Alexis Mabille Haute Couture S/S 2021 Paris

Not a fan, but I liked that little purple hood moment. There's something powerful about hooded gowns and jumpsuits. Kylie's Can't Get You Out of My Head white jumpsuit with the hood lives rent free in my mind since I first saw it on the TV as a child!

Those last printed numbers should have been edited out, they look like CVS birthday cards come to life...

Leaving that aside I surprisingly like quite a lot of this: the sequined trench, the grey mini-skirt number, the green dress, the hooded one and the black coat-dress.

Focusing on fewer things would have been better but I guess he wanted to show an array of syles for his clients.

I'm oddly enough taken by the floor-length sequin number.
Maybe it's the presentation, but this looks stunning. The sleeked back hair and makeup, cold android-like models, and such glamorous dresses. it doesn't feel out of touch or costumey like Mary's Dior. I can picture a modern woman in these looks.
And what's so strange is that the dresses have unique elements yet there's still an overall flow throughout the full collection. Maybe Schiaparelli should take note.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->