A Question For The Gentlemen

Seamless

Reaction score
What winter coats will you be wearing this season? I am looking to buy a present for my BF. He has already got a parka, so I would like something completely different

Thanks

I will be wearing my dior homme overcoat from last winter in an army green/brown. Pretty classic w/ a killer silhouette, single breasted, but with just enugh edge.
I'll also be wearing a military inspired Jil Sander corduroy (army green) coat w/ stand up collar for casual wear.
A colllection of cashmere scarfs will be keeping things extra warm.

yoox.com has some GREAT dior overcoats from last winter that have yet to be rivaled this season IMO
http://www.yoox.com/us/item.asp?codice8=41...&rr=1&areaid=35

I'll be wearing a black Ralph Lauren double breasted kneelength wool coat which I bought last year. It's like a formal peacoat (?), sort of marine...

An old black nylon Prada down jacket, very timeless and clean.

One of my most prized vintage finds, a sharply tailored 60s tweed coat in navy blue.

A fur-lined black polyester Prada jacket. It's thigh length with raglan sleeves, has elastic at the waist (on the back) and a hood. It's sort of like a 40s ski jacket, only a bit bizzare because of the "canvas-ey" outer material.

And to go with these, cashmere and camel scarves in black.

I'll suggest for you to go for corduroy and olive/army green ... you'll have to keep in mind you B/f's picks, though ... thrift store shopping may be a really good choice ... some guys love the look of old clothing cuz is comfty and seen as an added value ...

knee length black tailored coat with black silk lining and a big lapele

and also a black helmut lang coat with fur trim hood

Dior Monsieur double-breasted notch-lapel overcoat with subtle herringbone weave.

I think it depends on your boyfriend's style preferences. For example my boyfriend wouldn't be caught dead in a cord or army coat but there are a lot of guys that like that style. I find that many guys normally fall into two categories: those who like neutral colours such as blue, brown or kakhi and those who will only buy things in grey or black

On daily basis I'll be wearing my grey Swedish Navy Coat redon by Marc Le Bihan.
To go out I wear my camel Costume National coat, 3/4, single breast, very classic.

Originally posted by Alejandro@Oct 30th, 2003 - 10:13 pm
Hot Pink Vintage knee lenght trench coat!!! :lol: :lol:
I cutted the jacket now,its at waist level, I fitted it to my body and airbrushed it with acid green stripes :buzz: ready for summer!!... and with the rest of it, I made a mini skirt for my friend :lol:

Ill be wearing the same Army coat that our boys in the Gulf are wearing (Even though I dont approve of this war, or Britains part in it)
I saw a Moschino jacket just like it, but thought I would get the original.
(army stuff is really expensive by the way, the quality stuff is anyway, and its hard to find a good retailer).
I also saw a pretty DKNY Jacket for £210. Sorry, but I can't describe it.

Originally posted by ahhGucci@Jan 30th, 2004 - 5:11 pm
Ill be wearing the same Army coat that our boys in the Gulf are wearing (Even though I dont approve of this war, or Britains part in it)
I saw a Moschino jacket just like it, but thought I would get the original.
(army stuff is really expensive by the way, the quality stuff is anyway, and its hard to find a good retailer).
I also saw a pretty DKNY Jacket for £210. Sorry, but I can't describe it.
' Good on yer !!! ' , to your first comment B)

' Patriotism ' and fashion CAN meld in a significant way . :innocent:

Maybe I should substitute , ' pride in one's country ' for ' patriotism ' to satisfy those keen on political correctness . :unsure:

KIT :wink:

PS

to keep on point , I'm wearing a padded Issey Miyake black nylon parachute coat in the feezing snow and the dank wetness up here in north UK . :yuk:

KIT B)

noone mentioned it but why not a white wool 3/4 length coat? I think winter white loosk awesom on a guy and is pretty versatile depending on the cut and shape. Still, it depends on his tastes, he may not want to wear something u need drycleaned at least once a week

dl

Originally posted by dl20@Jan 30th, 2004 - 9:37 pm
noone mentioned it but why not a white wool 3/4 length coat? I think winter white loosk awesom on a guy and is pretty versatile depending on the cut and shape. Still, it depends on his tastes, he may not want to wear something u need drycleaned at least once a week

dl
Mmm, because it'll go from white to grey in two weeks :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->