Agnes Nabuurs

Agnes after Missoni. Great picture :wink:

242h25d.jpg

le-21eme.com

Kudos to this girl. Great season for her. She be perfect LV campaign material IMO.

Such a good season for her and always refreshing to see a model doing well without unnecessary hype (I guess her distinctive look and phenomenal class are no stranger to these first-season achievements). I truly loved her print work already and her looks at Sportmax and especially Jonathan Saunders were equally breathtaking, not every model can convey the same emotional charge on both glossy paper and runway.

She looks perfect at LV. And I agree, a campaign would be awesome!

The Dutch model Agnes Nabuurs (Viva) outside Louis Vuitton show, Paris S/S 2013 RtW Fashion Week, October 2012.

swinging-paris.com

AGNES NABUURS (compiled by Stereo_Flo)
SS13 TOTAL: 30
SS13 MILAN/PARIS: 13
OPENED: 1 | CLOSED: 0

London:
Acne
Christopher Kane
Giles
Jonathan Saunders
Marios Schwab
Mulberry
Sass & Bide

Milan:
Aquilano.Rimondi
Dolce & Gabbana
Missoni
Sportmax
Versus

New York:
Academy of Art University
Boy by Band of Outsiders
Hache
Marc Jacobs
Osklen
Parsons MFA Fashion Design & Society
Patrik Ervell
Philosophy
Sophie Theallet (O)
Victoria by Victoria Beckham

Paris:
Cacharel
Costume National
Dries Van Noten
Felipe Oliveira Baptista
John Galliano
Louis Vuitton
Pedro Lourenço
Shiatzy Chen

Parsons MFA Fashion Design & Society S/S 2013 NYC

a_4_5x.jpg
a_4_5x.jpg

a_4_5x.jpg
a_4_5x.jpg

nymag.com

Shot by Izabela Rachwal

izabelarachwal.tumblr.com

agnes1.jpg

AGNES NABUURS (DNA Models)
HOMETOWN: Amsterdam
WHERE YOU SAW HER THIS SEASON: Marc Jacobs, Acne, Louis Vuitton, Dolce & Gabbana and more.
AGNES’ MEMORABLE MOMENT: “For me I think the fact that I was crying during the rehearsal at Louis Vuitton was memorable. It was a good cry though – happy tears! The finale with the music and all the girls, I just thought it was so pretty. Since this was my first season and there were these huge shows, watching them all come together can be overwhelming. Vuitton was so beautiful and it just made me really emotional, but it was a wonderful experience.”
models.com

^^Awwwww....What a sweet sincere vulnerable confession!

That is one of the best things i've read in here all these years!.

Model Call: Agnes Nabuurs
By LAUREN MCCARTHY

Sporting a blue suede motorcycle jacket and bedhead-tousled bob, 23-year-old Agnes Nabuurs certainly looks the part of her newfound It-model status. Yet rather than dish backstage gossip from her stellar first season, where she walked the runways of Marc Jacobs, Dolce & Gabbana and Louis Vuitton, the Holland native prefers to talk about her first love: medical research. “I have seen some live operations, which were awesome,” says Nabuurs. “Brain surgery is insane.” Amid chat of surgeries and Hurricane Sandy, WWD managed to get the inside scoop on the DNA-repped model’s first fashion month.

WWD: Were you here for the hurricane?
Agnes Nabuurs: I was. I’ve been in New York for three and a half weeks now, and I couldn’t do anything for over a week. I’m staying on Kent Avenue in Williamsburg. The four of us staying in the model apartment had to evacuate because it’s next to the water. We went to a really stupid place — 30th Street and 11th Avenue in Manhattan, where we didn’t have any electricity or water. We were there for one day and then we decided to go back to Williamsburg.

WWD: Is this your first time in the United States?
Nabuurs: I went to Miami once, like two years ago. It was a holiday for two and a half weeks. Can you imagine? At the time my friend and I were deciding between India and Miami. I don’t know what was on my mind. We decided on Miami because I have Italian friends and they had rented a place. We had a lot of fun, but two and a half weeks in Miami is a long time.

WWD: You modeled in Holland as a teenager for six months before quitting. What made you return to the industry?
Nabuurs: I had some friends still modeling and I was working in a restaurant but not earning a lot. They were doing beautiful work, so I thought, ‘Hmm, maybe I should give it a shot.’ So I sent some pictures to the agency I’m with now, and they were like, ‘Yeah, come on over.’ I had my last exams in August and the next day I went to New York to do fashion week.

WWD: What did you study?
Nabuurs: Medicine. I really like my studies, but the world was a bit small for me. I’d like to do more and see more, so that’s why I really like modeling.

WWD: Do you hope to eventually return to medicine?
Nabuurs: I think this year for me is just trying to figure out what I want. Modeling right now gives me the opportunity to see a lot of things. If I go into medicine, what I’d like to do most is surgery. It’s being creative on a totally different level. I think it’s just amazing what we can do, where people are talking while you’re fixing something in their head.

WWD: How was your first fashion week?
Nabuurs: In this business, you can’t expect anything. My first show was Marc Jacobs, and I remember walking in and being like, ‘This buffet is really good.’ That was my first thought. Then, the makeup and hair was huge, and the choreography. It was a real show-show. It was complicated, but beautiful.

WWD: And then you worked with Marc again for Louis Vuitton.
Nabuurs: That was the most beautiful experience of fashion week for me. The call time was three in the morning, and we started rehearsing at eight. I don’t know if it was me being tired or the early call time or if it was just really pretty, but I was tearing up. It was so beautiful. Kel [Markey], my twin in the show was like, ‘Are you kidding me? You’re crying because you’re walking Louis Vuitton?’

WWD: Are there any designers that you are dying to walk for next season?
Nabuurs: I don’t know. It’s not so much that I’m crazy about certain brands; it’s more editorials. I really like English magazines, like iD and Dazed and Confused with weird editorials.

WWD: What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever had to do on set?
Nabuurs: When I was way younger, I had to breakdance topless which was pretty weird. That was really curious. They started with the breakdance part, obviously. Then they were like,’You know what would be really fashion? If you take your top off.’ It’s not really a big thing for me, so at the end of the day I was breakdancing topless. At that point, I was like, ‘How did they get me to do this?’

wwd.com

Photographer: Robert Clyde Grima

royliustudios.blogspot.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TabooDresses
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->