2007 MTV Video Music Awards

I heard Rihanna say in the preshow that she's doing a combo of "Shut up and Drive" and "Please Don't Stop the Music" :smile:

did anyone expect more from Britney seriously? She always lip syncs. I knew she could not live up to the expectations of a live performer. They wasted the opening spot on her. Such a shame.

I've never liked Sarah Silverman. She's not funny at all imo. It's one thing to make fun of Britney, but wtf! Leave her kids out of it.

As for Britney - I feel sorry for her. She had a great platform to promote her career and new single, and she blew it. Everything from the ugly hair - to the lipsyncing when she didn't even knew the words to her own song and the dancing disappointed me. She looked nervous and lost. She just made a fool of herself. Again.

Oh, just saw Britney at ONTD and like many of you, I am so underwhelmed. Poor thing. :(
I can't wait to see Rihanna! I really hope she does "Please, Don't Stop The Music"!!

Britney sucked. she looked like a big blob in that outfit and she was incredibly awkward. She used to be good at those performaces bc she had the best people choreographing them and she was trained. she is totally out of it now and the was really no way that it was gonna be good.

i feel like cartman when he runs of out laughs cause he thinks he saw the most ridicoulos thing on his life.

i generally find these low and embarassing performances hilarious and love to make fun it but now i cant, really.

and i dont like the whole ''bands playin in the suites'' thing, at all

Yeah, Britney seemed very nervous and unsure of herself. I think she looked pretty though. Maybe the wig could've been better, but other than that, she looked good.

I guess I certainly expect more from Britney. She seemed limp. IMO. she looks better than ever, but her dancing abilities seem extraordinarily lacking. It would all have been better with dungeons and a whip.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow Britney...did she stay up too late? She looked totally out of it.

Can they make the lip-synching any more obvious? She was basically trying to strip-dance to the music (and very awkwardly too). It looked like a practice session.

britney's performance was so dissapointing, i've been playing her im a slave for you performance from 2000 (which i still remember watching when i was 10 in my parents bedroom...dancing along :smile:) over and over...she was so good live, what happened?!

her 2000 vma performance on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBeID7g5bNo

Any more style pics? This is a style thread after all.

Oh my god :doh:

I just watched the video on ONTD.

Jesus, I had somewhat high expectations. Britney may not be the best singer but she was a great entertainer. It's a shame to see her so lifeless on the stage that she used to own.

Criticism (and federline and two children) must have taken a toll on her. For old nostalgia's sake, I really wanted her to blow everybody away. Unfortunately, she looks like she was forced and manipulated onto stage. Sigh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, just saw Britney at ONTD and like many of you, I am so underwhelmed. Poor thing. :(
I can't wait to see Rihanna! I really hope she does "Please, Don't Stop The Music"!!

Me too... I was really really looking foward to her performance.

On a higher note, Chris Brown killed it, and looked too sexy to describe. :brows:

I guess she just lost it over the years as a performer. Just some training and I believe she will get it back!

Criticism (and federline and two children) must have taken a toll on her. For old nostalgia's sake, I really wanted her to blow everybody away. Unfortunately, she looks like she was forced and manipulated onto stage. Sigh.

Probably. Yeah. :(

Jesus, I had somewhat high expectations. Britney may not be the best singer but she was a great entertainer. It's a shame to see her so lifeless on the stage that she used to own.

exactly. i think i'll blame it on mtv. it was on them to put up something incredible for her performance, instead they only used her ''big comeback'' as a free press and publicity and threw her onstage like an animal in a cage in a zoo.

VMA style anyone????

i didnt see that much style going on.
the red carpet thing was so lame, they showed like 10 people in total.

i can tell you beyonce looks terrible. she looks like she has some tent wrapped around her:|

^ I totally agree about Beyoncé's dress.

As for VMA style - I didn't like Alicia Keys' outfit and hair at all. On a couple of the photos she looks like a female (male!) bodybuilder with too much fake tan and her hair was pulled back too tight.

Rihanna's dress and hair was awesome though! :heart:

I know it's more about style but everybody's kinda....reeling at how bad Britney was :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trashmagic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->