3.1 Phillip Lim F/W 13.14 : Kiko M, Louis S & Black Shadow by But Sou Lai

Flashbang

Mr. Magic
Reaction score
Phillip Lim isn’t a fan of faking it. So instead of mocking up a set to shoot the film for his Technicolor Fall ’13 collection, which was designed with “the partners, girlfriends, and lovers of the racer generation in mind,” the designer jetted off to Japan. “Tokyo street style is so synonymous with tribes and subcultures that it seemed the natural place to capture the spirit of the collection,” Lim told Style.com. “We wanted to be sure the authenticity was not lost. We didn’t want to re-create anything, so naturally, we went to Tokyo.” Titled Sonomama—a Japanese phrase meaning “as you are”—the film (directed by James Lin and shot by Eduard Grau) and corresponding campaign (lensed by But Sou Lai) star Japanese actress Kiko Mizuhara, Louis Simonon, and real-deal Japanese rockabilly gang Black Shadow; they run, dance, and ride black and silver motorcycles through Tokyo’s neon-lit streets. “I wanted to capture a modern-day tribe,” added Lim. “Cross-cultural, individual characters, whose expressions and passions make a whole.” Catch the film’s debut, above, and take a first look at the campaign, below, exclusively on Style.com.
style.com

Attachments

• 3.1-Phillip-Lims-Fall-13-Campaign.jpg
    3.1-Phillip-Lims-Fall-13-Campaign.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 113
1001368_503409466401609_1604151897_n.jpg

Facebook/Manifesto Magazine

Well, when I saw the collection, and any of Phillip Lim's collections, I can't say I quite imagined the 3.1 Phillip Lim customer to be the type to be slow-mo descending stairs with her posse.
The clothes really don't fit with the portrayal at all, can one imagine her whacking up the zip of her beautiful pink leather coat to jump on the back of a motorbike? His designs are too chic to be conveyed as if they were by Hedi Slimane with a sense of humour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kittyofsecrets
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->