Hips: 33"/ 83cm

instagram/alexiskapun

Last edited by a moderator:
Pet Shop Eyes: Celeste Tesoriero

Photographer: Juliette Cassidy
Stylist: Mar Peidro
Hair/Makeup Artist: Dianna Esteves Vierira

russhmagazine.com

^ They might, it appears they are prepping her for the big leagues supposedly already worked for Gucci.

ph. Alexandra Cabral & ph. Brittany Thaler

instagram/alexandra_cabral_ & inforum.com

inforum

A model student: Fargo North freshman has appeared in Vogue Italia, met with Gucci
By Anna G. Larson on Apr 19, 2015 at 1:16 a.m.
FARGO—On a sunny afternoon here, Alexis Kapaun is all smiles.

But she can be "Vogue-serious," too.

Since she signed with Los Angeles-based L.A. Models a year ago, the 15-year-old Fargo girl is learning to balance her teen spirit with her new career as a model.

Alexis appeared in Vogue Italia twice, Revelry and En Vie magazines, and fashion house Gucci requested a meeting with her in Milan.

"The front desk woman knew my name already and they led me to this rectangular room where everyone spoke Italian and I walked for them," Alexis says.

Not many people know the Fargo North High School freshman's been traveling and learning the ropes of the fashion industry.

And Alexis is OK with that.

It's her first job.

In Fargo, Alexis, or Ali as her friends and family call her, focuses on sports, church youth group and earning straight A's at school.

She's always adored fashion, but Alexis never thought she'd model until a scout named Beth Boldt approached her mom on a family vacation in California.

Alexis' mom, Ruth Kapaun, researched Boldt, who scouted Naomi Campbell, and called her back a few days later while the family was at Disneyland. Twenty minutes and a "Pirates of the Caribbean" ride later, Alexis was signed.

"It just didn't even feel real," Alexis says. "I love fashion and seeing models, but I didn't know if I could do it. In North Dakota, you're not really shown that world. You see it in magazines."

In L.A. Models' "New Faces" division, Alexis joins other teens who are starting out in the modeling world.

New Faces require development, and they're usually not ready to be in the women's category, says Brittany Thaler, director of New Faces.

"We want someone fresh, new and distinct," she says. "She's (Alexis) going to be great in the high-fashion editorial market and then she could easily do that fun, junior catalog stuff, too, because she has a great personality. People think a model just sits there or whatever, but there are a lot of clients, especially in the L.A. market, where personality really matters."

The agency typically looks for naturally thin girls who are 5-foot-8 to 5-foot-11 with a 32- to 34-inch bust, 25-inch waist and hips no larger than 35 inches. Alexis measures 5 feet, 8 inches tall and wears a size 0 to 2.

A model's measurements can vary with age, too, Thaler says, and the agency encourages a healthy lifestyle of eating well and exercising with no deprivation.

Alexis hasn't changed her diet much since her family already eats a mostly organic, gluten-free diet of fruits, vegetables and lean meats. But she also enjoys her grandma's cinnamon rolls and sugary coffee drinks occasionally.

Alexis tries to not compare her body to other models' bodies, reminding herself that beauty comes in many shapes and sizes.

"Going to Milan showed me how many different model types there are right now—so many different looks and sizes and bodies," she says. "You do have to work on it, like 'Why don't I look like that?' You can't think that. There are so many gorgeous girls and it's cool."

Other models signed with L.A. Models' "New Faces" division include a gaggle of celebrity children, like Sylvester Stallone's 16-year-old daughter, Sistine Stallone; Lionel Richie's daughter, Sofia Richie; and Jamie Foxx's daughter, Corinne Foxx.

Of course, there are some "regular" teens, too, and Alexis is one of them.

"I mean, a girl from North Dakota and then these super famous, really talented kids of super famous people ... it's crazy," she says.

Alexis' nonfamous parents, Ruth and Daryn Kapaun, accompany her to every casting and photo shoot, whether it's here in the U.S. or abroad.

"She's precious, we have to go," Ruth says.

And Alexis is happy to have her parents' support—it's not embarrassing, she says.

"It'd be nerve-wracking to go to these castings or shoots by myself," she says. "My mom, my sister, my grandma, my brother and my dad have encouraged me in everything I've done."

She travels and models mostly during the summer, but there are times when Alexis misses class. She tries to work ahead, but Ruth says she and her husband are open to the possibility of homeschooling her.

"Both Daryn and I know it's a great opportunity for her. It's not something that happens every day, she needs to go for it," Ruth says, pointing out the real-life education Alexis experiences during travels. "Why not do something you really enjoy doing and see where it takes you?"

Although they were hesitant when the model scout first approached, Ruth and Daryn aren't worried about their daughter and her new career.

"She's got a good head on her shoulders. She has a compassionate heart and she hates seeing people hurt. She's an inclusive person," Ruth says. "Those are the things that will take her a long way, no matter if modeling turns out to be a five-year thing or a 10-year thing."

"Or until I'm 70," Alexis says.

In June, the mother and daughter will move to L.A. for a month while Alexis works. She hopes to land her first runway job soon, too, maybe at a fall fashion week show.

Alexis has her strut down, and in between smiles, she's still practicing her "Vogue-serious" face.

ph. Nick Suarez

instagram/nicksuarezphoto & instagram/newyorkmodels

MODEL BEHAVIOR: ALEXIS
PHOTOGRAPHED BY NIKKO LAMERE

populartv

Meet blonde-haired beauty Alexis of L.A. Models.

Have you ever been starstruck?
It was pretty cool—the last time I was in California my brother and I ran into Jason Segel while we were shopping! I would absolutely love to meet Taylor Swift too..!

What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever had to wear for a shoot?
Milk! Milk was thrown all over me while I was standing in a field and it was like 100 degrees. I couldn’t wait to take a shower.

What’s the band (past or present) you’re dying their to join?
A singer with ABBA. Who doesn’t love their music? I definitely have some of their songs in my mix we listen to while hanging out at the lake!

theones2watch

GO SEE: ALEXIS KAPAUN
June 6, 2017 New York

Name: Alexis Kapaun
Agency: New York Model Management (New York)
Hometown: Fargo, ND/ Dent, MN
Instagram: @Alexiskapaun

If you could only listen to one song for the rest of your life, what would it be?
“What a Beautiful Name” by Hillsong!.

Whats something in your hometown you think every visitor should do?
I grew up on a lake in Minnesota. Some of my best friends (Mattie and Lainey) and I would always do fashion shows on their grandmas super long coffee table! I also loved tubing, kneeboarding and wakeboarding! In Minnesota something everyone should do is go on a morning coffee cruise on the pontoon and at night roast marshmallows at the fire and listen to the Loons (MN state bird).

What is one subject you can talk about for at least 5 minutes?
BAKING! I love to bake and my favorite thing to make is banana bars with burnt butter frosting.

What do you see yourself doing after your modeling career?
Being a super hot mom with a huge family! LOL but actually the “huge family” part for sure :smile:

Photography by Tiffany Nicholson (@tdnphoto)
Special thanks to Dallas Bugera @ NYMM.

Madame Figaro July 6, 2018

Credits:

Madame Figaro - July 6, 2018 Cover - "Génération Style"

Photographer: Françoise Huguier
Fashion Stylist: Sylvie Celemente
Hair Stylist: Andre Cueto Saavedra @ See Management
Makeup Artist: Phophie Mathias
Manicurist: Laura Forget
Models: Axelle Doue, Alexis Kapaun, and Sophie Strobele

940241-800w.jpg

940233-800w.jpg