Alexis Mabille Haute Couture S/S 2011 Paris

i am bored with this collection, like, completely.
- maybe if i was there i'd feel different.

Such a beautiful collection. It's a perfect example of looking to the past but moving forward.

This is by far the best I've seen by Mabille. A lot of the gowns have a lot of unnecessary fabric, and the overall construction could do more work. But seeing the horrors he's done for past collections, this is very nice. I feel like he finally blossomed.

the names i thought of (Valentino and Chanel in their good days) have been posted - i agree. and i like it. but i think the colous palette is a bit dull, and it has the risk to get a bit cheap/trashy eastern european 90s look with the flowers and stuff (not to offend anyone, but i do feel reminded of some of the "cliché"-looking stuff from back then)

Very pretty overall, though I'm not as impressed as with the Christophe Josse collection..

I'm the only one who got Chanel HC Fall 09 feeling here? Beautiful collection anyway.

while it's clear he's talented, there's something a bit to antiquated about this collection. it's elegant to a fault, but it doesn't feel at home in a modern world.

Favorite collection of Paris Haute Couture S/S '11 so far. The shoes and the blanket-like impression of some of the dresses I don't like so much though. By the way, Armani, Gucci and Channel haven't turned out so well...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->