Alaïa S/S 2023 : Kaia Gerber by Tyrone Lebon

For me of the 90's supermodels, Cindy has always been the worst... Kaia doesn't even have her mother's look, awful campaign!

How and why is this girl getting work? I mean I know why.

But this is not it.

I don’t get all the hate this time. I think she’s posing well and looks good. not her fault the photographer used that lens or filter to melt her with the background.

It reminds me very slightly of that one Saint Laurent campaign with Daria Werbowy in front of the Eiffel tower at night. The direction in general reminds me of Saint Laurent's visual identity more so than Alaia's. I like the sensuality and the softness and I don't really mind the campaign as a whole. Kaia may not be a spectacular model, but she is pretty and since her mother rested on it, why shouldn't she? Then again, she sure ain't Cindy...

I’ve never been a fan, but I’m almost happy to see Kaia back modeling, hopefully a sign she’s finally realized “acting” isn’t for her.

I like it! I see why the went with Kaia, and I love the LA vibe

New campaign image:

It is werid that even the official Alaia account cannot post an ad pic that covers the full logo.....

To me, this campaign looks so like another photo randomly taken in LA. Not a fan.

She almost looks as cheap as Hailey “Bieber” she looks very influencer/instagram model lately

Saint Alaia Paris...

Taking Alaia is actually a great idea on paper and could have been so good. But this execution is so cheesy.

You won't find me complaining about Kaia resembling a young Cindy, and I'm very much a fan of ALL of this. The campaign has that old-school glamour feel but still feels modern, and I'm appreciative of how much it's a departure from those Willy Vanderperre offerings.

More from the campaign:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zhaoxx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->