About Being a Celebrity Stylist

MsBeej

Reaction score
I was approached to style a celeb, well she's actually a semi-celeb, kind of d-list but still a personality, for fashion week. I'm a freelance stylist but at this point I only have editorial experience. I definately know some designers who would lend, but my question is who is responsible for damage? When I style shoots I'm always making sure the models don't damage the clothes, each piece of jewelry is accounted for, etc.

So does anyone know how it works for styling people for events (when I can't get a letter of responsibility)? Do I make sure she signs a contract I make up? I want to protect myself from having to pay for any damages to garments/accessories... :unsure:

I was thinking about posting it there, but this is more of a specific question and not about becoming a stylist... I dunno, lol! :P Maybe it will be merged later...

I also have read that WHOLE thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know too much about it ... but one time I had a D list celeb in tow when I was pulling for her because I wanted to have her do fittings at the showrooms, before I pulled and she was eager to see how it all worked anyway. It was for an article about her, so I had a pull letter, in this case. But ... I got the distinct idea that they (the designers and their publicists) did not care if I had one or not. They all asked her if she had red carpet events and told her to just let them know ... they were really pushing their stuff on her.

So it should be easy to pull ... just let them know who it is and what it's for. As far as who is responsible, ask them to show you their contract ... and ask them if you cannot be responsible, who do they intend to charge damage and loss to. They might be willing to waive that ... if they want the celeb in those clothes that much and that would be what I'd try to get them to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks BetteT! You're always so helpful! :flower: I'll see what happens...

How to style celebrities?

Dear All,

I was wondering what is the best way to approach celebrities to style them for red carpet events?

Thanks

My guess would be that no one starts out styling celebs for red carpet events..
Red carpet events are a big deal and require a lot of trust that is ideally build up though years of doing lesser styling tasks for a celeb.

Everyone dreams of one day just waking up and being a celebrity stylist. It's not easy I know a girl who is a freelance stylist and she never has any money. She is also very stressed out. I still want to be a stylist one day...but who knows.

You need to start off small very small..like being an intern then becoming and assistant then when you meet the right people at the right time you will network and ask them for a chance to style them...

Dear All,

I was wondering what is the best way to approach celebrities to style them for red carpet events?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marinamelolp
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->