Alberto Biani RTW Fall 2003 (Milan)

xopher215

Reaction score
A really crisp and refreshingly modern collection. It's really not at all the cross-dressing treasure trove it may appear at first glance. While it's obviously inspired by menswear, the not-too-tailored look still beautifully accentuates a very feminine silhouette and the cuts of the pieces themselves are suggestive and sensual.

Sober if it wants to be, this is a sharp and practical vision of contemporary femininity, either for the casual or perhaps a different sort of "power-dressing" woman. It's definitely not Annie Hall.

except for the vests, i like the collection very much. some colours are not really me but i like the cuts. there's a casual sexyness in the clothes that appeals to me, as well as the masculine feel to it.

thanks for the pics :D

looks too much like a mass production line to me, this is mainstream hightstreet style to me, not my style at all :P

[ot:848a6c1756]btw, there is a complete silence regarding Italian fashion week, the 'main' (style, vogue, fwd) fashion sites have posted nothing yet on Milan :? strange.. they should be covering the fw, its already on its 2nd or 3rd day.. :roll: [/ot:848a6c1756]

High Street? Really? :? I'm not at all sure, but I suppose I'd think this'd be a bit more "refined" or sedate. The High Street image I have is of Versace/Dolce&Gabbana Knock-off heaven. :?

Thanks for the jolt though. :D

[ot:c2b8377b3e]Day four actually, and I thought the same about the press. But the collections I did see were not althogether very good... even for fledglings. :? [/ot:c2b8377b3e]

[ot:1d3292d972]style never covers the first days on milan fashion, i think. today they will probably get Byblos and D&G but the real 'fun' will only start tomorrow with Prada, Emporio and the lot...[/ot:1d3292d972]

[ot:b4b4f2649e]Alberto Biani is real high street for the "ladies", quite mainstream -at least around here.
Most Italian labels showing during Milano fashion week have been ruined by boring commerciality.
I've spent few months working in Milano, honestly, Italian showrooms can break all creativity in a company, aiming just for more $$.
Well in the long run this 'commercial' orientated attitude ruinned any grains of 'italian' creativity, look at the state of those collections, no wonder fashion sites stay largely "silent". [/ot:b4b4f2649e]

[ot:1c168e21ec] ultra OT here :shock:
abril, I'm invited to the Portugese fashion during Paris fw, there will be a show at Carousel de Louvre, I'm quite excited, Totem does their Press :wink:
jose antonio tenere is a friend of mine, do you know his work?[/ot:1c168e21ec]

:| i dont like it ,really. thanks for the pics! i was wondering why style.com wasnt running pics yet

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->