Alexandre Vauthier F/W 2022.23 Paris

it’s quite strong indeed but for someone wearing Vauthier the shots (Karen’s mood) could have way more attitude.

thank you so much and as always, for posting @vogue28 :flower::flower::flower:

I love...that he chose Karen Elson to shoot the lookbook.

It’s not interesting, the garments themselves feel very half-baked and not even Karen manages to turn them into the showstoppers Alexandre probably thinks they are. He’s definitely done better work than this.

It's just an ok proposition from him.

Seems to be a filler collection of things we have seen from him.

Obsessed, just as much as I thought I would be! I am especially a fan of the Alaia-esque cut-out detailing and that red patent leather leather jacket dress is nothing short of fabulous. My favourite look from the entire collection, without a doubt. :heart:

Seriously, even if I always find it frustrating that his RTW is an edited, stripped down version of his Couture, I love this simply because I loved his Couture!

The white and red suits are simply exquisite. The flapper white dress, the velvet dress with feather hems, the black velvet dress with gold embroideries, the black sweater with the velvet skirt…So fabulous!

The bodycon column dresses are really not my thing…from anybody at this point.

The choice of model is perfect.
In the « sexy » lane, Alexandre is currently above all the rest for me.
This collection is really strong and some of the looks made me think of Alaia, in a good way. Perhaps it should have been him going to that brand.

Alaia or even Tom Ford (If he wants to retire from designing).
I feel like everything Alexandre needs is some heritage or archives to expand his POV. Because the techniques and the quality are there.
I’ve always felt like for someone who worked for both Gaultier and Mugler, he wasn’t as crazy as you would expect (Someone like Nicolas, you really see the influence of Gaultier in his work and his obsession of mixing things). It’s true that he has always said that Karl was his favorite designer but still, I always want Alexandre to push himself even further.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliburum
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->