune with drama's so I'm not so sure about Diane Keaton.

19. HBoogie

HBoogie Procrastinator.

And I'm in shock that all these journalists forget about "co-director" Katia Lund.

20. softgrey

softgrey flaunt the imperfection

i didn't see all the performances and i don't really care who wins the oscar :innocent:

i just thought it was interesting to see someone with the same opinion as me-when I left the theatre I was convinced that Christina Ricci can't act and I was annoyed by Charlize Theron's constant ticks and licking her false teeth. I found it distracting and annoying. She's supposed to be doing a charaterization, not an imitation. just because she glammed-down for the part, doesn't mean she should get an award for it...how shallow are we as a society that people get called heroic for being 20 lbs overweight and wearing no make-up? Hell, I do that every day...I must be a saint. :lol:

I wish I had gone to see the documentary about Eileen Wournos instead... :flower:
    that's all... :heart: