44-yr-old Marcia Cross pregnant with 1st child

cosmogrl5

Fashionably Late
Reaction score
44-yr-old Marcia Cross pregnant with 1st child Quote:
Marcia Cross is pregnant with her first child, her publicist confirms.
The Desperate Housewives actress, 44, wasted no time starting a family after exchanging "I do's" with first husband, 48-year-old stockbroker Tom Mahoney, on June 24. She is due in April, when Housewives will be wrapping production on Season 3.

In 2005, Cross expressed her strong desire to have a child. "I definitely want to be a mom — whether I have to have my own or not, we'll see," she told USA TODAY. Cross was well aware of the risks associated with later-in-life pregnancies, and spoke frankly that she might feel more confident adopting or even hiring a surrogate.

Many new mothers in their 40s, she said, rely on donated eggs — at a very costly price tag. "I don't like the average woman being misled into thinking that fertility is something that goes on forever," said Cross.

"When a woman gets older, they get donor eggs, which doesn't make the baby any less beautiful or perfect. One's own eggs only last so long, and sometimes at 43 or 44 you can have your own baby, but statistically it's very difficult and expensive. You don't want to wait that long."

Earlier — when her TV character's son was revealed to be gay, the actress told the paper, "I'll be lucky to have a child; may they be whatever they want to be."

Producers were still deciding whether to incorporate Cross' pregnancy into the storyline. In the Oct. 1 show, the second episode of the new season, the actress' character, uptight Bree, will wed Kyle MacLachlan's mysterious and potentially dangerous Orson. Season 3 of ABC's Desperate Housewives premieres Sept. 24.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/...tm?POE=LIFISVA

I wonder if it's biologically her's?

Earlier — when her TV character's son was revealed to be gay,

uptight Bree, will wed Kyle MacLachlan's mysterious and potentially dangerous Orson.

Wow, they just throw every storyline ever created into Desperate Housewives :rolleyes: Bree is probably going to end up giving birth to quadruplets, getting brain cancer and then battling vampires.

isnt she a bit old to be starting a family? women should not wait that long in life to have children as the risks are way higher for both mother and child both physically and mentally!

beautiful news. it was really showing on her face and behaviour how much she must have been suffering from not having a child yet :smile:

litchickuk said:
isnt she a bit old to be starting a family? women should not wait that long in life to have children as the risks are way higher for both mother and child both physically and mentally!

Yeah, but I guess she wanted to wait until she was married to have kids. Not sure if she was married before, but maybe the timing wasn't right for her way back then. Hopefully, she will have a healthy pregnancy. It will be interesting to see her with some meat on her! :lol:

I think it`s disgusting. Seriously!

"I`m rich so the laws of nature don`t apply for me"...:yuk:

There is are biological and social reasons that women have their menopause and shouldn`t have children after 35:

-The older the mother the riskier the pregnany.
-She`ll believed to be the grandmother when she brings her child to school
-She probably won`t live to see her grandchildren (->disturbed family structure)

^ Biological and social reasons don't mean a thing once you have a child. So what if she's 44 years old, this is her first child! Let Marcia Cross bask in the glow of pregnancy instead of bringing her down. She knows of the dangers that lie ahead, like any other mother that has a child past 35, and I'm sure she's going to take a long rest after DH Season 3 wraps up to make sure her baby will be safe.

I, for one, am very happy that she's having a child! I hope the baby inherits her red hair!

Congrats and best wishes to Marcia!!!! I'm very happy for her. She really wants a baby, planning properly for it taking into account the risks involved.

Heroin_Chic said:
There is are biological and social reasons that women have their menopause and shouldn`t have children after 35:

this is a reason not to have a child??? what other people are going think of it? :shock::blink::shock:
[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]

congrats marcia :flower:

Laws of nature? Come on, my mum started her menopause at 58! It's more dangerous to have children past 40 but it can be done and it has nothing to do with the fact that she has money - my mother had me when she was 39 and I can tell you that she wasn't a rich woman! Cherie Blair had a baby at an older age which was a bit risky but she is fine and so is the baby.

My mother is a great mother, she had a life before she had me, she was strong and healthy and so is Marcia. She has had life experience, she has had a life and now she is ready to settle down with a permanent family that will benefit everyone within it.

Besides, women can suffer complications with childbirth at ANY age. Heck, my cousin had a miscarriage at 21.

If she lives until she is 90-95 which is completely possible, maybe even 100, then her child would be over 40 when she died. I think that's just fine. (I'm 21 and my dad is 69. My mum is 60 for the record).

I doubt she took this decision lightly and i'm happy for her. She's a smart, polite, poised and intelligent woman and I wish her all the best.

Heroin_Chic said:

There is are biological and social reasons that women have their menopause and shouldn`t have children after 35

well, i'll be sure to tell both my grandmother and my own mom that they have disturbed the foundations of society by having kids past ***gasp*** 35!!!!!!!!!
really grandma, how could you be so selfish???
geez.....
:lol:

^^ HAHA I wonder how my mum would react if I called her granny :lol:

Heroin_Chic said:

-The older the mother the riskier the pregnany.
-She probably won`t live to see her grandchildren (->disturbed family structure)

You think its disgusting, how sad...people have the right to choose when they can have a kid and Im sure is she is aware what happens if she has a kid later in life.

Note to self: tell my mum she is disgusting for having me at the age of 37.

Heroin_Chic said:

Are you for real? you really should think before you say something that bizarre.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sonnyjonny
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->