Alexandre Vauthier S/S 2018 Paris

Vogue Paris editorial? This is the one they should have hired for YSL, looks straight from archives but not eye-hurting and unbearable finish and colours.-_-

"Elle Special Mode" editorial for spring-summer 1988.

Its YSL but with impeccable tailoring, which Vacarello's SL lacks in shades lol. I concur with Zazie they should have hired him instead, that being said this is toooo retro 80s

Last edited by a moderator:
The thing about Vauthier is that he is basically a dj of 80's fashion. It's not necessarly YSL because it's the only name we like to reference from that era, in this type of fashion, but he is referencing Ungaro, Balmain...etc.

I think that he would do a wonderful job at all those houses, from YSL to Ungaro because he still got that sharp and graphic vision.

Let's be honest, he is limited as a designer but he comes from the school of Couture and his clothes are luxurious and really well made. He could benefit a lot from working with archives.

His RTW line is just an extension of the couture. The only difference here is that it doesn't have the craftmanship of Lemarié, Lesage and everything.

I wonder why nobody has gave him that kind of job yet...

He is literally copying Vaccarello and TFS thinks he should go to YSL? Hmmmm

This place has gone a bit mad but being that TFS is actually alive this fashion week, I'll take what I can get

I think the art direction of the lookbook is inspired by the Céline Dion HC Vogue US editorial.

I think this collection is not amazing but not as ugly as the usual we are used to see for his RTW.

Vogue Paris editorial? This is the one they should have hired for YSL, looks straight from archives but not eye-hurting and unbearable finish and colours.-_-

His creative director is Franck Durand, Alt's husband and also creative director for Isabel Marant...etc.
That can explain the choice of the model and the whole VP atmosphere.

Well Ive seen worse VP editorials, Luna looks smashing and I dont mind the clothes at all. This is how you do 80ies folks.

He could work wonders @ Ungaro. Just saying. Half the stuff here is re-worked Ungaro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->