Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Blue

Mother Agency: Busy Models

Agencies: Giant Management, IMG Sydney

giantmanagement

Last edited by a moderator:
Abbie Heath

Tell us about yourself.
My name is Abbie Heath, and I’m a teenage model from Queensland, Australia.

What is beauty to you and how do you define beauty?
There is no way to define beauty, because it’s different for everyone. What one person perceives as ‘beauty’ may not be someone else’s perception. I believe there is beauty in everyone and everything. Sometimes you just have to look a little harder to see it.

How did you get discovered as a model?
My mum and I were just reading an article on a modeling agency when we though we’d just send off some photos and see what they had to say back. One thing led to another and now here I am!

What do you like and dislike about the modeling industry?
There are so many positives to the modelling industry, like you get to travel to some amazing places, meet some amazing people and wear some jaw-dropping clothes. However, with the positives come the negatives, like working long hours, wearing some painful heels and the inevitable criticism. Fortunately I haven’t experienced much of the negatives.

What are some memorable moments on set?
I loved being on set for the L’Officiel shoot. I got to work with an amazing team and wear some gorgeous clothes. I also got to play with a tiny little bunny rabbit! Shooting with Peter Alexander was also extremely fun as the set was amazing and the clothes were uber cute.

Are you partial towards runway or editorials/portraits? Why or why not?
I love editorials as I feel like I’m also acting. I love being able to be in the character and portray emotions through the photos.

If you weren’t pursuing modelling, what alternate career path would you propose?
I’m still young, so I haven’t really figured out what I’d like to do. But I love writing, so I’d love to be a journalist or in the media. I would also love to be a psychologist, as I find the human mind interesting.

What are some common misconceptions about the modelling industry?
“You must have so much money from modeling!” when in reality a lot of models actually go into debt and have to work our butts off to get out of it. It actually takes a long time before you start to make lucrative money.

Tell us about your L’Officiel magazine cover.
Getting the L’Officiel cover was such a big deal for me. It really boosted my career and got me a lot of exposure. To be honest I didn’t expect to make the cover, so when I found out I had gotten it, I was super excited!

What photographers or designers do you dream of working with in the near future?
Donatella Versace or Marc Jacobs for sure!

How do you stay healthy?
I’m a real health activist. I believe in maintaining a healthy and balanced diet and doing regular exercise. I naturally have a fast metabolism, so I’ve never really been too strict on my diet, but I still always try and eat healthily (as well as indulge in some goodies!) and I’ve always loved sport, so being active has never been a struggle.

Who and what inspire you?
There are a lot of people who inspire me, all for many different reasons. Emma Watson is a big inspiration (yes, I’m a Harry Potter fan) as she is such a down to earth, genuine person, despite all the fame and riches she possesses.

What songs are on your personal playlist?
I love anything by Two Door Cinema Club, The Killers, The Kooks, The Wombats, Phoenix, MGMT, Arctic Monkeys, The Naked and the Famous, Angus & Julia Stone, Cults and Chet Faker.

What are three things most people don’t know about you?
1. I surf.
2. My lucky number is 13.
3. Elephants are my favourite animal.

therawbook.com

L’Officiel Singapore February 2013
Photographer: Chuando & Frey
Stylist: Jumius Wong
Hair:Graneil Low and Mei Zhao
Makeup: Nigel Stanislau Ng

fashiongonerogue

Sticks + Stones 'Dirty Blonde'
Photographer: Janneke Storm
Stylist: Sticks + Stones Agency
Hair: Bree Shanahan
Makeup: Kate Shanahan

beachriot.com

Abbie Heath

Q: Having the same name and similar flawless features to Aussie supermodel, Abbey Lee, do people often say you look like her?
I often get told i resemble the Aussie supermodel Abbey Lee, truthfully its such a huge compliment to be compared to someone as gorgeous and successful as her.

Abbey Lee has always been one of my all time favourite models!

Q: How did you start modelling?
Modelling has always been something I've wanted to get into, but I never really thought I had what it took. My mum sent in some photos of me to Busy Models and one thing lead to another and now here I am!

Q: Do you remember your first shoot?
oh I remember being extremely nervous and excited! Fortunately I got to work with a patient and talented team that made me feel very comfortable.

Q: You were recently signed to IMG Models Australia, how does it feel to instantly have an international agency family?
Being signed to IMG was such an achievement for me, I can remember scrolling through their website gawking at all the models, I never thought that one day I would actually be one of them!

Q: You recently travelled overseas, tell us about it?
I recent travelled to Singapore on a direct booking. It was my first time travelling overseas for modelling, so it was definitely an eye-opening experience! I got to shoot with the extremely talented Chuando and Frey for an editorial and the cover of L'officiel. I got to wear some absolutely gorgeous labels and meet some incredibly talented people.

Q: Modeling surprised you when...?
Every shoot I do surprises me! I have learnt to expect the unexpected

Q: Where do you see yourself as a model?
I would love to establish myself in the industry, score some major campaigns, walk for some amazing designers and hopefully inspire other young models.

Q: Who is your idol?
Cara Delevigne and Barbara Palvin, as they both have a lot of personality and they both started modelling at a young age and have already established themselves in the industry!

Q: Can you tell us about any exciting work coming up?
There are a few things being thrown around at the moment, however nothing confirmed. Keep your eyes peeled for future work!

Q: What's your dream gig?
I would just love to score a major campaign for Burberry or Marc Jacobs

Q: Why do you want to be a model?
Just to have the opportunity to travel the globe, meet amazing people, make some money and have the experience of a life-time!

Q: Busy Models are big on teaching their girls the right way to walk and what to wear to castings - do you practice your strut?
My hallway in my house is my bestfriend when it comes to practising my walk! There is nothing I enjoy more then whacking on some heels and doing a little strut down the hallway!

I have had a few walking lessons in the past to get me on the right track as well.

Q: How did you learn to pose for the camera?
I was never really taught how to pose for the camera, it's something that has come pretty naturally. The more shoots I do, the more skills I gain and the more comfortable I become.

Q: Are you shy?
I'm definitely not a loud or boisterous person, however I am not exactly shy either.

Q: MBFWA is just around the corner, are you going to castings?
Unfortunately I am just a tad to young for MBFWA, but keep me on your radar for next year.

Q: Who is your favourite Australian designer/label?
Jac + Jack, Sarah Phillips, Bassike and Zimmermann.

Q: Exercise?
I play alot of sports and just try be as active as possible.

Q: Food?
Oooh, I love sushi, fried rice and ceasar salad.

Q: Do you believe in the Miranda Kerr 80/20 rule?
I believe eating in moderation is the key to being healthy, so Miranda's rule is definitely a good guide-line to go by.

Q: Justin Bieber or Kanye West?
Truthfully neither of them tickle my fancy

pony-ryder.com

Power of Faith by Katriena Emmanuel for Touchpuppet

touchpuppet.com

United Arab Emirates 'Luxury' Magazine
Styling - Katie Trotter & Nadia El Dasher
Hair - Jenny Kim
Make Up - Claire Thomson

busymodels

thevanishingarerunning.blogspot.com.au

Last edited by a moderator:
"White Shadows" Photographed by Kat Keo
Photography: Kat Keo
Makeup: Sheri Vegas
Hair: Sheri Vegas
Styling: Alana Ferguson

s.papercutmag.com

She has such incredible bone structure. Still looks quite young. Do you know how old she is?

Abbie Heath
Sydney Fashion Week
SS15 TOTAL: 7
OPENED: 0 | CLOSED: 0

Ae'Ikemi
Alice McCall
Dion Lee
Discount Universe
Duvenage
Emma Mulholland
Michael Lo Sordo

Alice McCall 2014.15 Sydney