Adam Levine

Kenysha75

Reaction score
Adam Noah Levine (born March 18, 1979) is an American singer-songwriter and guitarist. He is the frontman for the pop rock band Maroon 5.
Early life

Levine was born in Los Angeles, California, the son of Patricia (née Noah) and Fredric Levine. His uncle is Slate writer and editor Timothy Noah. He has a brother, Michael. Levine is of Jewish background. When he was six, he made the winning shot of his local YMCA championship basketball game (on a team his father coached) with seconds left on the clock. He has said that the incident changed his life, gave him the confidence to be successful, and turned him "into an optimist…and a bit of a cocky son of a b*tch."
adam-levine.jpg

Levine attended Frenchwoods Festival of the Performing Arts Camp (Hancock, NY), where he met the original members of the band Kara's Flowers: Jesse Carmichael, Mickey Madden and Ryan Dusick. He attended Brentwood School (Los Angeles, California) in Los Angeles as part of the class of 1997.
Kara's Flowers

In 1997, the band released an album titled The Fourth World. That same year the band appeared on an episode of Beverly Hills, 90210. The album had little success, and its only single, "Soap Disco", failed commercially. Disappointed with the results of their album, the band went on hiatus and went their separate ways.

Levine and bandmate Carmichael left Los Angeles to study at Five Towns College, a small liberal arts school in Dix Hills, Long Island, New York.[citation needed] This was the first time the two Los Angeles natives were exposed to a completely different music scene, a cultural awakening for the young men.On MTV News in 2002, Levine said, "That's when I started waking up to the whole hip hop, R&B thing. We had friends named Chaos and shi*. It was not Brentwood High."
Maroon 5 and mainstream success

During this time, Levine worked a two-week stint as a waiter at Johnny Rockets.After dropping out of Five Towns College, Levine and Jesse reunited with Mickey and Ryan, but added former Square guitarist, James Valentine in 2001. Renaming the band Maroon 5, Levine and his friends began to compile all of their newfound musical influences into their music. While Levine was working as a writer's assistant on the television show "Judging Amy," he spent time writing the lyrics about his ex-girlfriend, Jane. Those lyrics became the album "Songs About Jane."
Other work

Levine has collaborated with various musical acts. In 2005, Levine was featured on the Ying Yang Twins song "Live Again" and later appeared on Kanye West's Late Registration album, on the third single, "Heard 'Em Say". He is also featured in the song "Wild Horses" on Alicia Keys' third album Alicia Keys: MTV Unplugged. Over the next year, he co-wrote the track "Say It Again" on Natasha Bedingfield's album N.B.. He also performed the background vocals on this song. Most recently, Levine offered his talents on K'naan's newest album "Troubadour" in the song "Bang Bang."

Levine has made several notable comic appearances on television. During 2007, he appeared on the 33rd season premiere of Saturday Night Live in an SNL Digital Short called Iran So Far with Andy Samberg, Fred Armisen and Jake Gyllenhaal. Levine played himself while singing a humorous bridge to a "love song" for Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. In 2008, he appeared on Comedy Central's "Night Of Too Many Stars". Levine also had a cameo on Jimmy Kimmel Live for the night of stars and endorsed Barack Obama in the 2008 Presidential Election.

In October 2008, Levine collaborated with First Act to create the First Act 222 Guitar, fashioned to Levine's specifications. The guitar was made available for purchase at Target retail stores.

Levine and the rest of Maroon 5 appear in the upcoming film Get Him to the Greek, directed by Nicholas Stoller and produced by Judd Apatow.

Levine has stated in various interviews that he does not plan on continuing in Maroon 5 forever, and may stop after the tour for Maroon 5's probable third album.

Levine made a guest appearance as himself on the season three finale of 30 Rock.

In 2009, Levine recorded "Gotten", a song for Slash's first solo album Slash to be released in April 2010. "Gotten" was premiered at amazon.com on March 29, 2010.

Levine is also featured as a singer for the song "She Will be Loved" in the music rhythm game 'Band Hero'. After which he is a playable character on any song on the game disc.

In February 2010, he was among approximately 80 musicians who sang on the charity-single remake of "We Are the World" called "We Are the World: 25 for Haiti".
Personal life
External videos
Levine with his sister at a 2008 concert

Levine's ex-girlfriend Jane is the muse behind the name of the band's debut album, Songs About Jane. In a 2004 interview, he claimed that she had not contacted him despite the success of the album. They have since made up, and by 2007, Levine referred to themselves as "close friends".

Levine's stepmother and father own two fashion stores in California. In 2005, he and Ryan Seacrest of American Idol attended the inauguration of M. Fredric, his parents' second store, in Studio City.

Levine is a "car junkie," his favorite car being his 1971 Mercedes 280 SE 3.5 Cabriolet. He rarely drives his cars because of his concerns about the environment.

In 2006, Levine broke his sternum while lifting weights, what he called "one of the most painful things I’ve ever experienced." He began using spotters while lifting weights before giving up weightlifting altogether when he began yoga in 2007.
wikipedia.org
blog.newsok.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam Levine and His Plain White T

Adam Levine keeps it simple in a plain white tee as he goes shopping with girlfriend Rebecca Ginos at Malibu Country Mart on Saturday afternoon (June 20) in Malibu, Calif.
adam-levine-plain-white-tee.jpg

After his shopping spree, the 30-year-old singer hopped onto his motorcycle and sped off with Rebecca.

Maroon 5 recently just launched their own Twitter page. Follow them @Maroon5. (It’s quite challenging to figure out who’s actually tweeting!)

15+ pictures inside of Plain White T man Adam Levine…

justjared.buzznet.com

adam-levine-plain-white-tee-01.jpg
adam-levine-plain-white-tee-02.jpg
adam-levine-plain-white-tee-03.jpg
adam-levine-plain-white-tee-04.jpg
adam-levine-plain-white-tee-05.jpg
adam-levine-plain-white-tee-06.jpg
adam-levine-plain-white-tee-07.jpg
adam-levine-plain-white-tee-08.jpg

Adam Levine: Sexy New Girlfriend!28 August 2009

Adam Levine holds hands with his sexy new girlfriend, model Angela Bellotte, in New York City on Thursday (August 27).
adam-levine-new-girlfriend.jpg

During one stop at a tattoo parlor, the 30-year-old Maroon 5 frontman was seen getting shirtless. New ink, perhaps? The pair was also seen withdrawing a wad of cash from an ATM at Bank of America.

P.S. I love Angela’s outfit.

10+ pictures inside of Adam Levine’s sexy new girlfriend…

justjared.buzznet.com

adam-levine-new-girlfriend-01.jpg
adam-levine-new-girlfriend-02.jpg
adam-levine-new-girlfriend-03.jpg
adam-levine-new-girlfriend-04.jpg
adam-levine-new-girlfriend-05.jpg
adam-levine-new-girlfriend-06.jpg
adam-levine-new-girlfriend-07.jpg
adam-levine-new-girlfriend-08.jpg
adam-levine-new-girlfriend-09.jpg
adam-levine-new-girlfriend-10.jpg
adam-levine-new-girlfriend-11.jpg

John Mayer & Adam Levine: Katsuya Cravings

John Mayer carries out his iPhone after dining at Katsuya restaurant on Saturday night (September 5) in Los Angeles.
john-mayer-adam-levine-katsuya.jpg

The night before, Maroon 5 rocker Adam Levine was seen eating at the same hotspot.

Moments ago, John took to Twitter about the good time he had last night. The 31-year-old singer tweeted, “I’m a little hung over. Don’t get me wrong, I could still save Nakatomi Plaza if I had to.”

FYI: Nakatomi Plaza is in reference to the building that John McClane (Bruce Willis) saved from a terrorist attack in 1988’s Die Hard. Remember Hans Gruber (Alan Rickman)? His best line: “Now I have a machine gun. Ho ho ho!”

15+ pictures inside of John Mayer and Adam Levine craving Katsuya…

justjared.buzznet.com

john-mayer-adam-levine-katsuya-01.jpg
john-mayer-adam-levine-katsuya-02.jpg
john-mayer-adam-levine-katsuya-03.jpg
john-mayer-adam-levine-katsuya-14.jpg
john-mayer-adam-levine-katsuya-15.jpg

11 September 2009 Angela Bellotte: Adam Levine's New Girlfriend!

Maroon 5 frontman Adam Levine is dating model Angela Bellotte, JustJared.com can exclusively reveal.
angela-bellotte-adam-levine-dating.jpg

The couple was spotted catching a departing flight to NYC via LAX airport in Los Angeles on Tuesday (September 8). A few weeks ago, Adam and Angela were spotted holding hands in the Big Apple.

While sucking on his lollipop at the airport, Adam tweeted, “Heading back to NYC. Then Switzerland again to put the finishing touches on the record, including a brand new one. Number 13!”

10+ pictures inside of cute couple Adam Levine and Angela Bellotte…

justjared.buzznet.com

angela-bellotte-adam-levine-dating-01.jpg
angela-bellotte-adam-levine-dating-02.jpg
angela-bellotte-adam-levine-dating-03.jpg
angela-bellotte-adam-levine-dating-04.jpg
angela-bellotte-adam-levine-dating-05.jpg
angela-bellotte-adam-levine-dating-06.jpg
angela-bellotte-adam-levine-dating-07.jpg
angela-bellotte-adam-levine-dating-08.jpg
angela-bellotte-adam-levine-dating-09.jpg
angela-bellotte-adam-levine-dating-10.jpg
angela-bellotte-adam-levine-dating-11.jpg
angela-bellotte-adam-levine-dating-12.jpg

^Please,next time post pictures in thumbnails,it took forever for this page to load.

Maroon 5's New Single 'Misery' Out Now!

Maroon 5’s new single “Misery” is out on iTunes. Their new album, Hands All Over, drops September 21st!
maroon-5-misery.jpg

Adam Levine sings, “I am in misery/ There ain’t no other/ Who can comfort me/Why won’t you answer me/ Your silence is slowly killing me.”

Maroon 5’s North American tour kicks off on July 30th. Their opening acts will include Owl City, Guster, VV Brown, Ry Cuming and American Idol champ Kris Allen.

justjared.

Maroon 5: 'Misery' Video Premiere!

Check out Maroon 5’s new video for “Misery”!
adam-levine-maroon-5-misery-video.jpg

Adam Levine and keyboardist Jesse Carmichael dropped by Sirius XM Studio on Thursday (July 1) in NYC to chat about their new album, Hands All Over, and their first single, “Misery”!

“We’re getting back to what it was all about from the beginning — and luckily we didn’t stray too far before we realized that,” Adam told Rolling Stone.

As for what to expect on their new tour, which starts July 30? “No bells and whistles, no lasers and no pyrotechnics, just a show,” Adam said. “A good one, too.”

FYI: Maroon 5 will be performing TOMORROW (July 2) on Today! If you’re in NYC, drop by Rockefeller Center to watch!

justjared.

Maroon 5 Rocks Rockefeller Plaza

Maroon 5 performs on NBC’s the Today Show on Friday (July 2) in New York City.
maroon-5-today-show.jpg

The band played old favorites including “This Love” and “Sunday Morning” as well as their new single, “Misery,” in Rockefeller Plaza.

In a recent interview with Rolling Stone, Maroon 5 front man, Adam Levine, 31, talks about the band’s decision to embrace their individuality, “Our first record was a reflection of my love for Stevie Wonder. With the second I kept going back and forth between Prince and the Police. But there was no one on my mind for this album. It’s just great pop.”

The band’s new album Hands All Over expected to drop on September 21st.

FYI: Adam is wearing a Levi’s Red Tab Trucker jacket in Adobe!

15+ pictures inside of Maroon 5 rocking out on the Today Show…

justjared.

222: Adam Levine's Fashion Line!

Adam Levine is the latest celeb to start his own fashion line!
adam-levine-fashion-line-222.jpg

The 31-year-old Maroon 5 frontman is launching 222, his first collection, in Las Vegas this week.

“I’m passionate about fashion. I think it says something about yourself and, whether you care about clothes or not, what you wear reflects some kind of attitude towards style,” Adam told WWD.

The collection is “a minimalistic line of jeans, basic t-shirts and leather jackets.” Expect to see silk dresses and wraps for women, too!

FYI: Adam is partnering in the venture with his father, Fred Levine, his longtime stylist, Aristotle Circa, and a cousin of his father’s, Sami Cooper.

justjared

Adam Levine Explains '222' Fashion Line

Adam Levine and his band Maroon 5 swing by the Y100 radio station headquarters on Wednesday (August 18) in Miami, Fla.
maroon-5-222-fashion-line.jpg

What is the meaning behind Adam’s 222 tattoo? (It’s also the name of his new clothing line.)

Adam shared, “Well, there’s a place called 222, the first studio we recorded our first demo at in Hollywood and it was this tiny little building. It no longer exists, actually, or it’s under a different name now, but it was the first studio we recorded at and then that demo tape…we had this tape and we took it around. That’s kind of what started our whole career! Even back then, we said 222 was going to be our lucky number and it just kind of stuck with us.”

You can check out Adam’s full interview and exclusive vid at Y100.com!

Maroon 5’s new album Hands All Over drops September 21!

15+ pictures inside of Maroon 5 at Y100 HQ…

justjared.buzznet.com

Maroon 5 Covers Billboard Magazine

Adam Levine and his Maroon 5 bandmates cover Billboard magazine’s most recent issue!
maroon-5-billboard-magazine.jpg

Here’s what the Hands All Over performers had to share:

Jesse Carmichael, on the band’s changing styles: “We’ve always gone through different stylistic phases ever since we started playing music together in seventh grade. One day it’d be Green Day meets Fugazi, then the next Oasis meets the Black Crowes. It was all over the place, just anything we felt like writing. And that’s still the way it is.”

Adam, on the band’s longevity: “You get to a point where you can outlive your criticism, and I think we’re starting to turn that corner now. People are saying, ‘Wow, this isn’t a flash in the pan—this is a band that’s been around through other bands’ rising and falling.’”

Hands All Over hits shelves September 21!

Bigger cover inside…

justjared.

Maroon 5 & Lady Antebellum's 'Out of Goodbyes' Song Premiere -- EXCLUSIVE

JustJared.com has the exclusive song premiere of Maroon 5’s new song “Out of Goodbyes” featuring country chart-toppers Lady Antebellum.
maroon-5-out-of-goodbyes-lady-antebellum.jpg

The song is off of Maroon 5’s much-anticipated album Hands All Over, which releases this Tuesday (September 21). Lyrics by Adam Levine; music composed by Adam, Jesse Carmichael, and James Valentine.

Listen below and follow along with the “Out of Goodbyes” lyrics. What a great collaboration!

justjared

Adam Levine: 'Hands All Over' Album Release Party!

Adam Levine and his Maroon 5 bandmates celebrate the release of their third studio album at The Standard Hotel in New York City on Tuesday (September 21).
adam-levine-album-party.jpg

Hands All Over dropped in stores yesterday! In case you missed it, check out the premiere of Maroon 5’s new song, “Out of Goodbyes,” featuring country chart-topping group Lady Antebellum.

At the party, Adam met up with R&B singer Ne-Yo inside the hotel’s rooftop bar, Le Bain. Whitney Port and Parks and Recreation star Aziz Ansari also dropped by!

Also pictured: Adam outside the Ed Sullivan Theater on Tuesday, where he taped an appearance on the Late Show with David Letterman.

Justjared.

Adam Levine: It Gets Better!

Maroon 5’s Adam Levine is the latest celeb to film a video telling bullied teens that it gets better!
adam-levine-maroon-5-it-gets-better.jpg

“People are really brutal and horrible to each other, especially in high school,” Adam said. “We’ve all been there, we’ve all experienced it and it can be really traumatizing.”

“Don’t let them win,” Adam concluded, “because it’s such a terrible energy to spread….High school is not the end of the line! I hated high school…but if you can get through it, there is a whole world out there that is just beyond people treating you badly.”

FYI: Video may not be safe for work - it has a quick f-bomb!

justjared

Katy Perry & Maroon 5: Windows Phone 7 Kickoff!

Adam Levine and his Maroon 5 bandmates rocked out at the Fillmore in San Francisco on Monday (November 8) to celebrate the launch of Microsoft’s new Windows Phone 7!
katy-perry-maroon-5-windows-phone.jpg

Meanwhile, across the country, Katy Perry brought her sweet and sexy music to the stage at NYC’s Roseland Ballroom.

Two lucky concertgoers took their new Windows phones a spin at the concerts - check out what they had to share!

“I grabbed my phone just as Maroon 5 made their way to the stage and managed to score some stellar footage of the flashing lights and Adam belting out the lyrics to their latest, ‘Misery,’” one wrote. “As the band moved into their next song–”Harder to Breathe” - I was immediately transported back to my college days (in San Francisco) when Maroon 5 opened for Dave Matthews at the Filmore in 2002. All I could think of (besides how captivating Mr. Levine is with his sleeves and white tee) was how awesome it’ll be to reminisce with my college buddies, thanks to these photos.”

Katy’s set included her hits “Hot N Cold,” “I Kissed A Girl,” “Peacock” and “Firework”!

“I hope you’ve requested ["Firework"] and downloaded it off your new Windows Phone,” Katy exclaimed to screaming, dancing fans.

Sounds like a blast!! Learn more about the Windows Phone here.

justjared.

Adam Levine & Anne Vyalitsyna: 'The Fighter' Premiere Pair

Adam Levine and his girlfriend, model Anne Vyalitsyna, attend the Cinema Society and Men’s Health screening of The Fighter on Friday (December 10) at NYC’s SVA Theater.
adam-levine-anne-vyalitsyna-fighter.jpg

Earlier in the week, the Maroon 5 frontman, 31, was in Washington, D.C., for the National Christmas Tree Lighting ceremony with President Obama.

“Just met BB King, the President, the First Lady, and an adorable ten year old with the voice of an angel,” Adam tweeted.

Maroon 5’s song “Misery” will be getting the Glee treatment sometime next year!

The cast will cover the track in a spring episode, a show rep recently confirmed.

justjared.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maria Clara099
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->