Acne Studios S/S 2023 Paris

Wonderful collection from Acne. I love the main concept of subversive cuteness, it works pretty well and even if it's slightly pretentious, it's still interesting and joyful. The bows reminded me of Viktor&Rolf, but I'm not gonna complain about that as they were a nice touch.

I’m very into the distressed knits and leathers, the fringe dresses and look 46, which is good in spite of its cheesiness…other things are too faux avant-garde for my taste, seem poorly done and/or not very well thought out.

Those suits are terrible!!! I get the trashy alterations, but please, they are disgusting.

The final three dresses were great though.

Rather fond of the knits, some of the gingham and the use of of fringing.

As per usual though with Acne, I don't fully get the collection. A lot of things going on all at once so I'm looking at this and thinking "hold on what?". They don't really do well with super directed collections either mind you, often highlights their shortcomings.

I don’t know, it makes me think of a destroyed, angry version of miu miu resort 2012, the vichy print, and miu miu in general. Not for me

i love half of it and the other half is pretty, bad really

the music was awful.

Why is this on a fashion calendar?!?
Its a bad department store label, and nothing more than that. Is a Uniqlo show next?!?

I do not recognise this label anymore.
From their sound, utilitarian-with-a-twist early days they have, very determinedly and obstinately, tried to forge a more desegner-y, avant-garde appeal that does not sound convincing in the least.
It looks like they got a "what-edgy-designers-do-these-days" trend report from WGSN and based their collection on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
christyshaw61
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->