3D Flowers S/S 07

Kimkhuu, sorry I know. I wasn't sure if they would go either, but I thought i saw some flower prints in Mr.Dale's posts. But now I see I was wrong :blush:

The dresses are absolutely gorgeous! theres something about the flowers that makes them extremely romantic :heart: :heart: :heart:

I really like the trend, as long as its done subtly. Chanel was fun to see on the runway, but if you tried it in the streets....:lol:

oceanharlot said:
i like some aspects of this idea.

however- isn't this a quick throwback to the giant flower pin trend that happened like what 3? 4? years ago?

More creatively worked out then I guess. Now that you mention it, I immediatly remember some SATC episodes from those days B)

There were some leafy vine-like details at Thakoon:

00190m.jpg

00200m.jpg

00240m.jpg

00310m.jpg

(style.com)

i wonder if what was done at ysl could be considered part of the trend. they were mostly ruffles and pompoms, but sometimes they were done to look like flowers, at least in my eyes

00040m.jpg
00050m.jpg
its like a rosette on the shoulder

00090m.jpg
00120m.jpg
field of flowers vibe

00100m.jpg
00190m.jpg

00310m.jpg
00320m.jpg
def floral

00340m.jpg
00370m.jpg

style.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Regarding is they really were intended to be flowers (they certainly seem so sometimes!) I think they are all fantastic. The ruffled blouses are ultra-chic :heart:

The white Chanel dress Gemma has on is lovely. ^_^ But that could be because I love Gemma and white dresses and those gorgeous Chanel shoes :heart:

I think we're confusing tons of concepts here...! Leaves and ruffles are not 3D flowers!

When their understated, maybe, but some of the runways were over the top with flowers.

I love this =) Flowers are so pretty and feminine. The Fendi Spy with the decorations are beautiful too!

Kimkhuu said:
Leaves and ruffles are not 3D flowers!
let's not forget inspiration, kim. i think the ruffles at YSL are very flower-ish and fit perfectly into this thread.
it'd be a little hard being so specific about the tendencies since everyone does it in their very own way. and it's so much better to see the entire idea here rather than jumping from thread to thread to see the same thing.

love the rochas flowers..and the YSL ones as well. :heart:

I love this trend! I can imagine it coming off as very cheap-looking if duplicated poorly by less expensive lines. That white Fendi dress is to die for.

I loved the leaf details at Thakoon :heart:

Roksanda Ilincic
ri01.jpg
ri12.jpg

ri09.jpg
ri07.jpg

John Rocha
jr01.jpg
jr29.jpg

[FUK.CO.UK]

Lovely at Maurizio Pecoraro, a collection indeed 'inspired by the idea of a Japanese garden':

00120m.jpg
00230m.jpg

style.com

three d flowers are big f/w 06 too. they are all over the runways, maybe we should make this thread for both of them

I love Thakoon, his designs are so innovative and fresh! I especially like the flower detailing, thanks for the pics =)

masquerade said:
three d flowers are big f/w 06 too. they are all over the runways, maybe we should make this thread for both of them
definitely. ^_^

Yves Saint Laurent FW06
00390m.jpg

00500m.jpg

00350m.jpg

[style.com]

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rachelmartini