• The Red Carpet Highlights of... The 77th Annual Cannes Film Festival 2024!

• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Age Intervention Eyelash recalled

Jenner8675309

Reaction score
I don't use this, but thought it might be good to post it:

A product that claims to extend the length of your eyelashes, called Age Intervention Eyelash, was recalled this week. The FDA fears that it may cause vision problems in consumers, because it contains a drug that causes increased pressure in the eye. In studies, this drug has been show to increase hair growth (hence its use in a eyelash-growing product). The FDA says that some consumers have experienced decreased vision, and that those who already have elevated pressure in the eye could be especially at risk.

If you own the product, the FDA recommends that you throw it out and contact your doctor if you've had any related health issues.

http://www.thatsfit.com/2007/11/17/eyelash-product-recalled/

You know when this first came out I REALLY wanted to try it. I saw a lot of before and afters and I couldn't believe it. It was $160 but if it worked I would have paid it. It was sold out for so long and I totally forgot about it until now. It's kind of scary how little we know about things we use everyday!

good to know.. i saw this product featured somewhere (new beauty magazine i think) and had it on my wish list for a while... i, too, forgot about it until i saw this post. thanks for the info!

eeekk... i've been using this stuff for about 6 months now. the first month i used it every day. then after that i used it maybe twice a week. it really works. i only curl my lashes and no mascara needed. i'm so mad to hear this. i haven't noticed any visual changes, but this is really scary. thanks, jenn, for posting.

^ If you haven't had any problems yet, I doubt you will, so no worries. But I would def stop using it. Sorry :cry:

I'm glad I never tried it, eyes are not something to mess around with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnakePlissken
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->