44-yr-old Marcia Cross pregnant with 1st child

35 is not really a problem but otherwise I'm with Heroin Chic on this mainly because I dont believe in so many things if they are not done the natural way and I am highly suspicious of all pharmaceuticals. I think messing about unnecessarily is an arrogant approach to the natural world. Furthermore I have old parents and they just didnt have the energy that younger parents did when I was growing up. Therefore it isnt just detrimental to the child, it is detrimental to the parents. Marcia Cross isnt too bad but look at these women giving birth in their 50s and 60s. It is horrific.

I don't understand though - the article didn't specifically state that she used artificial means of fertilization...?

Marcia Cross' Dual Delivery

The Desperate Housewives star and her husband, Tom Mahoney, welcomed fraternal twin girls named Eden and Savannah in Los Angeles Tuesday, Cross' publicist confirmed to E! News.
"Mother and babies are all doing well," the rep said in a statement.
The girls are the first children for Cross and Mahoney, who tied the knot in June 2006. The couple first announced the pregnancy in September and later amended their proclamation to reflect they were expecting twins.
At the time she went public with her pregnancy, Cross said she was due in April 2007, meaning that the twins were probably born several weeks early—a common occurrence in multiple births.
Though the 44-year-old actor said in December that her pregnancy had been free of complications, her doctor put her on bed rest last month as a precautionary measure.
Because a non-pregnant Bree Van de Kamp's presence was still required on Wisteria Lane, production of the ABC show was temporarily relocated to Cross' home, where several scenes were filmed in order to wrap up her character's storyline.
Even if she hadn't been confined to bed, Cross would have had to hang up her Desperate housecoat soon anyway, as her swelling belly had become impossible to hide on camera.
While Cross admitted to Extra in December that she was initially "really freaked out" and "terrified" to learn she was expecting not one, but two babies, her fears soon turned to excitement.
"I won the lottery at my age to have two," Cross said.
http://www.eonline.com/news/article/index.jsp?uuid=c7daabb6-8d86-4fe2-99a1-0924179dab64

Cute baby names! ^_^

Yay!!! Congrats. The names are cute....I can totally see Marcia picking them out.

Congrats to Marcia and her husband! I :heart: Eden, but I'm biased - I have a beloved brother with that name ^_^

I like the name Eden, but I didn't know that was a legit name....I thought it was just another pretentious Hollywood name.

dlg

daddyslittlegrl8 said:
I like the name Eden, but I didn't know that was a legit name....I thought it was just another pretentious Hollywood name.

dlg

My mother picked it for my brother after reading the Jalna novels by Mazo de la Roche - there was a male character named Eden who she adored. The books were written in the 1920's and 1930's, I think, and the early ones were set in the 1800's. But everyone assumes she got it from the soap Santa Barbara which makes her really mad :D

Anastasia said:
But everyone assumes she got it from the soap Santa Barbara which makes her really mad :D

That's where my mom got the name, I'm not even kidding ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omukai
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->