Alexander McQueen F/W 2015.16 by David Sims

Nymphaea

Reaction score
111.jpg
222.jpg

alexander_mcqueen_fall_2015_campaign_p.jpg

Things have come full circle at the house of Alexander McQueen, at least when it comes to the Fall 2015 collection. At the brand’s Fall 2015 runway show, Sarah Burton explained that her collection about “the spirit of the rose” had been inspired by the photographs of the flower David Sims took for Visionaire—four months later and McQueen reveals a Fall campaign shot by Sims himself.

The resulting snapshot-like images of new models Julia van Os, Ruth Bell, and Jamilla Hoogenboom capture the gravely beautiful essence of Sims’ original shots from the art book. In one photo, van Os, partially concealed by shadow, reclines while revealing a lacy bralette. Elsewhere, Bell stands doe-eyed against a pastel wall, showing off her Farrow-esque buzz cut crafted especially for the campaign. Heightening the romanticism is a bloodlike crimson border that frames each image.

The ads, six in total, will appear in select publications starting this September. Until then, you can find a sneak preview here.
style/wwd

Last edited by a moderator:
If only Sims got rid of this style...not a fan at all.

It seems McQueen team is still finding the route for Burton's era. Seasons passed by but there's still no impact identity in campaigns. They kinda took experiments again and again. I like this vibe, but it's obvious that Alexander McQueen has lost their track of presenting. The brand is not strong anymore.

It's beautiful but not stellar.

Love the creative concept here, but I'm not sure about the retro looking images. Love retro, but these look kind of cheap with that background. Hopefully the other images will be better.

It's bitchin'! I like the displaced Medieval maiden in the 70s era.

It's not that it's bad but there's something missing. These shots look like an editorial; they don't have advertising impact imo. I keep going back to Klein's campaign with Edie and how great it was. This falls short, especially considering the fact that the collection and show were both amazing!

There's something very Derek Jarman about it, I'm into it

The images are ok, but I'm not convinced they're effective for a campaign. I particularly like the first shot, very romantic. It's time for Alexander McQueen to produce something memorable and striking, this will be forgettable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->