Alice Lemoine

Scott

Stitch:the Hand
Reaction score
really great new talent i've discovered. she actually did knitwear for rick owens' jardin du palais royal line.

DSC_00391.jpg

6r.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

*alicelemoine.com

I really like this. Knitwear has such a fantastic potential to exploit texture.

The pattern on the last photo you posted is beautiful.

sorry i have more but the browser froze...ugh!

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

:shock: This is some seriously skilled knitting. The gaps and intervals are so interesting. I kinda wanna learn how to knit now lol Thanks Scott!

she actually did knitwear for rick owens' jardin du palais royal line.

I always loved those! I immediately thought of the Palais Royal knit pieces when I saw those pictures, it's nice that her style is so recognizable.
Everything you posted looks so lovely, I'd love to have lots of these knits for winter :wub:

Wow, these are beyond!!! Raquel Allegra's t-shirts go perfect with these knits.

As mentioned before, this is superb knitting. She definitively has mastered the technique and plays with it in a way that I just .. its admirable!.

Does she do menswear?

^not sure ultra*,but i'm sure it could work on anybody! :D

you guys are most welcome! yeah i love that open knit technique which drew me immediately. i also like the rawness of it all too....like some kind of ragamuffin weaver of centuries past.

Paris
Alice Lemoîne

October 28
Meet the Rick Owens knitwear protegee going it on her own with Le Moine Tricote

Text by Terence Teh

After working at Rick Owens for four years, Alice Lemoine was then supported by her iconoclastic designer boss to pursue her own hand knit designs and launch her own label, Le Moine Tricote. Her brilliantly crafted and character full collections are available in some of the world's most respected boutiques like colette in Paris, Maxfield in LA and Joyce Hong Kong. We speak to the talented breakthrough designer about her inspirations, her city and creative philosophy.

Satellite Voices: Can you introduce your background and what brought you to Paris?
Alice Lemoine: I grew up in Bordeaux. As a child my mum had a boutique of avant garde women's clothing. As a teen my grandma put me into sewing classes after school. After I graduated I moved to Tokyo where I studied fashion. Then I settled in Paris where I met Rick Owens.
SV: How did that evolve over the years and what did you take from working with Rick Owens?
Alice Lemoine: For a few years I have been working on the same theme trying to improve, trying to reach the best compromise between creativity and everyday wear. Working in Rick's and Michèle's world pushed me undeniably a lot in my approach. I am very grateful to them. Nevertheless after few years I wanted to follow on my own way.
SV: How how would you describe your creative outlook with your own label?
Alice Lemoine: Even if my work seems sophisticated the look remains cool and natural.
SV: Can you highlight some of your favourite recent projects and what’s next?
Alice Lemoine: I had an exibition at the very cool gallery SomeTimeStudio in Paris. It was nice doing something with Eko Sato and Ramuntcho Matta. I am working on doing an installation for my next collection, where you'll of course be invited!
SV: Where do you live in Paris and what inspires you about that area of town?
Alice Lemoine: In Paris I leave in the nice area of the Abbesses where I also have my atelier. It is a multifaceted place but it keeps the spirit of a village.

SV: What are some of your favourite hidden city spots?
Alice Lemoine: In front of my door you'll find the coolest cooker Edakuni Eiichi, chef of Guilo Guilo. A bit further Marcel, Avenue Junot: the best scones at 4pm and BLT at 8. But my canteen is still l'hotel amour.

SV: What advice would you give other independent labels and designers?
Alice Lemoine: The will to work as an independent is a question of liberty above all, however we quickly become slave of the amount of work we have to provide to succeed! You of course need a viable project but strong will above all.

SV: What artists and designers and young creatives in Paris are doing it big for you right now?
Alice Lemoine: I'll just name my relatives cause they are doing awesome things - Benjamin Paulin my boyfriend with a new album of amazing texts. My brother, singer of Cheveu, the best mad punk and my sister's company, the Beka Film - cult figures in architecture!

sattelitevoices.com

beautiful! i'm in love with that last cardigan :wub:

i really love these , but they seem a bit too complicated to wear , right ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annaaa123
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->