Alice Lucken

JSYK

Reaction score
Alice is a finalist in this year's Elite Model Look France

she's 16, 177 cm, from Paris, and was scouted at Gare de Lyon as she was departing on a school trip

0_alice.jpg2_alice.jpg
facebook.com/elitemodellookfrance

i didn't really notice her in the early group shots, but after seeing more, she's one of my favorites
she looks completely different smiling, and along with the fluffy blonde hair, it sort of disguised her strong features

(second from left)

(in the middle)

she made the top three and will go to China for the world final :heart:

french-final-elite-model-look-contest-held-the-espace-cambon-pauuuuris.jpg
french-final-elite-modrrrel-look-contest-held-the-espace-cambon-paris.jpg
french-final-elite-model-look-contest-held-the-espace-cambon-pttaris.jpg
french-final-elite-model-look-contest-held-the-espace-cambon-paris-2.jpg
french-final-elite-model-look-contest-held-the-espace-cambon-paris.jpg

fashion.broadwayworld.com

sorry, i'm just now reading that she gave up her spot :blink:

Alice Lucken, l'une des gagnantes du prestigieux concours de mannequins Elite France, a renoncé à son titre jeudi soir. Cette jeune fille de 16 ans, qui dit préférer se consacrer à ses études pour être médecin, ne se rendra pas à Shangaï pour la grande finale internationale.

she wants to focus on her studies, which is wise and admirable, but why take part in the contest then? :ermm:

could someone please summarize what's being said in this video? :flower:

That's too bad. Maybe more her parents decison than her own, but still, I'm surprised there isn't some sort of pre-final contract, that states they have to participate if they win. Would like to know what she says in the video as well....

frenchfinalelitemodel26.jpg

fashion.broadwayworld.com

i understand some of it... Alice says that she doesn't see modeling as a long-term career goal. she plans on studying medicine, and apparently she had told the jury in advance that she wasn't going to Shanghai, but they still announced her a winner. then i can't really make out what Victoria da Silva's saying, which seems to be the most interesting part.

assuming the above is correct, i find both Alice's participation and the jury's decision quite odd :unsure:

another vid that shows the whole chain of events (starting at 08:00)

Alice reluctantly accepts the award, then hands it back in proper drama queen style :lol:

http://mode.ados.fr/news/reportage-...-elite-model-look-france-2010_article200.html

she looks amazing in motion, so strong and confident on the runway, but her behavior reeks of arrogance :(
though she was sweet enough with the other girls, and claims to appreciate the recognition... idk

Lol, that reminds me of the girls on the NTM shows who make it through the casting process with a keen interest in modelling, but by the first panel are all '**** this, I have a BOYFRIEND" and leave. Her reasoning for not taking the place is completely rational since a modelling career is rarely longterm and doesn't provide a stable source of income. She was approached by casting directors so she might not have had a great interest in modelling anyway and probably took part to get a taste of what modelling was like, or bragging rights...

the interviewer asks why she agreed to participate (she was invited straight to the semifinal round), and she answers that while it's not her dream to become a top model, she'd like to do some modeling during holidays, etc.

Elite are still keen to represent her, so i guess we'll see what happens down the road :innocent:

yes, and with Elite London as well :flower:

66167290.jpg

courtesy of Elite Paris

Designaré Magazine November 2011 Issue

facebook/Designare.Magazine

“AMIRA FRITZ STORY” STYLED BY KATHI KAUDER FOR I LOVE YOU #07

shotview-news

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members